Other Croatian juniors - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #61
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Other Croatian juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Alibalic and Granic both got MD WCs at the G4 in Croatia this week. Good luck to them!
Alibalic won 61 76 (beat Zidansek, junior #381 and a year older).

Granic won 64 64.

Also, there's a player named Miriam Siljic who just turned 15 and this week is player her first tournament ever. In QR1 she beat the top seed, then won two more matches to qualify (6-0 in sets, lost 14 games in three matches). Then today in R1 she beat the #7 seed (#352 and two years older) in what looks like a gutsy turn-around: 16 76 75.

Anybody on here know anything about Siljic? Let's see what she does in R2 when she plays another Croatian Q, Jezidzic.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #62
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

In R2, Granic beat the #4 seed easily, 64 61. In the QF she plays a non-seed, so that's good. In doubles she and Basic are the top seeds and won their first match.

Alibalic won in doubles (beat the #4 seeds) but in singles lost to the #3 seed in 3 sets.

And Siljic lost in doubles but won again in singles (her record is now 5-0). She's unbeaten in singles in her lifetime Her streak probably comes to an end tomorrow, though, when she plays the #3 seed.
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM   #63
country flag networthy

Ena Kajevic (b. June 12, 1996; 17 years old) entered the WTA rankings for the first time this week. She's at #1236.
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 02:06 AM   #64
country flag networthy

Perin G1 (in Umag) is next week

But the highest Croatian girl on the acceptance list is at #29 (Slavica)

I'm hoping for a breakout performance from some unheralded 14 year old Croat
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #65
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Perin G1 (in Umag) is next week

But the highest Croatian girl on the acceptance list is at #29 (Slavica)

I'm hoping for a breakout performance from some unheralded 14 year old Croat
How come Jana Fett doesn't play this? Seems like she played only 1 tournament since her AO final...
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #66
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
How come Jana Fett doesn't play this? Seems like she played only 1 tournament since her AO final...
She might be done with juniors, except for the remaining GS events this year.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #67
country flag networthy

Perin G1 (in Umag) is this week

Here are the Croatian players in the girls MD:

Direct acceptance
235. Lana Slavica
262. Martina Basic
318. Petra Granic

Qualifiers
1157. Adrijana Rajkovic | Only one who qualified out of 11 in the Q draw

Lucky losers
1051. Barbara Rajic

Wild cards
585. Marija Curnic
614. Nina Alibalic
655. Ana Biskic | 14 years old
934. Ena Babic
NR. Nina Besker | 16 years old and unranked. She's all washed up and needs to retire
NR. Anda Karanusic | 13 years old

Last edited by networthy : Mar 26th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #68
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Karanusić is great in younger categories, GL to all our girls

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by vladekCRO : Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #69
country flag networthy

Quote:
Perin G1 (in Umag) is this week

Here are the Croatian players in the girls MD:

Direct acceptance
235. Lana Slavica
262. Martina Basic
318. Petra Granic

Qualifiers
1157. Adrijana Rajkovic

Lucky losers
1051. Barbara Rajic

Wild cards
585. Marija Curnic
614. Nina Alibalic
655. Ana Biskic
934. Ena Babic
NR. Nina Besker
NR. Anda Karanusic

Of the 11 Croats in the girls MD, only 3 made it past R1
They are Slavica, Granic and 14-year-old Biskic (Biskic beat a 17-year-old ranked #163, so that's a very good win for her).

It was even worse in the doubles: only 2 out of 15 made it past R1
Ironically, it was just about the two youngest who made it: Biskic and Karanusic.
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #70
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's realistic though. Great win for Biskic...
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #71
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Karanusić is great in younger categories, GL to all our girls

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Is she connected to Roko?
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #72
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Is she connected to Roko?
Brother and sister

WWW.TKPOMAK.HR

Academy of Goran Ivanisevic, Petra Martic, Antonio Veic, Mario Ancic, Sanja Ancic, Karen Khachanov, Roman Safiullin, Ksenia Laskutova, Ana Savic, Emma Flood, ...
MKhromachev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #73
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKhromachev View Post
Brother and sister
Seriously?! She's 13.and he's, what, 35?
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #74
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Seriously?! She's 13.and he's, what, 35?
Half brother, to be precise same dad, different mom

WWW.TKPOMAK.HR

Academy of Goran Ivanisevic, Petra Martic, Antonio Veic, Mario Ancic, Sanja Ancic, Karen Khachanov, Roman Safiullin, Ksenia Laskutova, Ana Savic, Emma Flood, ...
MKhromachev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 08:26 PM   #75
country flag networthy

Quote:
14-year old Nina Alibalic played her first pro tournament last month ($10K Brcko). She won four matches to reach R2 from qualies, earning her first pro ranking point.

Nina Alibalic picked up her fourth pro ranking point today (previously Brcko last August and Dubrovnik-1 and -2 last October; all $10Ks; 1 pt at each). Today in Sibenik she beat an unranked 20-yo Q.