Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #781
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I feel like I've been kicked square in the balls.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #782
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

TennisReporters
Wozniacki on verge of tears entire presser. Says its hard not to be able to play at level she knows she has. Couldnt push herself forward

BenRothenberg
Caroline Wozniacki on past glories: "sometimes you take it for granted when you're winning." #bnppo12

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #783
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
TennisReporters
Wozniacki on verge of tears entire presser. Says its hard not to be able to play at level she knows she has. Couldnt push herself forward

BenRothenberg
Caroline Wozniacki on past glories: "sometimes you take it for granted when you're winning." #bnppo12

when is the last time caro only got 5 games in a match...

Last edited by jasminefu623 : Mar 14th, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #784
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Carowozniacki
Not my day today, lost to Ivanovic.. Thankfully in tennis there is always a next week!

well.....
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #785
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is worst loss in a while. Match points vs Safarova, I could blame on her relationship.
Goerges, well she lost to her twice last year.
But this wasnt even close, after just getting past Sofia

This really is a Jankovic situation. Going from #1 without a slam to just a player on the tour.

Now as she falls out of the top 5, and Serena & Kim come back, her draws get tougher, and this level of tennis wont get a lot of points.

So lets see how she handles it.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #786
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post

when is the last time caro only got 5 games in a match...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
Carowozniacki
Not my day today, lost to Ivanovic.. Thankfully in tennis there is always a next week!

well.....
Caro won only 4 games against Hantuchova at the French Open last year.

What a flippant, dismissive attitude. It sure is no big deal to lose early in a big tournament like Indian Wells particularly when you're the defending champion.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #787
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't mean it...

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #788
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match but from the live scoring thread it seemed like she just didn't care, that there was no fight or desire to win. Is that accurate? I think one of her problems is that she just hasn't looked like she has wanted to be on a tennis court for a long time now. A year to a year and a half ago there was a light in her eyes and a real desire to win. Even when she was down and things looked bad she never looked beat and focused on getting back into matches. I haven't seen that from her in a long time. Now when things go badly and she is playing poorly she just looks lost. And helpless.

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #789
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I didn't see the match but from the live scoring thread it seemed like she just didn't care, that there was no fight or desire to win. Is that accurate?
Absolutely, she just let Ivanovic kick her around.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #790
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She doesn't mean it...
Well then don't say it. Unlike a press conference there's no obligation/requirement to tweet after a match. We've seen her go awhile without tweeting after she's lost matches in the past.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #791
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Well then don't say it. Unlike a press conference there's no obligation/requirement to tweet after a match. We've seen her go awhile without tweeting after she's lost matches in the past.
Well, I guess she feels obliged. Sabine Lisicki often completely disappears from Twitter for weeks after tough losses and it does enrage some of her fans. I guess Caro feels that leaving a PR speak tweet is better than nothing.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #792
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure she wants to win. She could have lost to Sofia at 36 45, but fought back.

Easy to blame coaches, Rory, but she is on court alone and has to figure out what's going wrong.

Crazy thing is she just beat Ana, only a few wins outside majors and New Haven her last 14 tournaments

This year she won 3 matches outside the AO before this tournament, won only 2 matches here.

This is a long term pattern now. Only 3 semis & 1 final since Copenhagen in June

Won 1 match the last 4 Premier 5's and in the last 4 mandatories lost to petkovic, Goerges, Pennetta, Ivanovic.

A consistent, but not good, level of results
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #793
SoClose

SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute

I feel very sorry for Caroline . I hope she recovers quickly from this loss and pick her form up for Miami ! Do ur best in Miami , Caro

I also like/support - M.Sharapova,M.Keys,E.Bouchard and B.Mattek S.
My twitter @ 0Simeonn .Fllow me.I follow back
SoClose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #794
country flag DownInAHole

OK, so does anyone see any reason that we should be optimistic about the immediate future? With the clay season approaching there is the unpredictable slam coming up. It seems extremely unlikely but maybe Caroline's game will click on clay and she will win in Roland Garros? Na Li was playing poorly this time last year and she managed to win it. No one thought that Schiavone in 2010 or Kuznetsova in 2009 was going to win it. At the very least Caroline could have a chance at the quarters/semis. I just hope that her schedule remains as is and that she doesn't find other tournaments to play. Last year she had to be feeling exhausted by the time she got to Roland Garros.

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #795
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
OK, so does anyone see any reason that we should be optimistic about the immediate future? With the clay season approaching there is the unpredictable slam coming up. It seems extremely unlikely but maybe Caroline's game will click on clay and she will win in Roland Garros? Na Li was playing poorly this time last year and she managed to win it. No one thought that Schiavone in 2010 or Kuznetsova in 2009 was going to win it. At the very least Caroline could have a chance at the quarters/semis. I just hope that her schedule remains as is and that she doesn't find other tournaments to play. Last year she had to be feeling exhausted by the time she got to Roland Garros.
It all depends on the mindset. If she shows up like she did today she won't win anything, the surface doesn't matter. You don't even win a Premier 5 playing like this, let alone a slam.

Until she truly starts caring again things won't get better.

My Tennis Photo Database
Closed Thread