The Official Married Names Thread - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #256
country flag Olympus

Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice
Re: The Official Married Names Thread

Marie Louise Freiin (Baroness) von (de) Pfeffel
Played at Wimbledon 1904
Born August 15, 1882 Paris, France
Died Carbis Bay, 29 Feb 1944
Married Stanley Williams
Great-Grandmother of Mayor of London Boris Johnson
http://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyo...did-it_2.shtml
http://www.birdchildsandgoldsmith.co...Borisfinal.pdf

Her sister Yvonne;
Born Paris 30 July 1883
Died Truro 1958
Unmarried

Last edited by Olympus : Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Olympus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #257
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

H Foster=Helen Foster, who later wed WJ Dyson.

AM Knapp= Mary Knapp. She was single playing Wimbledon in 1933, and Mrs RA Chamberlain by Wimbledon 1934.

E Morle=Eileen Morle. Single in 1926. later Mrs Jordan.

DA Shaw=Dorothy Shaw. Single at Wimbledon 1928. By Wimbledon 1929 she is Mrs CH Jameson.

Naomi Trentham was single at Wimbledon in 1933.

Now for problems and questions:

Miss MM Pearson to Mrs MM Moss presents an interesting case. I have a Mrs Madie Moss who=Mrs EO Moss. Could this be the same person? It's possible IMO, with "MM" in MM Moss matching the MM in Pearson. The EO Moss could merely be her husband's iniatials.

ME Rudd=Edie Rudd. Could this be equal to or a relative of EWA Rudd, later Mrs ATP Luxton?

I have a Mrs HA Lewis in the 1932 Wimbledon draw. This is likely our Mrs H Lewis, nee GN Thompson.

And questions:

Is the BH Reid-Thomas (later Mrs RS Wade) related to Joan Reid-Thomas?

Olympus---Could Janice Ffloyd Harry be related to Gethyn Harry?

Last edited by Rollo : Mar 9th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #258
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

I have the following note on Miss Lawson:

LAWSON, J
United Kingdom
Married EE Walker in 1932

Lowe’s ranked her #27 in the UK in 1932. Lowe’s Almanack of 1933 calls her “The Yorkshire champion”, suggesting she came from that part of England.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #259
country flag Olympus

Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice Olympus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
And questions:

Is the BH Reid-Thomas (later Mrs RS Wade) related to Joan Reid-Thomas?

Olympus---Could Janice Ffloyd Harry be related to Gethyn Harry?
Gethyn Wareham Harry
Born 15 Dec 1908 Evesham
Died Apr 1996 Cornwall
Married Brown
I think Janice and Gethyn must be sisters.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #260
country flag Olympus

According to this
http://seggeryft.users.btopenworld.com/PAB/F48.htm
Edith Joan REID-THOMAS and Betty Hope REID-THOMAS were sisters and daughters to Wimbledon semi-finalist Maud Shackle.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #261
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Excluding the problematic players referred to in section, all of the new information contained in sections 242 to 257 has been added to the main pages. Thanks to Rollo and Olympus.
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Mar 9th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #262
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
According to this
http://seggeryft.users.btopenworld.com/PAB/F48.htm
Edith Joan REID-THOMAS and Betty Hope REID-THOMAS were sisters and daughters to Wimbledon semi-finalist Maud Shackle.
Yes, they are sisters, and the daughters of Maud Shackle. Joan was the better player of the two sisters.
--

I knew about Marie-Louise de Pfeffel being the great-grandmother of Boris Johnson. It still wouldn't make me vote for him.
-----
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #263
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
the great-grandmother of Boris Johnson. It still wouldn't make me vote for him.
-----
Do Irish-folk get to vote on London's Lord Mayor?
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #264
country flag newmark401

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
Yes, anyone from the island of Irealnd can vote in any UK election if they live in the UK.
-----
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #265
country flag Olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
As long as you live here permanently, any European Union or Commonwealth citizen can vote in any UK election - even Australians
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #266
country flag newmark401

Quote:
As long as you live here permanently, any European Union or Commonwealth citizen can vote in any UK election - even Australians
From aboutmyvote.co.uk: "Citizens of the European Union (who are not Commonwealth citizens or Citizens of the Republic of Ireland) can vote in European and local elections in the UK, but are not able to vote in UK Parliamentary general elections or referendums."
-----
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #267
country flag newmark401

A note on the player known as Mrs C.B. Weir, who won the singles title at the Les Avants tournament in Switzerland in the early 1900s, and played some mixed doubles with her husband, C.B. Weir.

Her full maiden name was Helen Elizabeth Ford; she was a native of Enfield in Middlesex. She married Clement Burnett Weir (1871-1934) on 8 August 1900 in Saint Andrew's Church in Enfield. He was also a native of Enfield. By profession he was a solicitor. He is the "C.B. Weir" who was runner-up to Reggie Doherty at the South of France Championships in 1900.
-----
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #268
country flag Olympus

If anyone can help - there are some players for whom I've searched for information without success.
Hilda Wallis, the Irish (Dublin?) player from the twenties and a trio from Belgium also from the same period, Marie Storms, Marie Jones & Fernande Arendt.
If anyone has dates/places of birth and any married names?
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #269
country flag newmark401

Quote:
If anyone can help - there are some players for whom I've searched for information without success.
Hilda Wallis, the Irish (Dublin?) player from the twenties and a trio from Belgium also from the same period, Marie Storms, Marie Jones & Fernande Arendt.
If anyone has dates/places of birth and any married names?
In the 1911 Census of Ireland, a 10-year-old Hilda Wallis is boarding at a school in Bray, County Wicklow, just over the border from south county Dublin. This would mean she was born in 1901. A boarding school education would fit with a future tennis player too.

According to the census return, she was born in County Dublin. She was probably from south county Dublin, somewhere like Blackrock, Dalkey or Dun Leary, all quite "posh" areas along the east coast.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.i...hildrenLiving=

Mark
-----
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #270
country flag Olympus

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/i...nniskerry2.txt
I had a suspicion she may have the person listed at no.254 on this page - but with no proof of this at all.
Closed Thread