Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #4936
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

In the Nba, the San Antonio Spurs were often cricized for a boring, ugly style of play back in their championship years.

Caro's career has at times reminded me of Martyball from the Nfl. Head coach Marty Schottenheimer would rack up great records in the regular season but would flop in the playoffs with his conservative approach.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4937
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

For me Caroline's game isn't ugly. I mean when Kvitova, Li and even Sharapova are in a UE mood their game looks more like baseball than tennis, but when the're doing well they look great. Same for Caroline and her more defensive, but at her best error-free game. But at TF where everyone has a BB fetish the majority even hates Radwanska's game and if there is one player with a beautiful game today it must be Aga.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4938
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I've read Sharapova's game called ugly, thats all nonsense.
For Caroline, there's really only 2 possibilities: She brings herself back to the top level (top 3 with deep slam runs) , or she stays about where she is ( where premier titles and deep slam runs are rare)

After last year, I dont know which direction she is headed.
You cant have excuses at this level. You have to be healthy enough to play a lot of matches and mentally focused for all of them.

I'm looking forward to this year. As Serena ages in the next 3-6 years, that transition (of who takes power next) will be one of the big WTA stories moving forward. Right now players under 25 are fighting to be next in line
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #4939
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think the rest of her career holding serve will be her toughest on court priority.
When she had match point vs Li, Caro was broken 6 of her last 7 service games. Back then she would usually close out matches.

In 2012 its become a routine where she's up 4-2 vs Goerges and loses 5 of 6 games. Up 4-1 vs Kerber loses 5 games in a row.
Down 2 breaks all 3 sets vs Maria in Miami, down 1-5 all 3 sets vs Kanepi at RG. Had plenty of chances to hold against Nadia in her final match.

The big difference from those mid 2010-mid 2011 days, besides the forehand unforced errors, is that she cant win the big points on her serve. You HAVE to win those to be in the elite group at the very top of the sport

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4940
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caroline has a lot of catching up to do in the season to come. She decided to make unnecessary changes to her game and team and paid a price so now there is a real need to fix what was broken. I think that she has a good chance as long as she doesn´t have her focus slip and manages to stay motivated. The experience of falling out of top 10 in 2012 could help here...
In my opinion when she is at her best she is on par with all the top 5 players. Caro 2010 or 2011 would definitely give all of them a lot of trouble. However, to get back to that form won´t be easy especially mentally. The other players have used the time when she was struggling and got a lot better. She no longer has that mental advantage she used to have against some of them in the past (eg Radwanska).

Also, to address the no1 debate, I see it as a non issue for everyone who looks at things realistically. A no1 player doesn´t need a GS win as much as a slam winner doesn´t need a no1 ranking. Those two are completely separate achievements and it is very hard to get any of them. These are the things that many players end up only dreaming about during their careers. Caro achieved one of them already which is great, if she achieves another one it will be great too. If she doesn´t she would still go down in history as one of the best players of her era. The haters will always be there, but all great players have their little bashing brigade,IMO. That´s just a part of it all, as are the fans.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #4941
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I think Caroline has a lot of catching up to do in the season to come. She decided to make unnecessary changes to her game and team and paid a price so now there is a real need to fix what was broken. I think that she has a good chance as long as she doesn´t have her focus slip and manages to stay motivated. The experience of falling out of top 10 in 2012 could help here...
In my opinion when she is at her best she is on par with all the top 5 players. Caro 2010 or 2011 would definitely give all of them a lot of trouble. However, to get back to that form won´t be easy especially mentally. The other players have used the time when she was struggling and got a lot better. She no longer has that mental advantage she used to have against some of them in the past (eg Radwanska).

Also, to address the no1 debate, I see it as a non issue for everyone who looks at things realistically. A no1 player doesn´t need a GS win as much as a slam winner doesn´t need a no1 ranking. Those two are completely separate achievements and it is very hard to get any of them. These are the things that many players end up only dreaming about during their careers. Caro achieved one of them already which is great, if she achieves another one it will be great too. If she doesn´t she would still go down in history as one of the best players of her era. The haters will always be there, but all great players have their little bashing brigade,IMO. That´s just a part of it all, as are the fans.
Very true. Caroline is definately one of the best players of this era.
But the alltime greats do both: #1 for a long time, and win majors.
Thats the final level for Caro. You want the Hall of Fame, you want to be on the lists of great players. You have to be great for years and years.

Ofcourse, Caroline has other, amazing, options. She can retire now, marry Rory, and live the life of a billionaire celebrity.
They are one of the biggest celebrity couples in the world, and Nike is going to announce a $200 million+ deal with Rory any day now.

But she can always live that life a few years from now, and add to what she's done in her career; now on the tennis court.
But she has incredible options, that 99.9999% of the world can only dream of

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #4942
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Very true. Caroline is definately one of the best players of this era.
But the alltime greats do both: #1 for a long time, and win majors.
Thats the final level for Caro. You want the Hall of Fame, you want to be on the lists of great players. You have to be great for years and years.

Ofcourse, Caroline has other, amazing, options. She can retire now, marry Rory, and live the life of a billionaire celebrity.
They are one of the biggest celebrity couples in the world, and Nike is going to announce a $200 million+ deal with Rory any day now.

But she can always live that life a few years from now, and add to what she's done in her career now on the tennis court.
But she has crazy options, that 99.9999% of the world can only dream of

Agree!!!

But she is so young..sure, relation with this hobbit will be for longer? She has a lot of time but only a short time for career.
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #4943
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Agree!!!

But she is so young..sure, relation with this hobbit will be for longer? She has a lot of time but only a short time for career.
Well, maybe he has some sort of magic power which will bring her good luck.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:10 AM   #4944
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Am a little surprised that no one else has seconded this,but I'm sort of impressed that Caro chose such a dorky-looking guy as the love of her life(I'm also pleased that her bf,despite being a wealthy sports celebrity,so clearly adores Caro and respects her as a human being....She's obviously WAYYY beyond a mere armpiece to him).

I'm not saying that Verdasco is irresistible,but he has long had success making conquests out of high-profile females,and yet,despite the age difference,Caroline didn't succumb and become another one of FV's easy trophy sluts that we've seen......She even made him look bad,and sort of desperate by playboy standards,though without malice from our Sunshine

I have virtually ZERO doubt that,pre-Rory,at least a few other sleazy playboys have made advances towards Caroline,either directly or indirectly(perhaps via slimy sponsor reps with Adidas or Rolex).She could've easily given in to temptation and gone for some shallow,pretty-boy actor,but I think that she has more maturity and self-respect than to lower herself to being a piece of ass(unlike one of her Adidas teammates).Yes,I know that Caroline could've struck a much better balance between Bf Time and Training Time for certain periods,but it can definitely get worse than what Caro has for young attractive tenistas...a WHOLE lot worse

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:30 AM   #4945
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, maybe he has some sort of magic power which will bring her good luck.
You think so? For me he is the biggest reason for lost the focus on tennis.
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:42 AM   #4946
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
You think so? For me he is the biggest reason for lost the focus on tennis.
NO!!While I sympathize with your concerns over Caro's focus,it is SHE who makes the decision to commit or not commit herself,and SHE gets the blame for bad choices just as she gets credit for her success in life.It might be different if she were 16 and her father foolishly introduced her to some playboy friend of his,but that's not the case....Caro is an adult and,as such,she must--and she pretty much always HAS--take responsibility for whatever she chooses in life

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM   #4947
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
NO!!While I sympathize with your concerns over Caro's focus,it is SHE who makes the decision to commit or not commit herself,and SHE gets the blame for bad choices just as she gets credit for her success in life.It might be different if she were 16 and her father foolishly introduced her to some playboy friend of his,but that's not the case....Caro is an adult and,as such,she must--and she pretty much always HAS--take responsibility for whatever she chooses in life
ADULT?? Caro?? We saw in Brazil ...

Yes, I agree she choise by herself to go to the Golf tour cheering this hobbit...but for that she lost her own career.
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM   #4948
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Am a little surprised that no one else has seconded this,but I'm sort of impressed that Caro chose such a dorky-looking guy as the love of her life(I'm also pleased that her bf,despite being a wealthy sports celebrity,so clearly adores Caro and respects her as a human being....She's obviously WAYYY beyond a mere armpiece to him).
I'm impressed by that as well. I would be more worried if she would be in a relationship with one of those hunk types everyone wants her to hook up with instead. They are far more likely to end up breaking her heart when they want to check out the next piece of ass. It can still all go terribly wrong of course because nothing is as complicated as human relationships, but Rory seems to be sincere and doesn't just see her as a status symbol to brag about to his golfing buddies. And as for Caro, the fact that she's in a relationship with someone with his looks shows that she's not a superficial and shallow person. If anything, it makes me respect her even more.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM   #4949
country flag goldenlox

You have to respect that Rory went to Bulgaria to watch Caro, when he could have made a million to show up at a golf tournament that week, and a million more if he won.

He seems very serious about the relationship.
And to be realistic, its 2 super successful people who are at that age where you just get out of college and look for work or go to grad school.
They can live in a huge mansion with chef, maid, chauffeur with limousines, even a private jet, if they want.

Thats why I was saying Caro can retire now to a lifestyle almost no one has, super wealthy, super famous, worldwide jetset couple at age 22, and he's 23.

But I'm sure they want to do more in their careers.

Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4950
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I'm impressed by that as well. I would be more worried if she would be in a relationship with one of those hunk types everyone wants her to hook up with instead. They are far more likely to end up breaking her heart when they want to check out the next piece of ass. It can still all go terribly wrong of course because nothing is as complicated as human relationships, but Rory seems to be sincere and doesn't just see her as a status symbol to brag about to his golfing buddies. And as for Caro, the fact that she's in a relationship with someone with his looks shows that she's not a superficial and shallow person. If anything, it makes me respect her even more.
I've read the argument that Rory should have broken off the relationship when he saw that Caro's results had worsened,but that's pretty childish and naive,IMO.If HE can achieve good results with a beautiful,potentially-distracting gf,then there's no reason why Caroline shouldn't be able to do the same,inversely by gender.In reality,this is an OFF-court psychological challenge for Caroline just as closing out MPs,or serving well on clutch points,is an ON-court mental challenge.

Though it's a subjective comment,the two sweethearts,hypothetically speaking,could be very deeply in love...almost destined for each other.If I had such a gf whom I considered "marriage material"(as in lifetime partner,not a short-term mate)...and my work performance suffered a bit due to my spending more time with her....I sure as hell wouldn't break off the relationship;I'd make ANY necessary adjustments to find the right balance.....Your own precious Chrissie had 1 or 2 assclown guys in her life and still managed to win a lot on court,so I'm confident that Caroline can learn to do well with a guy who isn't a jerk

Closed Thread