2012 World Championships: all medal winners! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow 2012 World Championships: all medal winners!

The 2012 Tennis Poker World Championships!

This traditional event, reserved to the best posters in the previous season with singles and doubles draws and one round played per leg, is back with a smaller draw size because of the withdrawals and reduced number of players: 16 spots for singles and 8 for doubles. For the first time, there will be also a team event with a draw for the 8 best countries with the leg score average to decide the winner.

SCHEDULE

1st leg: Singles 1st round
2nd leg: Team Event Quarterfinals
3rd leg: Doubles Quarterfinals
4th leg: Singles Quarterfinals
5th leg: Team Event Semifinals
6th leg: Doubles Semifinals
7th leg: Singles Semifinals
8th leg: All Gold and Bronze medal finals!

Last edited by DoctorG : Jun 25th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
DoctorG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #2
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 World Championships: singles entry list, wild cards: a poll for the last spo

There are only 6 doubles pairs and 8 national teams coming back from the 2011 season, so they have all qualified without any kind of selection.

On the other hand, we have 21 contenders for 16 singles spots. The following posters have qualified during the 2011 season according to the rules posted in the Race thread:

Singles qualifiers
Adner (3rd leg)
Arn (1st leg)
Brian Stewart (6th leg)
CanIGetaWhat (7th leg)
Canuck (5th leg)
Ceze (4th leg)
Drake1980 (8th leg)
Gallofa (8th leg)
Geewhiz (5th leg)
KC (7th leg)
Kuilli (6th leg)
-Ph51- (4th leg)
Princess Fiona (3rd leg)
Rocketta (2nd leg)
The Crow (2nd leg)
Zamboni (1st leg)

4 posters didn't come back for the 2012 season, so there are 4 more available spots. Traditionally, wild cards in this event have been assigned according to the best 2011 Worlds placement, the best 2011 leg result, the best 2011 leg score and... the public poll for the People's Choice Award!
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

Re: 2012 World Championships: singles entry list, wild cards: a poll for the last spo

Yasmine, Kart, ViennaCalling, Oizo, Tetetubby, Valda Lake, Beesley, WTAtennis2012 , Cswab22 are the 9 posters who played at least a leg in the 2011 and didn't qualify. Kart announced his retirement.

WC 1 - Best 2011 Worlds Placement

Beesley, WTAtennis2012 and Cswab22 joined in the 2011 season and didn't play.
Yasmine and Oizo lost in the first round, and Valda Lake in the second, while both ViennaCalling and Tetetubby reched the quarterfinals. The one with the best combination in the 4th leg was Tetetubby, who gets the first wild card.

WC 2 - Best 2011 Leg Result

Among the remaining 7, the only poster to go beyond the singles quarterfinals during the 2011 season was ViennaCalling, 5th leg semifinalist, who gets the second wild card.

WC 3 - Best 2011 Leg Score

Among the remaining 6, the best leg score was 264 in the first leg by Oizo, who gets the third wild card.

WC 4 - People's Choice Award!

So, the reminaing 5 are:

Yasmine
Valda Lake
Beesley
WTAtennis2012
Cswab22

You were able to choose your favourite poster for the 4th and last Worlds singles wild card in a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll, where Yasmine won:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=453105

Last edited by DoctorG : Feb 29th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

SINGLES ENTRY LIST

Geewhiz ( 1 )
Zamboni ( 2 )
The Crow ( 3 )
Princess Fiona ( 4 )

-Ph51- ( 5 )
Kuilli ( 6 )
Rocketta ( 7 )
Arn ( 8 )

Brian Stewart ( 9 )
Ceze ( 10 )
Martian KC ( 11 )
Drake1980 ( 12 )

Tetetubby ( WC 1 )
ViennaCalling ( WC 2 )
Oizo ( WC 3 )
Yasmine ( WC 4 )

Last edited by DoctorG : Feb 29th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #5
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DOUBLES ENTRY LIST

Geewhiz & Kuilli ( 1 )
-Ph51- & Ceze ( 2 )

