The Official Married Names Thread - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #766
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official Married Names Thread

Hi Mark-

Also found this-she appears to be a sister of the Agneta mentioned above.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com.../UHP-0355.html

Helen Amy Tabor (daughter of ROBERT STAMMERS TABOR and MARY DOLLMAN) was born 23 December 1863, and died 16 September 1946.

Notes for Helen Amy Tabor:
Funeral of Arthur Sidney Tabor. "The chief mourners were... Mrs Rowe and Miss Amy Tabor (sisters) (The Times, 19 October 1927)

More About Helen Amy Tabor:
Fact 1: Wimbledon Ladies Finalist, 1886.

I'll double check Barrett's this evening to see if he provides initials.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #767
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Barrett simply lists an A Tabor.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #768
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Found birth and death dates for Marion Vanderhoef:

VANDERHOEF, MARION (Marion Wycoff Vanderhoef)
United States
Born 06 December 1894 in New York City, New York.
Died 09 June 1985 in New London, Connecticut.
Married Harry Franklin Morse (born circa 1891), 6 April 1918

Per 1940 census daughters Betty C (bc 1924) and Sally W (bc 1930).

Last edited by Rollo : Sep 6th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #769
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I found Mrs Brame Hillyard. With the initials of B Hillard is it easy to view her as Blanche Hillyard, but this is not the case.

Agnes Florence Richards
United Kingdom
Married Brame Hillyard (1876-1959) 7 Feb 1922 - Harrogate, Christchurch, West Yorkshire.

Her father’s name was Charles Edward Richards
Active on the Riviera in 1922 with her husband. Her husband Brame was the first man to wear shorts at Wimbledon in 1930. Was Brame related to George? I have found no evidence for it so far. It was his second marriage-while Agnes is described as a spinster on the marriage register.

Last edited by Rollo : Sep 13th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #770
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

SCHOMBURGK, TONI (nee Toni Mettenheimer)
Germany
Born 1898
Died 1980
Married to Heinrich Georg Schomburgk (June 30, 1885 – March 29, 1965) in February 1920

She was from Königstein-marrying the well known star Heinrich Schomburgk from Dredsden. The pair were based out of Leipzig until 1949, when the returned to Toni hometown of Königstein, where Toni started a tennis school.

Her name sometimes rendered as Tony, but Toni is more correct.

Heinrich Schomburgk has a photo album currently residing in the Stadtgeschichtliches Museum Leipzig. It’s called Mein Sport und Bild. He won a gold medal in the 1912 Olympic Mixed event with Koring. Toni won the 1922 German mixed event with her husband.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #771
country flag elegos7

elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Barrett simply lists an A Tabor.
Can anyone check in Alan Little's Wimbledon Compendium, whether he lists her as Amy (born in 1963) or Agneta (as Mark suggets)?
It must be in the compilation list of women finalists (there are some additional ladies listed after the semifinalists as well, who reached the final before 1921)
elegos7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #772
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegos7 View Post
Can anyone check in Alan Little's Wimbledon Compendium, whether he lists her as Amy (born in 1963) or Agneta (as Mark suggets)?
It must be in the compilation list of women finalists (there are some additional ladies listed after the semifinalists as well, who reached the final before 1921)
Hi, Karoly,

The source for the information I posted above on Agneta Tabor is Alan Little's "Wimbledon Compendium" (2010 edition). However, a distant relative of the Tabors told me that (Helen) Amy, one of Agneta's sisters, was the one who reached the All-Comers' Final of the singles event at Wimbledon in 1886.

I'm still in the process of trying to verify all of this. Helen Amy was known to family and friends as Amy.

Mark
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #773
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Agneta and (Helen) Amy Tabor were two of the ten surviving children (five boys and five girls) of Robert and Mary Tabor. Robert was for many years headmaster of Cheam School in what is now the London borough of Sutton.

According to the book "Cheam School from 1645", by Edward Peel, "Whether [Robert] Tabor was himself an athlete we do not know, but he certainly had athletic children. Monty and Arthur played cricket for Eton, and Arthur, who was also a runner, a footballer, a fives player and a golfer, opened the batting for Cambridge in three successive years and later played for Middlesex and Surrey. Alfred was in the Harrow XI for both football and cricket, and also played cricket for Middlesex.

"The youngest daughter, Amy, who so narrowly escapted death [from measles, mumps or whooping cough] in 1866, was a ladies' singles finalist at Wimbledon and might have gone on to higher things, but was not allowed to compete a second time because of the undesirable publicity!"
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #774
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Great digging on this Mark. Pity she only competed once.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #775
country flag Vinkje83

Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice

Your entry:

LILIAN KELAIDIS
Switzerland
Born 23 May 196
Died
Married Dreschner

-----------------
First of all: year of birth is 1965.
Name "Dreschner" should be "Drescher".

Most importantly: I am convinced that the names have been switched.
Note that in many European countries (including my own) married name is mentioned first, followed by maiden name.
She played as Drescher from 1980 (age 15! probably not married) until 1987.
I think Kelaidis is her husband's name. Currently she is active for a Swiss business firm called Kamata AG, inscribed in the "Handelsregister" as being from the town of Glyfada (Greece), which is consistent with "Kelaidis" having the look of being a Greek name.

Therefore my guess is:
LILIAN DRESCHER
Switzerland
Born 23 May 1965
Married Kelaidis

Regards, Vinkje83
Vinkje83 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #776
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Therefore my guess is:
LILIAN DRESCHER
Switzerland
Born 23 May 1965
Married Kelaidis

Regards, Vinkje83
Hi Vinkje. You are correct. I will try and track down more tonight when I can get to my tennis annuals.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #777
country flag Vinkje83

Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice Vinkje83 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
w-w-w-w-w

NANCYE MEREDITH WYNNE
Australia
Born 10 June 1917
Died 9 December 2001
Married George Frederick "Peter" Bolton, 6 July 1940; died during World War II
--------------------

Her page at the Tennis Hall of Fame
http://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-fa...cy-wynn-bolton
specifies:
Born 2 December 1916
Died 9 November 2001

In addition I found a document at the Australian Memoirs Foundation:
http://memoirsfoundation.org.au/imag...ok-extract.pdf
also specifying 2 December 1916 as birth date.

Vinkje83

Last edited by Vinkje83 : Sep 17th, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: found additional information
Vinkje83 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #778
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I came up short with Drescher. I can only confirm that she was still single (as Lilian Drescher) in 1987. She dropped off the tour in early 1988.

I found this article while confirming the spelling for Lidy Venneboer. My Dutch is non-existent, but the article seems to suggest that Jansen was just part of her family name and she married a German named Kirsch circa 1971.

Am I correct or off on Lidy?

http://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/ten...uitgehaald.ece
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #779
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Found date of marriage and name of partner for Marijke Jansen.

JANSEN, MARIJKE
Netherlands
Born 12 November 1944
Married Nico Schaar on 24 November 1968
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #780
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

To Rollo and Vinkje:

The mistake about Lilian Drescher married Kelaidis was mine. In the post #285 I have switched the names and badly written Dreschner. I am sorry!!
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread