Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #106
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But how can you be sure that it's a mistake? His results in golf haven't suffered because of the relationship, so how can you be sure that hers have suffered because of it?
Because it's obvious, isn't it? You can pin-point the day her 2011 turned to shits to the day she met him. Can you honestly believe that's coincidence?

People deal with distractions in a different way, he just seems to be able to zone it out better. Women tend to be more emotional about this kind of stuff so I can very well see how this is a bigger distraction for her than it is for him.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #107
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Because it's obvious, isn't it? You can pin-point the day her 2011 turned to shits to the day she met him. Can you honestly believe that's coincidence?

People deal with distractions in a different way, he just seems to be able to zone it out better. Women tend to be more emotional about this kind of stuff so I can very well see how this is a bigger distraction for her than it is for him.
Well, even if you're right, she then would have had the same problem if she was in a relationship with someone else.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #108
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

True, that's why the whole relationship thing shouldn't be high on her priorities list for the few years she has in her career. In 6-7 years she can spend all her days chasing guys and nobody will mind. I bet it's more fun with a few slam trophies at home...

And I don't think it's asking too much, it seems to be what the other girls do. None of the other top players seem to be that focused on their love live than Caro is right now...again, I refuse to believe that that's a coincidence.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #109
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have discussed this to a conclusion before, as well you know, and true or false, it's not valid commentary, especially the offensive outbursts.

Don't take this personally, because the same would apply to anyone of a similar mind set, but frankly, I think you need to take a long think about a break from the sport if your unable to accept the situation and embrace it, because it sounds increasingly like you're overstepping the bounds of reasonable attachment when you start to believe that you have any right what so ever to publicly scrutinise and criticise her private relationships and choices in a public forum. This is especially true when nothing points to the fact that he is anything but supportive and caring towards her. You are at best an uninvited observer of what is her career, her choice and her life. Further, your posting reflects upon the rest of her fans here, and that is not something that is acceptable.

In short please refrain from commentary about Rory and Caroline's personal life choices (both in this section and GM). If you are unable to understand why it's not acceptable behaviour then perhaps consider seeking professional advice with the issue.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #110
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post

In short please refrain from commentary about Rory and Caroline's personal life choices (both in this section and GM).
Err...no, sorry. I said it before, my opinion is as valid as yours or anybody else's.

The idea that I somehow don't have the right talking about this is ridiculous as well. We discuss her coaching in here all the time even though we're "uninvited observers" as you call it... people discuss politics/economics etc. while being "uninvited observers".... I know you want to numb out any kind of criticism in here (the same applies to discussions about Piotr) but it doesn't fly with me. You don't have the right to censor other users.. sorry.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #111
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Err...no, sorry. I said it before, my opinion is as valid as yours or anybody else's.

The idea that I somehow don't have the right talking about this is ridiculous as well. We discuss her coaching in here all the time even though we're "uninvited observers" as you call it... people discuss politics/economics etc. while being "uninvited observers".... I know you want to numb out any kind of criticism in here (the same applies to discussions about Piotr) but it doesn't fly with me. You don't have the right to censor other users.. sorry.
Numbing out criticism has nothing to do with it. This is a tennis thread, not a console Jimmie48 and his issues with Rory thread. You have already revealed the reason behind the animosity toward Rory, and your attempts at what you deem reasoned explanation aren't going to conceal that reality. It's boring, it's irrelevant, and this isn't the thread or place to discuss the issue. Continued derailing of the thread with your ranting about your issues with (don't delude your self that your points are anything but) her life choices. It's insulting to rational posters, fans, and Caroline herself.

I'm not censoring you Jimmie48, I'm asking you to refrain from what is repeated irrational irrelevance and invasion of her privacy and choices. You can choose to ignore me, and I can choose seek enforcement. I don't want to do that, I'd rather you grew up and respected and accepted reality, and if you are not able to do that, then maybe it's time to move on? You made your case a long time ago. Nothing has changed since then, and spewing more venom isn't going to change that.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #112
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Numbing out criticism has nothing to do with it. This is a tennis thread, not a console Jimmie48 and his issues with Rory thread. You have already revealed the reason behind the animosity toward Rory, and your attempts at what you deem reasoned explanation aren't going to conceal that reality. It's boring, it's irrelevant, and this isn't the thread or place to discuss the issue. Continued derailing of the thread with your ranting about your issues with (don't delude your self that your points are anything but) her life choices. It's insulting to rational posters, fans, and Caroline herself.
The why are we discussing his golf results in here?

My points are very much focused on tennis and the effect this thing has on her career, it's a tennis discussion and a few members obviously were interested in discussing it before you came down in your usual attempt to silence discussions you don't like.

