Arantxa Sánchez Vicario tells in her autobiography how her parents left her broke - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #31
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arantxa Sánchez Vicario tells in her autobiography how her parents left her broke

The only thing I'm really worried about is the emotional distress this thread will cause the Zen-like, peace-loving Arantxa fans and their very delicate sensibilities. Maybe it should be moved to Non-Tennis or some other subforum they don't read so they don't have to look at it. It has nothing to do with her career.
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #32
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arantxa Sánchez Vicario tells in her autobiography how her parents left her broke

It´s really hard to feel any sympathy for players that give their parents access to their bank account.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #33
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
The fact that she has fallen out with her brothers makes you wonder whether the Sanchez-Casal academy was financed to Arantxa's disadvantage...
I always wondered this given Arantxa would have made a lot more money than her brothers throughout her career. She played in everything singles, doubles and mixed and at one time was no.1 in singles and doubles at the same time. Sad story hearing she's broke but hopefully at some stage she and her family can reach some sort of truce.
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #34
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
how do you let your parents lose 59 million dollars?

This doesn't add up at all.
That's just an estimate and if you get taxed twice for a lot of things and then you have agents taking like 10-15%, plus "advisors" taking their cut, that total can be more like 8-9 million. If it's put into faulty investments deals and such as well as being embezzled/syponed off by the hanger on'ers (parents, siblings), it can all go very fast. She probably was too busy playing tennis/traveling etc to take the time to know what was happening to her money. She probably trusted people that eventually screwed her over. This stuff happens all the time.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #35
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Arantxa. I really feel for her, all her hard work and she is left with hardly anything. Shame on her greedy family.
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #36
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
I can still picture Aranxta's mother sitting in the stands. I didn't think about her constant presence much, except I wonder why all these parents follow around their adult children at their jobs if they are not the coach. Lindsay's mother only came once in a while to the biggest events or to a CA tourney. Then again I didn't understand how Dementieva could stand having her mother with her everywhere, and I remember when she said that she didn't call her mother for on-court coaching because she sees her all the time (or something like that).

Too bad her parents couldn't figure out how to invest her money so it could last for all of them, so they could live on the interest.

Someone should buy and read this book and report back. Sammo? Can you make yourself useful?

I will never foret you SGT. TIMMYKINZ! You are one of a kind. When you come back pretend that you're a fan of "it" and the mods will look the other way.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #37
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
That's just an estimate and if you get taxed twice for a lot of things and then you have agents taking like 10-15%, plus "advisors" taking their cut, that total can be more like 8-9 million. If it's put into faulty investments deals and such as well as being embezzled/syponed off by the hanger on'ers (parents, siblings), it can all go very fast. She probably was too busy playing tennis/traveling etc to take the time to know what was happening to her money. She probably trusted people that eventually screwed her over. This stuff happens all the time.
This. Nothing draws people to you like money. And when money's involved people do dreadful things - it turns people. Including parents, family and so called friends. And so often young women are ripped off when they're busy earning it and lining others pockets. Money can disappear very fast, along with those who spent it/took it.

I'm not surprised its happened, but I'm surprised it's Arantxa as the family Appeared close.

Hope the book is published in English as Arantxa was around at a very fascinating time in women's tennis.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #38
country flag Mynarco
EIFORYA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

How can you win that much money and still be broke ? Poor woman, (if everything's true and stated) I feel for her. Money is a good way to reveal one's true self

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #39
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute

poor ASV
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #40
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

I want to read this book. If the story is true, I feel for Arantxa, all her money gone, by the people you trusted the most in life

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #41
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

asv
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #42
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Tauziat 2.0?

Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #43
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Too funny though that she claims being broke after all the millions she robbed to her country in taxes. The same that other freaks like Nadull and F. Alonso are doing. They should be banned and asked to not represent Spain.

Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #44
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

ASV's mother definitely had this dominant look over her during matches. She always scared me a bit
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #45
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
ASV's mother definitely had this dominant look over her during matches. She always scared me a bit
Come to think of it, I agree.

She has that look of a mother-in-law from hell.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote