Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #1351
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Dosen't Copenhagen start on Monday? If so she will have to be there on Sunday, Saturday maybe...

Unnecessary air miles again
Rory is playing the masters which is a major in golf. Tournament ends on Sunday. Even if she'll just spend the first one or two days there, I doubt if she'll do much training while she's there when her guy is busy playing one of - if not THE most important tournament in golf. So yeah, if this is the case it doesn't seem ideal to me. Especially not now that she's come out of the Miami tournament with something positive to build on. If she'd be able to win Copenhagen to follow up on that it would obviously be very good for her.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #1352
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
She was the biggest disappointment, of course. Because of her Kvitova was not a no.1 last year like they wished for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Calling Caroline the biggest disappointment of 2011 is far from fair. She won the most matches & as many titles as anyone.
I wish her 1st few months of 2012 were like 2011

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...15497&zoneid=9
I don't know guys, let's try to be objective here. Caroline was ranked number one for the whole of 2011 except for a single week yet not only did she fail to win a slam she failed to even make a slam final. There is no precedent in the WTA for a player to be number one for that long and have such underwhelming results in the biggest tournaments. If it was anyone other than Caroline would you be as forgiving?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1353
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Rory is playing the masters which is a major in golf. Tournament ends on Sunday. Even if she'll just spend the first one or two days there, I doubt if she'll do much training while she's there when her guy is busy playing one of - if not THE most important tournament in golf. So yeah, if this is the case it doesn't seem ideal to me. Especially not now that she's come out of the Miami tournament with something positive to build on. If she'd be able to win Copenhagen to follow up on that it would obviously be very good for her.
I hope that she is not taking success in Copenhagen as a given. The field is a bit tougher this year and Caroline may still be in a bit of a funk, if she is going to win she is going to have to go in fully prepared and focused.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1354
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Caro and Malou will play doubles on monday...
Yep. I'll be there
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #1355
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I hope that she is not taking success in Copenhagen as a given. The field is a bit tougher this year and Caroline may still be in a bit of a funk, if she is going to win she is going to have to go in fully prepared and focused.
Yes, and it's important to win this one because New Haven was the last event she's won. That's a long time for her. And with the clay and grasscourt seasons coming up next it will take awhile before she'll get the chance to compete again on her favorite surface.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #1356
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot find the "Oxygen" song anywhere, apparently they've taken down the video
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1357
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lang26 View Post
Tignor, Cronin, Rothenberg & Bodo They all said mean thing about Caro but THey also said Good thing as well.
They are not as negative now because she's fallen of the no.1 which is what they were hoping for. It's nothing to do with them being objective IMO.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1358
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
My guess if she's back in USA she will stay and follow the golf Masters Thursday and Friday and so fly back to DEN.
that's a crazy schedule

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1359
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

"Calling Caroline the biggest disappointment of 2011 is far from fair. She won the most matches & as many titles as anyone.
I wish her 1st few months of 2012 were like 2011"

It also means that they had high expectations for her, and she didn't fulfill them. Glass half full, glass half empty. Then there are trolls who say the glass is a dragon.
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1360
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't know guys, let's try to be objective here. ..?
Caroline won more matches than anyone all year and as many titles.
Calling her the biggest disappointment is an absolute insult.
The reason she was #1 is that she played 19 tournaments with 9 titles, 12 finals and 15 semis.
That is tremendously consistent at a very high level.
The other part is that the 4 slam winners either were injured or played awful for several months of the year.
Is Caroline supposed to lose on purpose so a player who won a slam and then played awful for months can take #1?
Its crazy and insulting.
Caroline isnt playing like that for months, which is why she's #6.

I think she's more disappointing this year than last year.
But there's still time left if she can play better and more consistent tennis
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1361
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
that's a crazy schedule
It was posted in GM, she will be caddy today in USA, but on her Twitter she said she will not be caddy tonight, so ithink now she stays in Europe... as it was reported she was in Poland yesterday...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1362
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that she's going to caddy. Is that for real? Whats really going on?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1363
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Read her Twitter, even it in danish

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1364
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

but that "tonight" seems to mean, not tonight, tomorrow hopefully she proves me wrong

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1365
country flag manixdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline won more matches than anyone all year and as many titles.

I think she's more disappointing this year than last year.
But there's still time left if she can play better and more consistent tennis
Absolutely. I really thought that after the way she played against Kvita at Hopman, and then the first rounds of the AO, that she'd found a rhythm. But she froze in the headlights against Kimmum, not knowing exactly how she should play: like she had the first rounds, defending aggressively and going for her shots, brushing JJ and Nickle&dimescu aside, or like Ricardo wanted her (surprisingly, but it's how Ekstra Bladet quoted him), just be the regular grinding Caro.

It's not easy changing/improving/adjusting your game with a million eyes watching and a gazillion points to lose. I would liken it to changing your wardrobe in public.

I remember when I was playing lacrosse, just working on fast breaks using a bench switch took ½ a year before we started using it in games. When Rafa won the USO serving bombs, reporters asked him how long he'd been working on that serve, and he answered "all my life!.

Patience, gals and guys.

And I'm really looking forward to Copenhagen. I "discovered" Mona Barthel there.
Closed Thread