Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 310 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #4636
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
When i found him i will do...
Ta. I can imagine it's comments Caro made around the time of Charleston, which she ,due to top 10 restriction, wasn't allowed to defend. Those comments were then by GM posters translated into : 'Wozniacki wants to whore more MM's' ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #4637
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
In that case, I challenge you to repost here. I'd like to read that article.
God thanks, I found him
http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/03/w.../#.UJqTFW9mJAI
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4638
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ta. I can imagine it's comments Caro made around the time of Charleston, which she ,due to top 10 restriction, wasn't allowed to defend. Those comments were then by GM posters translated into : 'Wozniacki wants to whore more MM's' ..
It was like that, but for her it would be def. better to stay #11 at the end 2012..
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #4639
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was like that, but for her it would be def. better to stay #11 at the end 2012..
Well, perhaps it's also a matter of pride. The top 10 is considered the elite, and she wants to be a part of that.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4640
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, long live the whores. Without the whores and the vultures to compete in them those tournaments would cease to exist and GM-ers wouldn't have the opportunity to bitch about them on a daily basis.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #4641
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, perhaps it's also a matter of pride. The top 10 is considered the elite, and she wants to be a part of that.
No problem to be part of it in 2013..she would be more free with #111..but it is like it is..
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4642
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caroline by herself told many times, that she hate the rules for Top Ten Player´s and that she is only allowed to play two Internationals..she would play more if she is allowed...and it would be better for her...
Maybe you're right,but Caro could've just tanked her SF match in Sofia and that would've kept her at #11...though perhaps she's too professional to do that

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4643
country flag Saraya!

Yes, she is to professionell for that important loose...and Pironkova play so horrible, it was impossible to loose...
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #4644
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yes, she is to professionell for that important loose...and Pironkova play so horrible, it was impossible to loose...
I wouldn't have minded if she hadn't played Sofia at all. I really couldn't get into it because for me it's sorta a non-event. I see little point in a YEC for those that didn't make the YEC, which is what this tournament essentially is. But ok, she chose to play and anytime you choose to play you have to try your hardest in my opinion. And regardless of considerations about scheduling for next year, ending a season at #10 is better than #11, so from that perspective I guess her competing at this tournament was at least good for something.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #4645
country flag Saraya!

But it took her chances away to play a free season..certainly it´s good to be #10..but there was no problem to be #11...and she has to play Sofia..when not it would be a 0 Point Tournament for her...
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #4646
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, this is why I thought she would rather be ranked 11. More freedom in scheduling.
But its a small thing. Its important she plays the big tournaments as well as possible in 2013. Maybe a draw opens up. Things happen.

Errani & Radwanska were in 2 of the last 3 majors finals, while Caro was barely winning a match.
With the right draw she can make a run like that also
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4647
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I wouldn't have minded if she hadn't played Sofia at all. I really couldn't get into it because for me it's sorta a non-event. I see little point in a YEC for those that didn't make the YEC, which is what this tournament essentially is. But ok, she chose to play and anytime you choose to play you have to try your hardest in my opinion. And regardless of considerations about scheduling for next year, ending a season at #10 is better than #11, so from that perspective I guess her competing at this tournament was at least good for something.
Sofia looks like a big success

The 'Road to Sofia' comprised 29 tournaments on six continents, culminating in a six-day celebration of tennis in the Bulgarian capital from October 30 to November 4. Attendance at the final exceeded 7,500, with overall attendance for the week exceeding 30,000.
The field featured former World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki, former World No.3 Nadia Petrova, Roberta Vinci, Hsieh Su-Wei, Zheng Jie and Daniela Hantuchova. In addition, wildcards were awarded to Maria Kirilenko and Bulgaria's own Tsvetana Pironkova.
Wozniacki and Petrova, the Top 2 seeds, emerged from their respective round robin groups undefeated, with Petrova edging Vinci and Wozniacki defeating Pironkova in semifinal action. In Sunday's final, Petrova cruised to a 62 61 win for the 13th WTA singles title of her career.
"We are thrilled by the reception the Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions received in Sofia," said Stacey Allaster, WTA Chairman & CEO. "I experienced first-hand the excitement and interest in the event along with a world class facility and operation. With the support of great sponsors, led by Qatar Airways, committed organization by the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, and the support of the country's Ministry of Sports and the City of Sofia, this tournament was a terrific success for the WTA and the sport of tennis."
The tournament attracted 90 accredited media to Sofia, from as far away as China, and matches were broadcast to 25 countries. Host broadcaster BNT reported average daily viewership of 2.76 million households, in a country with a population of 7.4 million.
"Arena Armeec is an impressive new facility and on the weekend it's been packed, so it was really exciting to play here," Petrova said. "It helped, I think, that Tsvetana was part of the tournament, which raised awareness and will help get people involved in tennis.
"Each player was given her own locker room and personalized car and driver - we've been treated so well! And for me, winning the doubles with Maria in Istanbul and coming here to win the singles - I couldn't ask for a better end to the season. It's been perfect."
Players participated in a variety of off-court activities throughout the week. Hantuchova appeared live on Let Them Speak, a Sunday prime time chat show with an audience of 2 million. Wozniacki visited Sony partner Mtel in downtown Sofia. Pironkova met children supported by the Berbatov Foundation, a charity established by UK-based Bulgarian football star Dimitar Berbatov to foster young talent in a variety of endeavors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #4648
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
But it took her chances away to play a free season..certainly it´s good to be #10..but there was no problem to be #11...and she has to play Sofia..when not it would be a 0 Point Tournament for her...
Well, she can always say she's injured. She wouldn't be the first player to come up with that one. But she played and thus she has to try and win. I don't like the idea of someone entering a tournament and tanking because she doesn't really want to be there.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #4649
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to imagine the fury in the GM reaction if Caro dared to play one of the two new 125Ks in Taiwan and India

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4650
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Host broadcaster BNT reported average daily viewership of 2.76 million households, in a country with a population of 7.4 million.
2.8 mill people out of a 7.4 million popular is impressive numbers.

But 2.8 million households? That must be like nearly everyone in Bulgaria

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread