Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 327 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4891
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
After viewing your numbers,it's clear that,amongst the Top 10,only the top 5 players are significantly ahead of Caroline...which doesn't look that bad,really.As for Bartoli and the Fraud,their first-serve winning percentages are higher but that's counteracted by the fact that they so often MISS their first serves;i.e.,only Nadia has a really big edge amongst #11-15.....As I posted earlier,though,Caro should strive to better herself,regardless,if she seeks to remain an elite player
At this level small to moderate differences can be big though.

Caro's forehand is probably the next biggest thing in terms of technique for her to work on. We saw an improved forehand sometimes towards the end of the year but it needs to show up consistently.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4892
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
At this level small to moderate differences can be big though.

Caro's forehand is probably the next biggest thing in terms of technique for her to work on. We saw an improved forehand sometimes towards the end of the year but it needs to show up consistently.
With regard to THIS stat,I suspect that you're overrating its significance.

According to your graphic,the players with a better percentage are usually around 65 or 66% of FIRST serve points won,while Caro is just above 63.If you had 100 service points in one match--and it's quite uncommon to have a match THAT long,then there would only be a difference of 2 or 3 points per match.In a match of typical length,we'd be talking only 1 or 2 points,and that is HARDLY an impactful difference by itself.Caroline could EASILY offset those couple lost points by losing fewer points than her opponent due to defensive skills

I'm NOT saying that your stat is meaningless,but it requires a broader perspective before it can carry too much weight.For example, if a certain player wins 70% of her 1st serves instead of Caroline's 63...yet only connects on 48% of her first serves...and wins about 20% of her 2nd-serve points...then her "edge" on Caro is pretty worthless.To ME,the bigger issues are whether or not Caroline can win easy points off her serve to reduce wear-and-tear,NOT merely win the point...and the other question is whether or not Caroline's SECOND serve is strong enough so as not to leave her helpless vs. tough ROSers.Obviously,a player with a feeble second serve will often feel more nervous on her FIRST serve on crucial points...knowing that she MUST get it in or else be doomed on the 2nd-serve follow-up.

Stats can be effective tools,Protoss,but they're usually not all-telling;I remember last year when some NFL geeks blabbed about how no 9-7 team had ever won the SB...and back in 2005 when some of the same numbers-only nerds prattled about how no #6 seed had ever won the SB...as if those details would destroy the Giants' and Steelers' respective confidence and prevent them from winning...a basic grasp of the sport would've told any fan that injuries during the regular season kept both of those championship squads from finishing with the W/L record that they probably would've gotten otherwise

I can see that your sig focuses on Star Wars and not Star TREK,but I'll take you back to ST film #6 when Spock,forgive my paraphrase,told his young Vulcan disciple that logic was only the BEGINNING of reasoning....I would argue that it was the same with stats analysis in re understanding a sport

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #4893
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=3231

Well, what can I say? Better nothing because I might regret it later. At first I considered reporting it, but there's no point because nobody (including and especially the mods) gives a fuck.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #4894
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

Well, what can I say? Better nothing because I might regret it later. At first I considered reporting it, but there's no point because nobody (including and especially the mods) gives a fuck.
All you need to know about poster 'Doni' is that she's an Ivanovic fan who believes that Ana,that bastion of self-discipline and willpower,remained sexually celibate for more than a calendar year in between her two stints with Adam Scott,and gave me a bad rep for implying otherwise....That's right!She never ONCE got a 'quickie' on her numerous private visits to Rafa and Nole's hotel rooms;it was ALWAYS platonic...the Tooth Fairy absolutely assured Doni of that

Will go back to what I've told you before: If you(or,in this case,Caroline) are hated by certain people(pedophiles...people who peddle drugs to children...mindless Serb forum apologists)it's actually a testimonial to your character as a human being

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4895
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
All you need to know about poster 'Doni' is that she's an Ivanovic fan who believes that Ana,that bastion of self-discipline and willpower,remained sexually celibate for more than a calendar year in between her two stints with Adam Scott,and gave me a bad rep for implying otherwise....That's right!She never ONCE got a 'quickie' on her numerous private visits to Rafa and Nole's hotel rooms;it was ALWAYS platonic...the Tooth Fairy absolutely assured Doni of that