It's the same with discussions about Piotr, you don't like it so you deliberately derail the discussions by claiming that it holds no merit, this isn't the place/time to discuss it etc. How about just staying out of it if you can't stomach anything that gets remotely close to criticizing her choices. You're not just doing that to me either, so I don't feel personally offended. You have to learn and accept that people want to discuss certain things that you consider to be boring or irrelevant.. just stay out of it then.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #113
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to agree with Jimmie48 that it does appear that since she got together with Rory that her results have suffered but I also think that we need a bigger sample size to draw any firm conclusions. The other side of the argument would be that she wasn't exactly playing great after Indian Wells, before she had even met Rory. I think we should wait until after the next four hardcourt tournaments before condemning him. Maybe she is/was in a slump that would have been unavoidable?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #114
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I tend to agree with Jimmie48 that it does appear that since she got together with Rory that her results have suffered but I also think that we need a bigger sample size to draw any firm conclusions. The other side of the argument would be that she wasn't exactly playing great after Indian Wells, before she had even met Rory. I think we should wait until after the next four hardcourt tournaments before condemning him. Maybe she is/was in a slump that would have been unavoidable?
Maybe, I still think she was decent until Wimbledon. Aside from the disastrous RG she played a very solid clay season where she looked stable for the most part (losing to Görges on clay isn't anything to be ashamed about and neither is losing to Sharapova in the SF) and her Wimbledon was as good or bad as it was in 2010.

It wasn't until the summer that she started having really terrible results. Two R1 loses in a row during the USO series, can anybody even remember the last time she played this bad before that? It all happened within a few weeks and she never really recovered from it to this very day, some aspects are actually still getting worse (especially everything that's mental-related).

So like I said, I think that her losing focus because of this distraction plays a part in this. It's most likely not the single reason (nothing's ever is in life) but it plays a huge part. It's very hard to judge because she just isn't as good on clay and grass but the only disappointing HC result she had before the summer was losing to Petkovic in Miami. And she didn't play nearly as badly there as she often does these days... something drastically escalated her problems during the summer for her hardcourt performance to take such a big hit and I can only come to the same conclusion every time. The problems that were starting to surface back then would have required more focus and more commitment, not less... it really happened at the worst possible of times from a career point of view.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #115
country flag Burisleif

Quote:

Quote:
Because they simply don't make a good looking couple? And that's certainly not her fault...
Frustrating, she could do so much better.
Quote:
No, not really. Props to Rory for getting into the picture with all these guys in their uniform...made him look even more like a twerp than usual.

Why can't she date a proper guy who plays a proper sport?
Quote:
Indeed... they [Frederik Nielsen] would make a proper couple. Go for it girl
Quote:
But no, I agree... being a guy I usually don't care about how other dudes looks but even to me it is obvious that he is fugly.
What makes me think this has bugger all to do with tennis distractions? hmm I wonder...
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #116
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it's something that can't be proven one way or the other no matter what her results are in her next four hardcourt tournaments. But regardless of whether I agree with it or not, I don't object to people making the argument that her tennis suffers because of this relationship. It's all just speculation, but so is my opinion that it probably has nothing to do with it. Suggestions that they should break up "because he's ugly" I find rather lame though, but I'm sure that others find some of my remarks or opinions rather lame too, so...

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #117
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, that's why the whole relationship thing shouldn't be high on her priorities list for the few years she has in her career. In 6-7 years she can spend all her days chasing guys and nobody will mind. I bet it's more fun with a few slam trophies at home...

And I don't think it's asking too much, it seems to be what the other girls do. None of the other top players seem to be that focused on their love live than Caro is right now...again, I refuse to believe that that's a coincidence.
I'm sorry, Jimmie, but you are just talking out of your arse right now. Women can't deal with it, but with men, it's no problem?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #118
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, it's something that can't be proven one way or the other no matter what her results are in her next four hardcourt tournaments. But regardless of whether I agree with it or not, I don't object to people making the argument that her tennis suffers because of this relationship. It's all just speculation, but so is my opinion that it probably has nothing to do with it. Suggestions that they should break up "because he's ugly" I find rather lame though, but I'm sure that others find some of my remarks or opinions rather lame too, so...
Quite, and failing to address the numerous issues with form, injury, coaching direction, training partners, equipment, failure to reach goals, media pressure, big match pressure etc. etc.

Quite frankly if she wanted to shag every player on tour, or become a nun with the pledge of celibacy, both would bring issues of focus, and even Jimmie48 being in her arms wouldn't solve her tennis game, but perhaps change his objections to the idea of relationships being allowed for Caroline... It would still be none of our business however.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #119
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
I'm sorry, Jimmie, but you are just talking out of your arse right now. Women can't deal with it, but with men, it's no problem?
Well, the guys often take their girlfriend or wife on the road with them, so they don't even have to deal with it.

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #120
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God what kind of a hot mess discussion did I run into?

Look, I don't think Rory has anything to do with Caro's minislump. I say minislump in that while she hasn't won a huge title in six months, she hasn't been crashing out of the first or second rounds either.

And after watching stupid Patriot fans try to blame their Superbowl loss on Gisele, I'm a bit sore on this subject. And I'm a Patriots fan myself. Rory can't help or hurt Caroline's tennis IMO. She has to solve her issues herself with her team. He can provide emotional support since I don't think he is trying to ruin her career, but that's it. She has to execute whatever gameplan she and her camp comes up with.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread