Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #61
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
he is 100% not a Woz fan. Just another agent provocateur with a liking for Petra, a love for a certain retired player, and an obsession with playing on clay courts.

Who could it be I wonder
Yep - he's a troll. Check out this guy's earlier posts to see how he really feels about Caroline.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #62
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't get any of this. Didn't these people talk with each other before they decided to work together?
Here's what Sanchez said:

“I was told that I would be free to coach her as I wished, and then I was given very little margin to do so,” Sanchez said. “In just five weeks I went from being a coach to being just a consultant.

“Her father put together his own training system, and I was pushed into the background.”

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...ki-formercoach

What I'm wondering about is why the change in Sanchez's freedom to coach. Perhaps it was a lot easier for Piotr to give up control when it was a pretty abstract thing.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #63
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I wonder why so few considered the possibility that the fault could be really in Sanchez even though Caro herself said that she felt he brought nothing new to the table.

I am no tennis expert but from a few quotes from him I gained an impression that he came up with the usual ideas her detractors have about her game. In short: you must be more aggressive.
But I think that if you look at Caroline's career it shows the opposite. She achieved her success playing the opposite way based on patience and moving the opponent around the court rather than trying to attack. I think that a style that is natural for her and to change all that now when she's 21 was just a silly idea. Who knows, maybe when she heard him talking she thought 'oh no, that's what I have heard thousand times and now I even have to pay for it'

I think she was looking for someone who would help her to develop HER style not to force her play the way that they think is right without considering what suits her. That idea with hitting forehand instead of a backhand or being happy that she injured her wrist since she'd be forced to do forehands summed it up for me. I had a gut feeling that this wouldn't last long.

I think she'll not hire a coach for a long time from now on. Let's see what she and Piotr can do. Maybe this will work out best for them.
Early in her career (through her 1st couple of years on the senior level) she wasn't as defensive. So it shouldn't be a completely foreign way to play.

I don't think Sanchez was actually happy that she was injured. It did present an opportunity to work more on her forehand though. It's sort of like how she was sick in Doha last year and had to play pretty aggressively against Flavia (even more agressively than her typical level of more aggressive play).

Caro started to win the premier 5s/premier mandatories when she got more aggressive and improved her serving. Her forehand was also a solid to good shot.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 9th, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #64
country flag Protoss

So why is Caro in Dubai? Shouldn't she be in Doha getting used to conditions there? It is her next tournament afterall not Dubai.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 9th, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #65
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So why is Caro in Dubai? Shouldn't she be in Doha getting used to conditions there? It is her next tournament afterall not Dubai.
Thats like saying why is she in New York when the tournament is in New Jersey.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #66
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Burisleif is right,Protoss;the United Arab Emirates and Qatar border on each other,so it's not as if Caroline had to travel any huge distance from one to the other

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #67
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Burisleif is right,Protoss;the United Arab Emirates and Qatar border on each other,so it's not as if Caroline had to travel any huge distance from one to the other
Weather conditions can vary even with moderate distances in between. Also the courts and balls can play differently. I believe that Dubai plays a lot faster than Doha, so I'd rather see Caro get used to things in Doha as that's her next tournament.

Does that make sense?
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #68
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here's what Sanchez said:

“I was told that I would be free to coach her as I wished, and then I was given very little margin to do so,” Sanchez said. “In just five weeks I went from being a coach to being just a consultant.

“Her father put together his own training system, and I was pushed into the background.”

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/ne...ki-formercoach

What I'm wondering about is why the change in Sanchez's freedom to coach. Perhaps it was a lot easier for Piotr to give up control when it was a pretty abstract thing.
That's from 2nd Feb, Caro gave her reply in the TV2 article I linked to in AaI Thread Post 1476 dated 2hrs later?

Basically, She states (words to the effect of) that they wanted to see at the start of the season and through the AO if he could bring some impetus and ideas to her game. She goes on to say he didn't, and that she already knew what needs to be improved with her game etc.

You can subjectively surmise many things, but one of those could be that it just wasn't working so there was no point to keeping to his new training methods?

Did her wrist injury occur before the 2nd December hiring or was it perhaps inflicted during a new training system?

Too many questions without answers, and it's likely to stay that way.

She has a new temp assistant / hitting partner now?

It's so 2011
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #69
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Weather conditions can vary even with moderate distances in between. Also the courts and balls can play differently. I believe that Dubai plays a lot faster than Doha, so I'd rather see Caro get used to things in Doha as that's her next tournament.

Does that make sense?
The Weather is hot coastal desert at both locations (probably more variation with time than location). The wind conditions might be slightly different thats all (agin probably due to weather at the time) however, it's reported 0m/s both locations with similar temps. Caro knows the courts pretty well, and are we sure she hasn't popped across to check out the courts (if they are even different)? I'm not sure if moving between the venues is of enough of a benefit over having a stable base in the region for the duration?

I assume they have it covered...
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #70
country flag Protoss

Hopefully Caro continues to work on her 1-handed volley and slice even though Sanchez isn't her coach anymore.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #71
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Does that make sense?
No,it sounds more like you just didn't know where they were on the map...and now you're concocting an excuse to hide the fact that you spoke in ignorance.It just so happens that I know an Emirati woman,a dear friend,who has family in Qatar,also.As Burisleif mentioned,the weather differences are usually NOT that significant...so there aren't going to be any serious adjustments for Caroline barring a major climatological fluke

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #72
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova and Kvitova aren't playing Doha. According to the tournament website Vika will be playing, but she skipped Fed Cup and some of her fans are talking about her maybe skipping Doha, too. Will Caro be the #1 seed again or #2 seed for the first time since August 2010?
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #73
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So why is Caro in Dubai?

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #74
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
According to the article about the joint Caroline, Rory Omega Photo shoot, it took place in Dubai ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #75
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post

She is on Holiday with Petra's boyfriend?
Closed Thread