Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 321 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4801
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If she continues playing for the next six or seven (or hopefully more) years it's entirely possible that things will go her way at least once.
Yeah,when you look at Majoli and Franny,for example,it makes you believe that,with the right circumstances,it wouldn't require any miraculous intervention.You have to like the way that Fran has,most likely,maximized her potential,and it's sort of charming how she self-deprecatingly acknowledges that she's not as hot as many WTA stars...but,though I'm obviously not impartial,I think that Caro is a better player than either of the aforementioned

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:23 PM   #4802
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,when you look at Majoli and Franny,for example,it makes you believe that,with the right circumstances,it wouldn't require any miraculous intervention.You have to like the way that Fran has,most likely,maximized her potential,and it's sort of charming how she self-deprecatingly acknowledges that she's not as hot as many WTA stars...but,though I'm obviously not impartial,I think that Caro is a better player than either of the aforementioned
I agree, but someone's chance of success not only depends on how good she is but also on how strong the opposition is. And currently with Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka and Kvitova (in my book still a strong contender at the slams despite a somewhat disappointing 2012) that opposition is pretty impressive. But if Caroline finds her old form back and is in the mix at the QF or SF stage of slams on a consistent basis the odds of her winning one sooner or later go up dramatically.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4803
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, but someone's chance of success not only depends on how good she is but also on how strong the opposition is. And currently with Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka and Kvitova (in my book still a strong contender at the slams despite a somewhat disappointing 2012) that opposition is pretty impressive. But if Caroline finds her old form back and is in the mix at the QF or SF stage of slams on a consistent basis the odds of her winning one sooner or later go up dramatically.
Yes,it's like that in the NFL,too;quite often,the SB loser is NOT the second best team but was fortunate to go up against weaker competition in their conference.However,I believe that Caro has enough mental strength to succeed if she DOES get another ideal opportunity.

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4804
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I agree that a slam title is the only piece of the puzzle that's still missing. She just has to keep on giving it all she's got and don't lose patience. If she continues playing for the next six or seven (or hopefully more) years it's entirely possible that things will go her way at least once.
One US Open and an Australian Open are more than plausible to her capacities and with this weak clay courters era she could even sneak a French Open.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4805
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I completely agree with the part in bold. But that's like dreaming for me at the moment. A year and a half ago - I thought she could consistently get good results at the slams and then maybe who knows - maybe one time go all the way. This year she's not been good enough at any tournament for me to even think about prospects being anythimg but zero at the slams. A bit of optimism at the end to get a couple of titles with the big guns not playing was nice (except even that was soured by that defeat by Nadia).

After the AO - there was nothing in any tournament this year to make me believe she'd be able to go deep at the slams. What annoyed me was this "Don't worry about these losses she's having at tournaments. It's the slams we are focusing on this year". Needless to say the slams went just as bad or even worse than the other tournaments.

Scheduling is important of course to try to peak at the slams but that aside I want to see Caro doing consistenly well at tournaments, at least regularly getting as far as playing the big guns but really going on to show she is able to compete against them and get some wins - then I'll start thinking about her having realistic chances of consistently going deep at slams as well. And when/if that happens I'll start thinking she has a chance of going all the way. But that is a pipe-dream at the moment.

Caro is very different from say Petra. If Petra plays badly at the start of the year - come Wimbledon and I still see her have a great chance since she's tailor made for grass. I think Caro on the other hand needs to consistently always be up there. I don't believe when she's not consistently doing well that all of a sudden out the blue she'll just win a slam. So I don't even think about her prospects of getting a slam or more in her career.

And I don't want her to get bogged down with needing to win a slam either. I want her to concentrate on her game on the tour.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Nov 24th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #4806
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Any News on when Caro will start training for 2013

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4807
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
And I don't want her to get bogged down with needing to win a slam either. I want her to concentrate on her game on the tour.
Yeah,Caro still needs to build more confidence in her newer game first so that she can close out matches vs. top-level opponents;without THAT,a slam title run will be essentially impossible.Perhaps,as you implied,focusing on slams right now might plant negative seeds in her mind about previous shortcomings

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4808
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,Caro still needs to build more confidence in her newer game first so that she can close out matches vs. top-level opponents;without THAT,a slam title run will be essentially impossible.Perhaps,as you implied,focusing on slams right now might plant negative seeds in her mind about previous shortcomings
In principle I believe that anyone who can win a premier mandatory (or even a premier5) can also win a slam because you're facing the same opponents and it's the same format. On the mens side one could make the argument of, "ok, he can win a masters 1000 but not a slam because one is over the best of three while the other is over the best of five sets." Even that is highly debatable when you consider that "the big four" win virtually all masters 1000's AND all the slams, but on the womens side that argument doesn't even come into play.

