Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #46
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I'm not a believer that a coach is that important after 18,19 years old.
By 20 a player has her style, and needs someone to help plan a good schedule to keep her healthy. And to help set up practice schedules, hitting partners, and the other daily stuff that tennis players have to deal with.

Far more important is money management. Thats clear from these stories of Arantxa Sanchez Vacario, who claims she's in debt after her parents mismanaged $60 million.

Caro needs to keep an eye on her investments, because a lot of other people know she has money, and you have to have qualified investment people and have accountants check on what you're investment people are doing
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #47
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I agree, that NY apartment thing sounded kind of worrisome to be honest.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #48
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard to make any real changes to her basic game when she has certain skills she already uses very well.
I'd like to see Caroline improve her serve a little. But I know Dementieva went to Richard Krajicek, among others, trying to improve her serve, and the under the pressure of an important service game, its very hard to improve.

But I still think Caro should talk to someone who studies service mechanics & watched Caroline serve. Maybe some small correction can improve things

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #49
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its hard to make any real changes to her basic game when she has certain skills she already uses very well.
I'd like to see Caroline improve her serve a little. But I know Dementieva went to Richard Krajicek, among others, trying to improve her serve, and the under the pressure of an important service game, its very hard to improve.

But I still think Caro should talk to someone who studies service mechanics & watched Caroline serve. Maybe some small correction can improve things
I think her serve has improved, actually. The first serve anyway. Unfortunately she still struggles with it at pressure moments and the second serve is sometimes like a regular slowish groundstroke that lands short and just sits up there waiting to be hit. Even so, all in all I think the service has improved. I'd like to see her improve her approach shots most of all. I agree that she shouldn't abandon her basic game, but she can add things here and there that in some matches might make the difference between winning and losing. Lately she's coming to the net a bit more and I think that's something that might work for her. Some say that she has poor technique on her volleys, but although she'll never be a Navratilova, I don't think the're so bad that she can't be effective in that area. Unfortunately though it seems to me that she sometimes comes in behind weak-ish approach shots while she stays back at more opportune moments. I think that with practice and experience she can improve on that.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #50
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Appears now Caroline + Rory are signed up by Omega :

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/carolin...an-passe-tiden

Suppose Rolex must have agreed to this ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #51
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

My bullshit-o-meter just exploded!
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #52
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Weird, I thought Rolex is one of her main sponsors...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #53
country flag goldenlox

Doesnt sound right. You cant be with both, and if she switched, there would be an announcement about it

Edit: I googled 'Wozniacki, Omega', and its the Omega Dubai Desert Golf Classic. So those signs are at the golf tournament.

Last edited by goldenlox : Feb 8th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #54
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

miffedmax laying down the law in GM:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=453464

backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #55
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post

Yep, he's doing well. Sad thing is that the poll was set up by a Woz fan. When I first saw the title I thought it came from a 'hater/troll' seeking to ridicule Caroline.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #56
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think mistymore is a fan. A Caro fan would not post this kind of thread in General Morons. Also, what the hell is a deal with several Vika trolls who always insult Caroline posting her pictures here?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #57
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yep, he's doing well. Sad thing is that the poll was set up by a Woz fan. When I first saw the title I thought it came from a 'hater/troll' seeking to ridicule Caroline.
he is 100% not a Woz fan. Just another agent provocateur with a liking for Petra, a love for a certain retired player, and an obsession with playing on clay courts.

Who could it be I wonder
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #58
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
what the hell is a deal with several Vika trolls who always insult Caroline posting her pictures here?
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #59
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post

Yep. Another one....

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=453479

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #60
country flag goldenlox

I saw that Henin thread, but no need to get involved. Justine was either 2nd or 3rd best player in the last 15 years.
Caroline can still be one of the best players of the 2008-2023 era, but she has to do better at majors.
She knows that, but once again, in a huge match at the AO, she didnt play well for a big part of the match.

I do think its a little mental. She has to be ready for every match at a major, and never be down 36 25, I dont care who you're playing.
Like the Hantuchova loss, she has to start well.
And like the losses to Li and Domi, she has to serve out sets and serve out matches. You have to hold at 5-4, & have to hold at 3-4, or 4-5 or you're probably losing the set.

There's no magic to it, no secret to it. Players like Sveta, Li, Fran, Stosur.. they arent better than Caroline.
Caroline just hasnt played well enough in week 2 of majors. Still has years in front of her, but the recurring pattern has to be improved

Closed Thread