Indian Wells and Miami! Further climbing up the rankings? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #46
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Around the world - and back into Top 50!!!

Joke quarter, seriously, and Errani in the semis whose state of health is still unknown.

Win it all! This title is yours!
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #47
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Big chance of winning this tournament for Sori

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA Australian Open Runner Up 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #48
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

a quite acceptable draw for Sori but she has to be careful and not underrate her opponents... the draw looks quite easy but Voegele can make her life tough and Babos has played well in Bogota so far anyway Sori has a big chance to go very deep in tournament....

Last edited by Rovegun : Feb 20th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #49
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Voegele troubled Lisicki and beat Jarka in recent matches, although Sorana is a different style of player and I'm confident she'll handle Voegele.

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #50
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Everybody beats Jarka lately so..I think Sori will do well

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #51
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

GL Sori!!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #52
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

hope there will be a stream but I don´t reckon much with that possibility.... anyway good luck and fingers crossed, Sori!

Last edited by Rovegun : Feb 20th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM   #53
country flag austennisfan

austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all austennisfan is a name known to all

Round one is gonna be a tough match for Sori. I saw Stefanie play a bit over this summer and she's a good player who is also a bit of an all court player with some nice volleying skills.
austennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:22 AM   #54
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Sori won 6-2 3-6 7-5

was up 3-0 in final set though.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM   #55
country flag Mike81

Not surprised it would be a battle for Sori. A win's what counts

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:33 AM   #56
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monterrey R1: (3)Sorana Cîrstea def. Stefanie Voegele 6-3 2-6 7-5

The most nervwrecking sh*t I've seen for a long time and being a proven fan of headcases this has to mean something, but let's start off from the beginning.

Set 1:
Both players struggling on the return so either one held serve pretty easily, when Sorana was able to break for the first time, followed by an immediate rebreak, until she took her 2nd BP at 4-3 to break the Swiss for the second time and eventually serve it out with an ace. Also saved a couple of BPs in the run to consolidate her break lead.

Set 2:
Sorana got the early break, but was unable to hold serve for the rest of the set going from decent Top 50 level to club tennis in about 2 minutes, giving it kind of up in the end with the dumbest errrors for a while.

Set 3:
Sorana back to her 1st set level going up 3*-0 by a double break, saving a couple of BPs on the way, just to let it go back to 3-3. Then the comedy began. Sorana missing 2 BPs to go up a break again, so that Stefanie was able to hold with her 4th game in a row to 4-3. I thought it was over and nearly felt confirmed by following BPs on Sorana's serve after very sloppy errors, however she hit GOAT mode all of a sudden again hitting 2 crushing baseline winners and an ace to make it 4-4. She was able to maintain her confidence in the following return game hitting further winners, but benefitting from 2 Swiss DFs in the end, 1 on BP. At 5-4 30:30, she completely misstimed a return from Voegele which she already thought to be out, even going for the fistpump just to get broken with another terrible error to 5-5. I thought once again, too much fail, that's it and Steffi cruised to a fast 40-0 lead. But for another time, I underestimated random GOATrana coming up with a couple of beautiful strokes to make it from 40-0 to BP when Voegele dumped a forehand smash in front of the open court into the middle of the net. Heck, Sorana serving for the match again getting 2 MPs. But fitting the match, the 1st one got saved by a Voegele netcord, still Sorana was somehow able to take the match on the 2nd try releasing me from that mental torture.

Brilliant comedy, but messy match throughout. Sorana swinging between world class and utter crap within her regular 5 minute intervals. However, Voegele was probably the toughest opponent she has to face until the semis, so I hope this very ugly win can boost her confidence to make it another good tournament.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM   #57
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

I saw only the third set and it was, well let's say interesting . Frankly it was the worst set I watched Sorana played this year (if I don't take in consideration the last two sets from Errani match when she was suffering). But I give her credit because she made o long trip from Doha to Monterrey and there are also 9 hours difference in time zone.

Good luck against Babos, Sorana!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:43 AM   #58
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sori
I knew it was going to be tough and I could only follow livescores and she gave me a heart attack but she pulled through in the end
Babos shouldn't really trouble her but you never know with Sori...and Dulko is in serious trouble now against Mayr-Achleitner so this draw is looking better and better

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM   #59
country flag Mike81

So I assume this tournament will only have live scores?

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM   #60
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

no there was a stream
but be glad you didn't watch it
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote