Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 317 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #4741
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, people's reaction to all this makes nonsense of the idea that they put forward when it's convenient that "looks aren't everything." When it comes down to it "looks ARE everything" in the minds of most people. So superficial...

;-)
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #4742
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
This is right. Nobody understand. I think because of Rory, to spend more time with him..hate him so much.
Will the real Jimmie stand up, please!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #4743
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It all depends on how far she gets in the tournaments she plays. If she commits to more than 20 tournaments and makes the semis or better on nearly every occasion it might get a bit too much. Especially considering that she rarely wipes opponents from the courts but is a "grinder" who has to work hard in most of her matches. But if she loses early in most events it makes for a different set of circumstances. It's all about finding the right balance, and it's hard to get it exactly right because you don't know in advance how well you're gonna do.
Most of the top players are playing the same tournaments. You have to make a decision about Charleston/Stuttgart (Stosur played both & Fed Cup this year), or whether to play before a slam, like Brussels/New Haven.
Stosur played 23 tournaments and 2 Fed Cup ties this year. In GM, its called vulturing when a player does incredibly well in a lot of tournaments.
But players cant assume they'll be in around 10 finals when they make a schedule.
If you have a great year (like Azarenka or Sharapova) then you have to pull out of some premiers, to be ready for majors, madatories, YEC
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4744
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caroline's problems were partly too many hard grinding weeks, but also changing her style of game and meeting Rory.
She had a lot going on, and she still is trying to adjust to it all. Be interesting to see how 2013 turns out. Between majors, mandatories, and YEC, she hasnt been to a final since IW 2011. Those are the finals top players want to be in
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #4745
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
All his words about her, all the pictures show..he really loves her...sitting in her box he support her with every point, but I hate him. So ugly...
You hate him because you find him ugly? Man, you must do a lot of hating every day.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #4746
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Rory's a nice guy, and Caroline are obviously happy with him, if we respect her maybe we could stop calling him ugly, at least here, in her fan forum!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4747
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
You hate him because you find him ugly? Man, you must do a lot of hating every day.

It is up to you to find him beautiful...he took her focus from tennis away..
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4748
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Rory's a nice guy, and Caroline are obviously happy with him, if we respect her maybe we could stop calling him ugly, at least here, in her fan forum!
It is my opinion..nothing to do with my respect to HER!!!!!!
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4749
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

This thread needs your attention, if you are into that sort of thing:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471047

If so, you know what to do.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #4750
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Memory serves me right, Caro played and won an ITF event i Odense in 2008 (Odense is Caroline's place of birth). So it has been done before, but I'd say it's HIGHLY unlikely, she'll play and ITF event again, even in Odense or Farum

I'm personally finding it sad, it was not possible to sustain a WTA tournament in Denmark. It was actually off to a good start. In 2010, when the tournament was televised on terrestrial tv (TV2) in prime time, it attracted viewing numbers of up to 20% of the entire population.
Actually,I wasn't looking for Caroline to PLAY the event--just do some promo for it,perhaps while wearing some gorgeous,inspiring outfit.

Though I'm certainly no sort of authority on Denmark,it looked as if the stakes were a bit lower with the 125Ks in Taipei and India,so such an event would probably be do-able for the Danes with the right organizational set-up

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #4751
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Actually,I wasn't looking for Caroline to PLAY the event--just do some promo for it,perhaps while wearing some gorgeous,inspiring outfit.

Though I'm certainly no sort of authority on Denmark,it looked as if the stakes were a bit lower with the 125Ks in Taipei and India,so such an event would probably be do-able for the Danes with the right organizational set-up
Come on, Bruce, Caroline is not going to spend time promoting an (ITF) event, she isn't playing. And currently, imho, there won't be interest for any ITF/WTA tournament in Denmark, unless she is playing.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #4752
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Come on, Bruce, Caroline is not going to spend time promoting an (ITF) event, she isn't playing. And currently, imho, there won't be interest for any ITF/WTA tournament in Denmark, unless she is playing.
Well,the first statement is just silly;it would be EASY for her to stand still for some video promos if the organizers fit it into Caroline's schedule.Most likely,she'd LOVE to help promote tennis in Denmark if she thought she could help.Your second statement is far more relevant;if,indeed,the interest just isn't very high,then there's no point in even trying until,say,localities build up a following over a few years by developing programs......not that anyone necessarily has ANY intention of doing that.I know that Danes have more important concerns such as advancing their nuclear weapons production

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4753
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,the first statement is just silly;it would be EASY for her to stand still for some video promos if the organizers fit it into Caroline's schedule.Most likely,she'd LOVE to help promote tennis in Denmark if she thought she could help.
It would also be easy for her to jump of a cliff. Find one example of another player, who has done what you say is 'easy' for Caroline to do.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #4754
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
It would also be easy for her to jump of a cliff. Find one example of another player, who has done what you say is 'easy' for Caroline to do.
It's a ridiculous argument and I don't see why you'd be sore over it.Even if I found FIVE players who have done so,that wouldn't empirically prove OR disprove what CARO would do in the same situation.I think she'd be happy to shoot a 30-second clip promoting the event,and you don't believe she'd bother....This is not a FACTUAL argument so let's leave it where it is....I'm off to work

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #4755
country flag bruce goose

Not expecting competence from the WTA in how they manage their website,but they still list Copenhagen,WITH scheduled starting date,on their 2013 calendar.....I suppose that any of you Danes could confirm that as an error,or is there an effort being made to somehow salvage the event with another sponsor...thus accounting for Copenhagen's continued placement on the current calendar??

In other news,Caroline apparently ranked 4th amongst ALL players in WTA webpage hits during the 2012 season...behind Vika,Masha and--probably just barely--her buddy Aga.Though it's not as desirable as ON-court accomplishments,wouldn't that be a fairly decent indicator of Caroline's popularity?....Even more remarkable,IMO,in light of her subpar,for HER,results this season

Fare thee well, Li
Closed Thread