Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #571
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Watching the stream now, and I am happy to say this is still worse than my national tv talk shows. Waiting for Wozzy to come on.
As "news" programs,those American morning shows are about as nutritional as the most low-budget,greasy fast food....However,I take heart that Caroline is still viewed as an interesting interviewee,of sorts,even though her recent tennis results haven't done a lot to attract a major spotlight.......still believing in the imminent comeback,though

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #572
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is watching golf now?
Very strange.
She won 5 Tier I's in a row, and IW is the last of them thats she's still holding.

I'm still optimistic overall. She played too much and seems mentally worn down.
It might take to 2013 or 2014 before she makes another big run for #1.
But I think she will get back to winning Tier I titles.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM   #573
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline is watching golf now?
Very strange.
She won 5 Tier I's in a row, and IW is the last of them thats she's still holding.

I'm still optimistic overall. She played too much and seems mentally worn down.
It might take to 2013 or 2014 before she makes another big run for #1.
But I think she will get back to winning Tier I titles.
I've said this before. But instead of the usual questions she gets - I would like to see her specifically get asked about the amount of time she spends practicing compared to when she was winning T1s seeing as all we hear about is her watching golf and doing PR all the time now. Something that she'll no doubt answer with a straight bat. But it might make her think whether she is parcticing less than when she was doing so well.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 04:00 AM   #574
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I've said this before. But instead of the usual questions she gets - I would like to see her specifically get asked about the amount of time she spends practicing compared to when she was winning T1s seeing as all we hear about is her watching golf and doing PR all the time now. Something that she'll no doubt answer with a straight bat. But it might make her think whether she is parcticing less than when she was doing so well.
Not saying that Caroline is guilty of any significant neglect but,if she WERE guilty of such,then you'd be wasting your time while waiting for tough questions from soft journalists...especially the tennis media sissies

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM   #575
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see the connection between watching golf and not practicing. You can't practice 24/7 and if she didn't watch golf she might in her leisure time be watching a movie, listen to some music or read a book instead. It would of course be worrying if she would sacrifice time she'd normally spend on the practice courts to be able to watch golf, but so far there's no evidence of that. Riccardo Sanchez would definitely have brought that up in his comments after he'd been fired if in his experience that had been the case.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM   #576
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I fail to see the connection between watching golf and not practicing. You can't practice 24/7 and if she didn't watch golf she might in her leisure time be watching a movie, listen to some music or read a book instead. It would of course be worrying if she would sacrifice time she'd normally spend on the practice courts to be able to watch golf, but so far there's no evidence of that. Riccardo Sanchez would definitely have brought that up in his comments after he'd been fired if in his experience that had been the case.
Again, it's a matter of focus and by hearing her talk you easily get the sense of what's most important to her these days...and it surely isn't tennis. Reading a book or watching a movie wouldn't mess with her focus at all, it would be over after an hour or two.

Honestly, do you have the feeling that she's fully determined to get back the #1 spot and/or win a slam and that that's the most pressing thing on her mind right now? As much as I want to believe that, I really can't say I do.

And when it comes to Sanchez, he seems to be a nice guy who likes her a lot so I'm pretty sure his intension wasn't to throw her under the bus in any kind of form.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM   #577
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it is a fair question and certainly a possibility. She has somewhat altered her schedule in order to be with Rory. Traditionally she has gone from event to event getting there in plenty of time to adjust to the difference in the courts but now she uses at least some of that time to be with Rory. If her results were the same I don't think that any of us would have brought it up but something has changed and she is doing worse. It could be that she is less focused on her tennis and practising or it could be something else altogether but I would like to hear her honest answer to that particular question.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM   #578
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think it is a fair question and certainly a possibility. She has somewhat altered her schedule in order to be with Rory. Traditionally she has gone from event to event getting there in plenty of time to adjust to the difference in the courts but now she uses at least some of that time to be with Rory. If her results were the same I don't think that any of us would have brought it up but something has changed and she is doing worse. It could be that she is less focused on her tennis and practising or it could be something else altogether but I would like to hear her honest answer to that particular question.
Sure, but Jimmie might be right that her focus isn't 100% on the job as it used to be. I'm not disputing that because we don't know. But regularly we see comments when she's doing stuff other than playing tennis of the "shouldn't she be practicing instead?" variety, while there's no evidence that she's spending fewer hours on the tennis courts or in the gym than she did a year ago.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM   #579
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I think all the practice in the world isn't going to do any good if it's just a chore and if your heart isn't fully in it.

And that's what I feel with Caro for many months now, that tennis has become mostly a chore for her.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM   #580
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I think all the practice in the world isn't going to do any good if it's just a chore and if your heart isn't fully in it.

And that's what I feel with Caro for many months now, that tennis has become mostly a chore for her.
I really hope to high heaven you are wrong there. And I don't believe it. But if you are right - that's it. It's all over. No player that loses their drive and focus and sees tennis as a chore has a hope in hell on the tour as it stands nowadays. The tour is just to deep now with good players all the way down.

BTW - when I used to go to Eastbourne - she would always be on the practice courts - usually one particular out of the way practice court. No other player would be as dedicated and on a practice court as much as Caro was. That's during a tournament of course. But once was after she'd been knocked out in the 1st round and stayed a couple of days practicing and practicing.

Last edited by terjw : Mar 3rd, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM   #581
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Quote:
I really hope to high heaven you are wrong there. And I don't believe it. But if you are right - that's it. It's all over. No player that loses their drive and focus and sees tennis as a chore has a hope in hell on the tour as it stands nowadays. The tour is just to deep now with good players all the way down.
Well, I hope I'm wrong as well, I take no pride in being right about stuff like this. And even if it turns out to be true, it's not necessarily permanent...she would just be wasting precious time right now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM   #582
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

BTW - when I used to go to Eastbourne - she would always be on the practice courts - usually one particular out of the way practice court. No other player would be as dedicated and on a practice court as much as Caro was. That's during a tournament of course. But once was after she'd been knocked out in the 1st round and stayed a couple of days practicing and practicing.
....And if it IS true...and I'm NOT saying that it IS...then it's not Rory's fault but all Caro's instead.

I wouldn't care HOW sexy and beautiful a woman was--if she started bad-mouthing my family in a self-centered way...or tried to undermine others whom I knew were people of integrity...then I'd say goodbye.It might be different if Caro were a 16-year-old upstart who had been seduced by some charismatic rock star,but I don't see that sort of dynamic AT ALL here.Ultimately,it's up to Caro to decide where her priorities lie...blaming a bf misdirects where the onus of responsibility is

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM   #583
country flag terjw

Incidentally. Just had a thought. Caro said she used to get treats when she was young. Piotr would buy her an ice cream if she achieved a task Piotr had set her. She used to get lots of ice creams because she was so determined to always achieve everything she was asked to do.

I think Piotr should say - you can watch Rory play golf if you win IW. That's your treat - otherwise no.

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM   #584
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Quote:
Incidentally. Just had a thought. Caro said she used to get treats when she was young. Piotr would buy her an ice cream if she achieved a task Piotr had set her. She used to get lots of ice creams because she was so determined to always achieve everything she was asked to do.

I think Piotr should say - you can watch Rory play golf if you win IW. That's your treat - otherwise no.
The troubling thing is that it works exactly the other way. The worse she plays, the more she gets to spend time with him.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM   #585
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

@CaroWozniacki: Enjoying the nice weather in Florida, tennis, gym, watching rory play, eat and sleep! #perfectday

at the character assassinators here... She has always followed other sports... A happy chap is a lot more effective than an unhappy one... Jimmie48 is proof of that
Closed Thread