Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 314 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4696
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its not supposed to be the same as GM. People want you to be more respectful about Caro when you make your point.

I dont think there's anything wrong with being respectful when talking about such a successful player.

It is possible that this was a devastating year, and that Caro will never have the success she had before.
But thats not for sure, not a given, so you have to give her some benefit of the doubt, that this might be an off year.
Even if she will never be top 3 or in a slam final again, its hard to do those things at all. Especially when you are trying to make huge changes to your game. Most players are fine tuning things, not making major overhauls in their games
I totally agree. It is also different when someone criticises if there is a real reason and when people just whine for the sake of it. If someone loses confidence in a player, that´s fine. They have enough space to voice their opinion...in GM. There´s no need to troll in player forum(s) and spoil it for the fans.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4697
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Caro is once again one of the three nominees for Denmark's "Tennis player of the year" award. The other nominees are Frederik L. Nielsen and the Davis Cup Team. Caro has won the award five years in a row, but I guess Frederik Nielsen will be hard to beat this year: A Wimbledon doubles title and at least a semifinal at the ATP finals in London (plus Davis Cup participations)!

WTA #10 plus two WTA titles is of course very good by most standards, but it still seems a little underwhelming compared to Caro's previous years.
Wow, he´s has achieved a lot this year. I wouldn´t be surprised if he gained the trophy. Is this this same guy that Caro played with at Hopman Cup?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #4698
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Looking relaxed and enjoying life in a year that has already garnered a second major, a Ryder Cup triumph and top spot in the U.S. PGA Tour order of merit, McIlroy is also delighted to have Danish world number 10 Wozniacki cheering him on this week.

"Yes, it's great, this is her off season," he added.

"This is a chance to take a break but getting up at 5 a.m. to watch me play golf isn't exactly my idea of a holiday so hopefully after tomorrow or whenever we're done, we can get a couple of days off before going to Hong Kong.

"It's good to have her here and she'll be with me in Hong Kong, Dubai also and it's nice to get to spend some time with her."

that's not good i had to say, that means caro is not going to train before 25/11, and if i remember correctly, she is going to play an exhibition at mid-december with federer &co.

she won't have to time to try some new things.

i don't know, maybe she just need a good, long holiday, maybe?
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #4699
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

my god..this would be a shame..who is Nielsen?
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #4700
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Wow, he´s has achieved a lot this year. I wouldn´t be surprised if he gained the trophy. Is this this same guy that Caro played with at Hopman Cup?
Yes. Same one.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #4701
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I am finding it quite interesting.

Frederik Nielsen is by all accounts a really down to earth and likeable guy and kudos for the Wimbledon dobs win and for Marray & him now reaching the tour final SF (as minimum)

BUT

he's ranked 300-something in single and as was unfortunately made clear at the Hopman's Cup earlier in the year, he is far away from even top 100.

However, Caroline has won the award the last 5 years and with the relentless hunt for snipes and negative articles towards the Wozniacki family in Danish media, I could well see the sports journalists and pundits vote for Frederik Nielsen.

Imho, doubles just isn't big enough to catapult someone to 'tennis player of the year'. Dubs is - and no disrespect to Nielsen - something 2nd & 3rd tier players play to make a living. (Williams sisters being the exception to the rule). 2012 has been Nielsen's by far best year what prize money is concerned. He's earned $277k ..

Caroline's catastrophic year has earned her $2.4 million in prize money + bonus.

Money isn't everything, but there is a reason why even a dubs victory in a slam only pays each player $200k.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4702
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is mostly about expectations. Woz was expected to stay in top 3/5 this year, but underperformed badly. Nielsen, on the other hand, massively overperformed at Wimbledon, compared to the rest of his career (and so far, at the WTF). The odds must have been astronomical at the start of Wimbledon.

I will honestly be very surprised, if he doesn't get this award.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #4703
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
I think this is mostly about expectations. Woz was expected to stay in top 3/5 this year, but underperformed badly. Nielsen, on the other hand, massively overperformed at Wimbledon, compared to the rest of his career (and so far, at the WTF). The odds must have been astronomical at the start of Wimbledon.

I will honestly be very surprised, if he doesn't get this award.
Talking most improved ( or over performed Vs previous year(s) ) Nielsen is obviously the 'winner'. But I don't think it's a 'most improved' award, but a Player of the year award.

Comparing Caro and Frederik is effectively like comparing the team finishing 10th in the Premier League with the team which won the Blue Square League.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4704
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, by all accounts, she should get it. But I still think the Wimby win by itself will clinch it for him. And the ongoing one isn't exactly hurting his chances, either.

Edit: And I can't believe he's still going to focus on singles! That's just not very smart.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #4705
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

The WTA 2013 calender was officially changed November 9th, as the Copenhagen event was cancelled from the 2013 WTA Tour and changed with a new tournament held in Katowice, Poland, so Caroline will probably play there instead. I think that it's actually better for her as the hype around her this year has been a little harsh in Denmark - well at least among certain newspapers and journalists.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4706
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
The WTA 2013 calender was officially changed November 9th, as the Copenhagen event was cancelled from the 2013 WTA Tour and changed with a new tournament held in Katowice, Poland, so Caroline will probably play there instead. I think that it's actually better for her as the hype around her this year has been a little harsh in Denmark - well at least among certain newspapers and journalists.
I think it's more likely Caro will play Charleston the week before Katowice and then take two weeks off before playing Stuttgart. We'll see.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4707
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Team Wozniacki have moved the danish tournament to Poland, can be a reason Caro will play... but it also said A.Radwanska will play, but only 1 from Top 10 can play in MM's.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #4708
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Team Wozniacki have moved the danish tournament to Poland, can be a reason Caro will play... but it also said A.Radwanska will play, but only 1 from Top 10 can play in MM's.
If thats correct, then its her team's tournament but she's not playing. Aga is.

Yeah, this year wasnt catastrophic. But it was similar to other players who got to #1 then dropped back. And some never got back to the top again.
Some get back to the top after adversity, some dont. So we'll find out. She has plenty of years ahead
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #4709
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post

Sure? Only one? I think two, but I´m not sure.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #4710
country flag Saraya!

Now my friend told me:

it is only one Top Ten Player in International allowed, except the International like Seoul with higher price money...
Closed Thread