But yes, I agree with you and terjw that Caro will have to improve a lot on her 2012 form before we can even consider her a contender for a slam title again. And she's not a streak player. Girls like Kvitova or even Li Na can fuck up for months but you can never count them out because there's always the chance that all of a sudden they will find their groove and blow everybody away. Such a scenario is much less likely to happen for Caroline.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #4809
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I completely agree with the part in bold. But that's like dreaming for me at the moment. A year and a half ago - I thought she could consistently get good results at the slams and then maybe who knows - maybe one time go all the way. This year she's not been good enough at any tournament for me to even think about prospects being anythimg but zero at the slams. A bit of optimism at the end to get a couple of titles with the big guns not playing was nice (except even that was soured by that defeat by Nadia).

After the AO - there was nothing in any tournament this year to make me believe she'd be able to go deep at the slams. What annoyed me was this "Don't worry about these losses she's having at tournaments. It's the slams we are focusing on this year". Needless to say the slams went just as bad or even worse than the other tournaments.

Scheduling is important of course to try to peak at the slams but that aside I want to see Caro doing consistenly well at tournaments, at least regularly getting as far as playing the big guns but really going on to show she is able to compete against them and get some wins - then I'll start thinking about her having realistic chances of consistently going deep at slams as well. And when/if that happens I'll start thinking she has a chance of going all the way. But that is a pipe-dream at the moment.

Caro is very different from say Petra. If Petra plays badly at the start of the year - come Wimbledon and I still see her have a great chance since she's tailor made for grass. I think Caro on the other hand needs to consistently always be up there. I don't believe when she's not consistently doing well that all of a sudden out the blue she'll just win a slam. So I don't even think about her prospects of getting a slam or more in her career.

Yeah, the problem is her level of play. It dropped for sure, along with her consistency, sometime last summer/fall.
She has to play steadier, and still be aggressive when its there. If she cant do it, she wont do much better than 2012. I think she is capable of getting back into the top group. She used to beat Vika, Maria, Aga, but she has to play better than last year+
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4810
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I was also sceptical about the 'nothing matters just slams' stance that they took this year. I think that it was part of her problems. I can see where it came from though. When she was a no.1 journalists and 'experts' kept whining about her schedule and always said that she doesn't focus on slams but only looks for easy points from 'small' tournaments (some even suggested that it was on purpose because she was not good enough as a player).

I think she's a type of player who needs to get into the rhythm to do well at biggest stages and therefore benefits a lot from playing warm up events. I wouldn't be suprised if she added a few events to her calendar this season because of that.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #4811
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

dhendersonpa Deric Henderson
@McIlroyRory and girlfriend to visit 6 countries on 3 continents in next 10 weeks according to @SInow. Wonder is NI for Xmas on itinerary?

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4812
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I was also sceptical about the 'nothing matters just slams' stance that they took this year. I think that it was part of her problems. I can see where it came from though. When she was a no.1 journalists and 'experts' kept whining about her schedule and always said that she doesn't focus on slams but only looks for easy points from 'small' tournaments (some even suggested that it was on purpose because she was not good enough as a player).

I think she's a type of player who needs to get into the rhythm to do well at biggest stages and therefore benefits a lot from playing warm up events. I wouldn't be suprised if she added a few events to her calendar this season because of that.
I think 'nothing matters just slams' was said because she wasnt getting good results. All the players in slam finals this year played well in other tournaments. Nobody turns on a switch at majors. And a good ranking usually helps your draw
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #4813
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

When will she find time too train for next season ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #4814
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
dhendersonpa Deric Henderson
@McIlroyRory and girlfriend to visit 6 countries on 3 continents in next 10 weeks according to @SInow. Wonder is NI for Xmas on itinerary?
She has become "the girlfriend".
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #4815
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
She has become "the girlfriend".
That's not entirely true;a Yahoo Sports headline/link actually placed her name in front of her famous bf's....Can't remember the exact wording,but it was something like,'Wozniacki having fun at press conference...",so they put the focus on HER even though the event was one of his

Closed Thread