Arn & Martian KC ( 3 )
Princess Fiona & Tetetubby ( 4 )

Zamboni & Oizo ( 5 )
Valda Lake & Brian Stewart ( 6 )
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #6
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

TEAM EVENT ENTRY LIST

Belgium ( 1 )
ROSA (Residents of Sainte-Anne) ( 2 )

The You Knows ( 3 )
O.L.D. F.A.R.T.S. from Geriatrica ( 4 )

European Union ( 5 )
USA ( 6 )

Canada ( 7 )
Hogwarts ( 8 )
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #7
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

SINGLES MAIN DRAW

Geewhiz ( 1 ) vs ( WC 4 )
Arn ( 8 ) vs Martian KC ( 11 )

Princess Fiona ( 4 ) vs Tetetubby ( WC 1 )
Kuilli ( 6 ) vs Ceze ( 10 )

-Ph51- ( 5 ) vs Drake1980 ( 12 )
The Crow ( 3 ) vs ViennaCalling ( WC 2 )

Rocketta ( 7 ) vs Brian Stewart ( 9 )
Zamboni ( 2 ) vs Oizo ( WC 3 )

The singles event will start right away in the 1st leg, while the quarterfinals will be played in the 4th leg and the semis in the 8th leg. All gold and bronze medal finals for the 3 draws in the 8th leg.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by DoctorG : Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #8
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DOUBLES MAIN DRAW

Geewhiz & Kuilli ( 1 )
Bye

Princess Fiona & Tetetubby ( 4 )
vs
Zamboni & Oizo ( 5 )

Valda Lake & Brian Stewart ( 6 )
vs
Arn & Martian KC ( 3 )

Bye
-Ph51- & Ceze ( 2 )

The doubles event will start in the 3rd leg with the 2 quarterfinals, while the semis will be played in the 6th leg. All gold and bronze medal finals for the 3 draws in the 8th leg.

Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #9
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

TEAM EVENT MAIN DRAW

Belgium ( 1 )
vs
Hogwarts ( 8 )

O.L.D. F.A.R.T.S. from Geriatrica ( 4 )
vs
European Union ( 5 )

USA ( 6 )
vs
The You Knows ( 3 )

Canada ( 7 )
vs
ROSA (Residents of Sainte-Anne) ( 2 )

The team event will start in the 2nd leg with the quarterfinals, while the semis will be played in the 5th leg. All gold and bronze medal finals for the 3 draws in the 8th leg.

Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #10
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

Re: 2012 World Championships: singles, doubles and team event entry lists and main dr

Tennis Poker 2012
1st leg: January 1st - February 12th
Brisbane, Auckland, Sydney, Hobart, Australian Open, Paris, Pattaya City

1st LEG SCHEDULE

SINGLES FIRST ROUND

Geewhiz ( 1 ) vs Yasmine ( WC 4 )
Arn ( 8 ) vs Martian KC ( 11 )
Princess Fiona ( 4 ) vs Tetetubby ( WC 1 )
Kuilli ( 6 ) vs Ceze ( 10 )
-Ph51- ( 5 ) vs Drake1980 ( 12 )
The Crow ( 3 ) vs ViennaCalling ( WC 2 )
Rocketta ( 7 ) vs Brian Stewart ( 9 )
Zamboni ( 2 ) vs Oizo ( WC 3 )

Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #11
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 World Championships: Yasmine got last wild card! 1st leg schedule: singles 1

Watch out, Ceze!!
Kuilli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #12
country flag Yasmine
Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 World Championships: Yasmine got last wild card! 1st leg schedule: singles 1

Go Ceze

Sorry gotta cheer for my team mate Kuilli
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #13
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute Kuilli has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, can I take my vote back? Yas is cheering against me.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #14
country flag Yasmine
Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry I just cannot cheer against Ceze, I need to have him pumped up for Fed Cup
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #15
country flag Kuilli
stubborn procrastinator

Ok, that will cost you some lasagne. And don't do that again.