Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #121
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
What makes me think this has bugger all to do with tennis distractions? hmm I wonder...
The negative effect he's having on her career is what puts me off the most. If she would be doing great I wouldn't be giving two shits about this stuff.... but seeing that she wastes so many opportunities for that makes it extra bitter, yes.

It's telling how you still refuse to address any of my points, instead you keep trying to undermine me... not very classy, I have to say. Plus, some of these things are clearly said tongue in cheek so using that to discredit me is...yeah well, not classy like I said.

backhandsmash, no that's not what I said or meant. All I said is that none of the other top players in her age group seem to focus that much on their private life or can you name any of the other top players that do?

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #122
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, it's something that can't be proven one way or the other no matter what her results are in her next four hardcourt tournaments. But regardless of whether I agree with it or not, I don't object to people making the argument that her tennis suffers because of this relationship. It's all just speculation, but so is my opinion that it probably has nothing to do with it. Suggestions that they should break up "because he's ugly" I find rather lame though, but I'm sure that others find some of my remarks or opinions rather lame too, so...
Sure, nothing can be proven regardless of what her results in those tournaments are but if Doha/Dubai/Indian Wells/Miami turn out similar to Toronto/Cincinnati/Tokyo/Beijing I will be pushing the panic button and pushing it mighty hard.

I guess I am kind of in the middle. I don't necessarily think that Rory is to blame but something appears to be off. That is why I am anxious to see how she will do in February/March. If she struggles on her best surface things could get really bad when she moves to clay/grass.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #123
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmie, DIAH, breathe, the both of you!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #124
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post

backhandsmash, no that's not what I said or meant. All I said is that none of the other top players in her age group seem to focus that much on their private life or can you name any of the other top players that do?
You so want me to say Ivanovic, don't you?

Look, I know they haven't exactly been superprivate since news broke, but it must be hard to avoid attention being #1 in tennis and #2 in golf and you are dating. Especially if that #2 is pretty much expected to be the next Tiger Woods or something.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #125
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, I don't accuse her of looking for attention or anything. Your point actually somewhat adds to mine... the amount of distraction that comes with this simply has to take a hit on her performance.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #126

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

We will see. But it's not like she has not had any distractions before. The whole #1 thing you know.

I feel sometimes it's like she's thinking "I have gone far enough in this tournament, so fuck it", or something. It's like the motivation just evaporates at some point. Because when she's super focused, she's lethal. But that only lasts for a set and a half these days, unfortunately.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #127
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
We will see. But it's not like she has not had any distractions before. The whole #1 thing you know.

I feel sometimes it's like she's thinking "I have gone far enough in this tournament, so fuck it", or something. It's like the motivation just evaporates at some point. Because when she's super focused, she's lethal. But that only lasts for a set and a half these days, unfortunately.
It seems like it has been an extremely long time since we have seen a super focused Caroline. Even in early 2011 when she was winning or making finals at many tournaments her matches were often longer than they should have been, the Indian Wells final being an example. She can still breeze through the early rounds (particularly at the slams) but when she faces a challenge she can look awfully scattered.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #128

It's like had she not been afraid of beating Serena and Kim, she would have won one of those matches. Kim in that QF was not gonna win a 3rd set, but Woz, deliberately or not, missed that fact.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #129
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
It's like had she not been afraid of beating Serena and Kim, she would have won one of those matches. Kim in that QF was not gonna win a 3rd set, but Woz, deliberately or not, missed that fact.
There are clearly parts of her game that don't function when she gets tight... Either she works on versions that do, or she develops a way of not getting tight... That is pretty much the state of the WTA though? On a positive note, she did show signs of doing just that vs Kim but fell a few points short. Had sets one and two been reversed, or she had just hung in there, who knows what would have happened. No doubt Rory has some tips to share about such situations.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #130
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really a fan of Caroline but I do admire her consistency and she's BFF with Ree so i don't like to see her suffer too much. Rory isn't the cause of her issues right now; it's probably a combination: loss of concentration, adding new things to her game, changing coaches etc. If anything Rory is probably the one person who is relaxing her and get her mind off tennis for awhile. She's the one who has to do the right things on court, not him. Regaurdless, I think she is going to do great in Doha/Dubai as usual. Just my two cents.
sweetadri06 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #131
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I'm not really a fan of Caroline but I do admire her consistency and she's BFF with Ree so i don't like to see her suffer too much. Rory isn't the cause of her issues right now; it's probably a combination: loss of concentration, adding new things to her game, changing coaches etc. If anything Rory is probably the one person who is relaxing her and get her mind off tennis for awhile. She's the one who has to do the right things on court, not him. Regaurdless, I think she is going to do great in Doha/Dubai as usual. Just my two cents.
I agree with your comment about Rory. I think it's mostly the pressure that's getting to her when things get tight. She's been having quite a few matches where she struggles to close it out recently. That's why I don't think that Rory has anything to do with her, well, you can't call it a slump - but let's just say somewhat disappointing results as of late. I doubt that when she serves at 5-4 she all of a sudden starts to think, "I wonder what Rory is doing right now." She just tightens up when the finishing line is in sight. The coaching thing plus all the "slamless number one" talk is probably a contributing factor as well. It all adds to the pressure she must feel.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #132
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago,I overreacted when an ex-fave clung to a slimy bf...part of my concern was that I falsely viewed her as a sweet young gal with decent character who'd been mesmerized by a deceitful,much-older man.However,my much BIGGER mistake was my attitude towards the whole situation.Though I personally don't think that Rory bears any significant burden of blame for Caro's current ranking drop--and perhaps he deserves NONE(God only knows)--what dawned on me is that the bf is never the disease itself...he's only a SYMPTOM of the disease.

To wit,if you completely,physically separated an alcoholic from the liquor of his choice by locking him in a room,it would BY NO MEANS render him a healthy person,mentally.The alcohol consumption is merely a crutch for him to deal with his psychological demons;if he couldn't indulge in alcohol,he'd find another crutch to lean on.In that vein,Stepanek--shitbag that he might be--didn't hold a gun to Vaidisova's head and tell her to flush her career down the toilet to become a pathetic,laughable armpiece.That's an extreme example--Caro's NOTHING like that other gal,and we've seen her bf ardently support her on-court endeavors.The principle is the same,though: If a tennis player DOES use a bf/gf as an excuse to neglect a promising career--and I'm NOT saying that Caro is necessarily doing that--then his/her heart just isn't fully committed to that career,and he/she doesn't DESERVE to succeed until if/when he/she IS truly committed.If you somehow removed the bf,another distraction would find a niche and take his place.Ultimately,it's up to the individual to be sufficiently focused to maintain a balanced existence

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #133
country flag PushWoz

PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of

We need to talk about something else other than Rory
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #134
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,Caro will solve that issue for everyone when she plays another tourney....that kind of posting is EXTREMELY common during a lull period

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #135
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think that having a life outside of a tennis world is very important. If the only purpose in ones life was just to work,work,work it would be a bit sad. Sometimes it's difficult to find a good work-life balance but with a bit of effort you can make it work. They are both professional athletes so they probably know what they're doing. However, I think it's normal that she has ups and downs. She's just a human as the rest of us
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread