Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4906
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
goldenlxx is goldenlox? Right?

How do you report a thread by the way?

Edit: the heinous thread has been closed by the mods.
Yeah, surprising since they usually keep Woz hate threads open for a couple of days so that everyone can have a bit of "fun" first. But why hasn't it been removed? Still, it's better than to dump it in here like they sometimes did in the past I suppose.

As for how you report a thread, if the original poster is the cause for it being a hate thread you'd have to report the original post I guess, but I wouldn't bother if I were you. GM is what it is because most enjoy it like it is and the mods are ok with that. All the reporting in the world isn't going to change anything.

And don't mind me, since I'm not into counter-trolling which is the preferred way of dealing with this stuff for the average GM-er I just had to let of some steam by way of nagging about it to you guys. I guess it's time that I take another extended break from GM participation and stick to Caroline's fan forum for awhile.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #4907
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yeah, surprising since they usually keep Woz hate threads open for a couple of days so that everyone can have a bit of "fun" first. it's better than to dump it in here like they sometimes did in the past I suppose.
It's ALSO better than creating a thread for bashers to come here and discuss Caroline in a 'civil manner'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #4908
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's ALSO better than creating a thread for bashers to come here and discuss Caroline in a 'civil manner'
Well, it wasn't created for Caro bashers to discuss Caro in a civil manner but for Caro fans to discuss womens tennis in a civil manner, something which is impossible at GM. But yes, it was a stupid idea and way too ambitious.

Thank you LI NA
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4909
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

GM is a wasteland. Dont worry about it. It was goofy back before Caro started on the tour, and its still a sewer
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4910
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
GM is a wasteland. Dont worry about it. It was goofy back before Caro started on the tour, and its still a sewer
Good to see that you're back to being goldenlox.

Thank you LI NA
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #4911
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, back to the old grind! Fight the haters!

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4912
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thank you LI NA
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #4913
country flag goldenlox

I wish Caroline's management would disable comments on her facebook page. Its stupid, its like more GM, but all based on racial bias. Keep Caroline's name away from that, because online racist insult battles will always exist, but you dont need it on her facebook page.

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #4914
country flag goldenlox

Here's an example of a facebook page that was taken down because of haters fighting each other. There are a handful of people who get their jollies by warring online. Might as well keep Caro's name away from jerks.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/16/nra...ook-page-down/

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #4915
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I wish Caroline's management would disable comments on her facebook page. Its stupid, its like more GM, but all based on racial bias. Keep Caroline's name away from that, because online racist insult battles will always exist, but you dont need it on her facebook page.
Well, like I said before, if I was a famous person I wouldn't even consider being on twitter or facebook because it's a magnet for every psycho on the internet. A personal webpage where you are in control of what's on there, ok, that's different. But with something like facebook you put yourself into a very vulnerable position. But hey, perhaps she just doesn't give a fuck. Let's hope so.

Thank you LI NA
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4916
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it wasn't created for Caro bashers to discuss Caro in a civil manner but for Caro fans to discuss womens tennis in a civil manner, something which is impossible at GM. But yes, it was a stupid idea and way too ambitious.
Was just having a little fun with you;I've actually met a small number of fans here who didn't particularly like Caro,due to her playing style,yet respected her.You've heard me say that GroupThink is a telltale sign of the modern educational apocalypse,and TF is often Ground Zero

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4917
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Was just having a little fun with you;I've actually met a small number of fans here who didn't particularly like Caro,due to her playing style,yet respected her.You've heard me say that GroupThink is a telltale sign of the modern educational apocalypse,and TF is often Ground Zero
I know, but I still think the thread was a mistake created in a moment of frustration. I mean, it's ok for what it is, but that's it.

Thank you LI NA
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #4918
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, surprising since they usually keep Woz hate threads open for a couple of days so that everyone can have a bit of "fun" first. But why hasn't it been removed? Still, it's better than to dump it in here like they sometimes did in the past I suppose.

As for how you report a thread, if the original poster is the cause for it being a hate thread you'd have to report the original post I guess, but I wouldn't bother if I were you. GM is what it is because most enjoy it like it is and the mods are ok with that. All the reporting in the world isn't going to change anything.

And don't mind me, since I'm not into counter-trolling which is the preferred way of dealing with this stuff for the average GM-er I just had to let of some steam by way of nagging about it to you guys. I guess it's time that I take another extended break from GM participation and stick to Caroline's fan forum for awhile.
I like the counter-trolling expression. First time I hear it You're right about it, debating with a troll can't bring nothing good. It's a pure waste of time. Besides, you know what they said:"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience".

However, I can't totally agree with you about what you said in relation to the "report fonction". Since I joined the forum, I have reported some comments that I felt particularly disgusting. And in many cases the author was banished, whether for a few days or permanently. The system seems to work reasonably well. I guess that if enough people report a comment, the mods take note of it.

That being said, you've been a member for much longer than me, and I have not doubt that you went through many revolting situations where nobody took action despite repeated complaints

Quote:
Quote:
I know, but I still think the thread was a mistake created in a moment of frustration. I mean, it's ok for what it is, but that's it.
If you're talking about the "Womens Tennis in General" thread, I rather think that it was a great idea. If you're not talking about it, don't mind me
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #4919
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
If you're talking about the "Womens Tennis in General" thread, I rather think that it was a great idea. If you're not talking about it, don't mind me
It's actually not a bad idea at all--IN THEORY.The only problem was that Chrissie-fan was a little open-ended in starting the thread,so trolls took his invitation as license to go there,and even right here in Caro's primary thread,to post condescending,barely-polite-sounding words about all of the numerous deficiencies they saw in Caroline's game.After a while,it got tiresome for some of the fans here who had read hateful comments in GM and didn't wanna welcome bashers who put forth a thin film of pretense at being respectful.

There were posts with phrases like,'Caro might become a relevant player again if she...',and 'Even though she's not an elite player anymore...',blah,blah,blah.It was painfully obvious that a few vergologos were taking advantage of Chrissie Fan's sincere attempt at decency,and it created an unpleasant atmosphere in this thread until they were banished.

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #4920
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
However, I can't totally agree with you about what you said in relation to the "report fonction". Since I joined the forum, I have reported some comments that I felt particularly disgusting. And in many cases the author was banished, whether for a few days or permanently. The system seems to work reasonably well. I guess that if enough people report a comment, the mods take note of it.

That being said, you've been a member for much longer than me, and I have not doubt that you went through many revolting situations where nobody took action despite repeated complaints ¨
Yes. It all seems pretty random to me. Perhaps it also depends on which mod gets to deal with a reported post as well. But at a forum as active as TF the mods have a subforum invisible to regular members where they discuss the goings on of the forum. But to be fair to them, I suppose they have to find a balance between doing "the right thing" and allowing their membership to have "a good time", and bitching is very popular, especially at GM. Having said that, it's also likely that it holds back potentially far more valuable members from joining TF.
Quote:
If you're talking about the "Womens Tennis in General" thread, I rather think that it was a great idea.
Well, I guess it still serves a purpose at times.

Thank you LI NA
Closed Thread