Will go back to what I've told you before: If you(or,in this case,Caroline) are hated by certain people(pedophiles...people who peddle drugs to children...mindless Serb forum apologists)it's actually a testimonial to your character as a human being
I haven't got a problem with Ivanovic, and even if I did I wouldn't post hate threads about her at GM - especially not if she would already be everyone's favorite (and thus easy) target. What a cowardly thing to do. But no, I can't say that I'm surprised.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #4896
country flag goldenlxx

goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice

Quote:

If it breaks forum rules, why not report it?
Anyway, its good the haters are discussing Caroline's tennis again.
She won 20 titles and was #1 for 2010 and 2011. That's excellent by any objective standard
The haters knocking her results in GM will never be anywhere near that successful at anything they ever do.
That's part of celebrity, whether athletes or entertainers. They have fans and detractors. You can read glowing praise of One Direction, or brutal insults. Same for celebrity, successful athletes
goldenlxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4897
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlxx View Post
If it breaks forum rules, why not report it?
I can see that you're new here. The answer is simple: Nobody gives a fuck. For years there were new Woz hate threads like this (many worse than this in fact) 24/7, sometimes two or three a day and nothing was ever done to put an end to it.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #4898
country flag goldenlxx

goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice goldenlxx is just really nice

One Direction was a weak example. The Beatles took tremendous criticism. There were organized record burning ceremonies in some cities when the Beatles toured.
This all comes with celebrity. Rory grew up a huge Tiger fan. He saw all the heat Tiger Woods took when he cheated and his game dropped off
goldenlxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #4899
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
I can see that you're new here.
goldenlxx is goldenlox? Right?

How do you report a thread by the way?

Edit: the heinous thread has been closed by the mods.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4900
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Nadia looks pretty ominous there. I think Caro& the girls ranked in the bottom half of top 10 will need to watch out for her.
IMO Nadia has the 2nd best serve on the WTA. So I'm not surprised at Protoss serve stat for her. The thing is - I'm not impressed with the rest of her game. True - I missed watching her match vs Caro where the reports said she played really well. And I also remember that shock win she had at 2010 AO against Kim. But she didn't follow that up and make a big comeback after that match.

It would make things a bit easier for Caro if she could improve her serve. But I don't think it's the be all and end all and the only thing you need. After all - Brenda Schultz had a really big serve. But the highest she ever got to was #9 and she was never thought of as a slam contender..

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #4901
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
goldenlxx is goldenlox? Right?
Really? Why the name change?

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #4902
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There wasn't a name change. There's both goldenlox and goldenlxx.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4903
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure it's the same person

It's just a logical assumption. I thought you would know the answer

Maybe it's just an admirer or an incredible coincidence...
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #4904
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I haven't got a problem with Ivanovic, and even if I did I wouldn't post hate threads about her at GM - especially not if she would already be everyone's favorite (and thus easy) target. What a cowardly thing to do. But no, I can't say that I'm surprised.
What's most pathetic is that the poster you cited is a college-educated black-American,someone whose forerunners were brutalized for something so superficial as the color of their skin....and she demonstrates her learning by showing contemptful hatred for Caroline,and WHY?...Because Caroline's game is too passive and not entertaining enough for her.

The poster is still relatively young so there's still hope,but an interesting test would be if she were forced to travel thru time and actually LIVE in the oppression instead of just reading about it.She might not be a Caro fan when she returned to the present day,though she'd likely have a more level-headed attitude in cheering for her faves...and against her NON-faves

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #4905
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I like Ivanovic as a player,too, however, some of her fans are ridiculous. That thread was a really desperate attempt to be interesting. Anyway,most of them (even thought they'd deny it) would be overjoyed if Ana managed to have a season similar to Caro's 2012. To be honest, she'll need to improve quite a bit to achieve what we see as 'not that great' in terms of Caro's performance.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread