Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 313 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #4681
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
If you want to participate in discussion in a player forum, I suggest you act like an adult and not some know-it-all, insulted, sulking kid.
Just to provide some outside perspective since this time I'm not the one getting shot down, this sub-forum has become extremely intolerant of anything that's not praising Caro. One either agrees with what the majority in here thinks or you`ll get personally attacked.

There's a kind of elitism in here that bugs me to no end...it's always "GM this, GM that" but honestly, the bullying is the same in here, it just happens on a more sophisticated level.

Whatever, this discussion alone has reminded me why I'm coming in here less and less, so don't mind me.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #4682
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
It was a really good match from Caro..but Stosur and finals - it is a special story..look at Sams titles..it is like a phobie...

Caro is my most liked player, I love her so much an hope she will turn back her career to the highest level..but i can´t believe...
Considering that you are saying that her biggest win this year is a result of easy draw and tired opponents I find it hard to believe you ´love her so much´.
Stosur is the only player out of the current top players who was able to defeat Serena in the slam final, just to remind you, she did earn her place in top 10 and also titles she won. But still you put her down to put Caro down... Trolling much? GM would be proud ...
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #4683
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
yes, because $ 1 000 000 is nothing
And it's not only about the money!
I'm sure any other player would rather end season in Top 10 than outside it! I'm glad she finished this season in Top 10!
I agree, a top 10 finish is better, it feels like a comeback. Top 10 is the elite, something that every player wants to have on their resume. Also, I doubt that sponsors would be oblivious to that,too. And getting a million extra, hmm, even though she already has that money I don´t think that would just let a chance of gaining such a large sum slip away. In the end of the day this is her job, not only a hobby anymore.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #4684
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Just to provide some outside perspective since this time I'm not the one getting shot down, this sub-forum has become extremely intolerant of anything that's not praising Caro. One either agrees with what the majority in here thinks or you`ll get personally attacked.

There's a kind of elitism in here that bugs me to no end...it's always "GM this, GM that" but honestly, the bullying is the same in here, it just happens on a more sophisticated level.

Whatever, this discussion alone has reminded me why I'm coming in here less and less, so don't mind me.
Thank you.
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #4685
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Considering that you are saying that her biggest win this year is a result of easy draw and tired opponents I find it hard to believe you ´love her so much´.
Stosur is the only player out of the current top players who was able to defeat Serena in the slam final, just to remind you, she did earn her place in top 10 and also titles she won. But still you put her down to put Caro down... Trolling much? GM would be proud ...
I put Caro down? What you want to tell? It is a tournament at end of the season, only two Top Ten Player´s. Fact.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4686
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post

I agree with this post completely and I have been posting less here lately for the same reasons. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with people but I do think that it should be done in a way that is respectful and doesn't needlessly antagonise and lead to back and forth arguing.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #4687
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I agree with this post completely and I have been posting less here lately for the same reasons. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with people but I do think that it should be done in a way that is respectful and doesn't needlessly antagonise and lead to back and forth arguing.

Really!!! I love Caro..but it must be possible to talk about her in different ways...
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #4688
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its not supposed to be the same as GM. People want you to be more respectful about Caro when you make your point.

I dont think there's anything wrong with being respectful when talking about such a successful player.

It is possible that this was a devastating year, and that Caro will never have the success she had before.
But thats not for sure, not a given, so you have to give her some benefit of the doubt, that this might be an off year.
Even if she will never be top 3 or in a slam final again, its hard to do those things at all. Especially when you are trying to make huge changes to your game. Most players are fine tuning things, not making major overhauls in their games
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #4689
country flag Saraya!

Nobody here say, she hasn´t a great career up to know...but she had a worst season for a girl, who was #1 at beginning 2012.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #4690
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nobody here say, she hasn´t a great career up to know...but she had a worst season for a girl, who was #1 at beginning 2012.
I was as surprised and critical as anyone. But now its been over a year, so I accept that this is a long term problem.
But she showed better after USO. First thing she has to do is have a big AO. She only won 2 matches combined in the last 3 majors. If she goes out early again, then come a clay & grass major, where she's never done well.
So the AO is important. The best players almost never go this many majors without getting out of week 1

After the AO, we'll see how she handles the hardcourt spring. She wasnt that bad this year (SF Miami & Dubai), so it will take excellent results to move up in ranking

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4691
country flag Saraya!

Yes..but don´t forget..she was in QF Sydney and AUS OPEN last year..lot of points to defend..and last year she come #1..now she is #10..more hard Draw...I wish her all the best, and at the end she show a really good game..is it good enough? We will see..I hope from bottom of my heart.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #4692
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Yes..but don´t forget..she was in QF Sydney and AUS OPEN last year..lot of points to defend..and last year she come #1..now she is #10..more hard Draw...I wish her all the best, and at the end she show a really good game..is it good enough? We will see..I hope from bottom of my heart.
I hope so too.
The whole WTA tour is better if Caro & Petra play well, along with Serena, Maria, Vika, Aga, Kerber.
But its hard to do. Only the great players have long runs at the top.
So we'll see. Its not easy, and its been a struggle for Caro for a long while now

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #4693
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with this post completely and I have been posting less here lately for the same reasons.
REALLY?I thought that you were just busy in Washington and Colorado campaigning for the legalisation of marijuana...and didn't have spare change to use the cyber centers while on the road

All joking aside,I think that spending time here will feel more appealing in 2013 if Caro can continue the upward trend we saw at the end of this season

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #4694
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is once again one of the three nominees for Denmark's "Tennis player of the year" award. The other nominees are Frederik L. Nielsen and the Davis Cup Team. Caro has won the award five years in a row, but I guess Frederik Nielsen will be hard to beat this year: A Wimbledon doubles title and at least a semifinal at the ATP finals in London (plus Davis Cup participations)!

WTA #10 plus two WTA titles is of course very good by most standards, but it still seems a little underwhelming compared to Caro's previous years.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #4695
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Caro is once again one of the three nominees for Denmark's "Tennis player of the year" award. The other nominees are Frederik L. Nielsen and the Davis Cup Team. Caro has won the award five years in a row, but I guess Frederik Nielsen will be hard to beat this year: A Wimbledon doubles title and at least a semifinal at the ATP finals in London (plus Davis Cup participations)!

WTA #10 plus two WTA titles is of course very good by most standards, but it still seems a little underwhelming compared to Caro's previous years.
Of course doubles isn't the same as singles but I think Fredie deserves the award more than Caro for this season!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread