Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 308 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:39 AM   #4606
country flag Jens K A

Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

As expected, I haven't heard back from the tournament and they still falsely claim Wozniacki had already advanced after her second match. I'm not bothering to tell them they have a wrong winner of Petrova - Kirilenko at http://sofia-tennis.bg/en/scores.
Jens K A is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:00 AM   #4607
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Given her 2-2 H2H vs Vinci and 1-4 vs Caro,it might be wiser for Nadia to go for the win tomorrow even though she's locked in to the semis.If form holds,then Caro would face off with the local Bulgarian heroine in her Saturday match

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #4608
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Is this right? From the wta site.

The Top 2 in Group Sredets are known - Petrova and Pironkova - but the order will be determined on Friday when they play each other (the winner will be No.1 and the other will be No.2). In the semifinals, which are on Saturday, Wozniacki plays the winner of Petrova and Pironkova while Vinci plays the loser.

Wouldn't Caro play the loser and Vinci the winner? Top 1 vs Top 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Yes, I send them an e-mail about it earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Thanks, with these WTA rules you can never be certain of anything!
They've corrected it now.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:04 AM   #4609
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Caro not only didn't face a BP all day,she didn't even lose ONE SINGLE POINT on her serve! Keep on rolling,Sunshine!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #4610
country flag bruce goose

No offense intended towards Bulgaria OR Bulgarians,but they don't have much of a well-known reputation with respect to tennis...so how did the fans treat Caroline today in her match vs. the local favorite??

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #4611
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
No offense intended towards Bulgaria OR Bulgarians,but they don't have much of a well-known reputation with respect to tennis...so how did the fans treat Caroline today in her match vs. the local favorite??
They were fairly respectful. They pretty much clapped after every point in the first set. But at one point, they did clap louder after a Pironkova letcord than a Wozniacki winner, but that's pretty much expected.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #4612
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
They were fairly respectful. They pretty much clapped after every point in the first set. But at one point, they did clap louder after a Pironkova letcord than a Wozniacki winner, but that's pretty much expected.
Thanks for the report;according to what you posted,the fans shouldn't have any hard feelings towards Caro in the final

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4613
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

So, the 2012 season is over for Caro. What can we say about it?
She started the season as #1 but with limited optimism on my part because of a lot of bad results in the last half of the prior season. The start of the season was acceptable with a QF run at AO but from February to September, the high points were few and far between, like beating Serena in Miami. The unquestionable low point was her loss against Begu in 1R at USO, her favorite slam. The end of the season was somewhat better with two titles and wins over Li and Stosur but also losses against Radwanska and Kerber, players she once could handle. The 18-3 finish has upped the season from catastrophic to just disappointing and ensures her return to top 10.
And what to expect for 2013? I think Caro has halted her slide down the rankings but I don't see many signs of her intending to really develop her game like for instance Aga has done. I expect her to get a title here and there but not any of the big ones and she'll likely spend most of the season ranked in the 7-12 range.

Some stats:
Caro finishes the season in top 10 fourth year in a row.
Caro wins 50 season matches or more fifth year in a row.

Matches won to date:
Caro: 348
Aga: 348
Vika: 348
Funny, huh!?
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4614
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro had 8 top 30 wins in her last 5 tournaments of the season (Seoul through Sofia), 8 in her 1st 18 tournaments (Sydney through US Open).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #4615
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
So, the 2012 season is over for Caro. What can we say about it?....
The majors made this a bad year. Winning just 2 matches in the last 3 majors.
Right now, #1 and a slam final seem far away.
I think moderate goals is the way to think for next year.
If she can make the YEC as a starter & gets to 2 slam quarters, that would be better than 2012, and maybe thats a reachable improvement
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #4616
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So how long a vacation will Caro take? Her season ended a week later than normal and she has those exhibitions coming up which result in less potential time for training. Her serve needs a lot of work on her improved forehand such as in Moscow needs to show up more often.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #4617
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So how long a vacation will Caro take?
Think I've seen 2 weeks mentioned. The family is going to Aspen.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #4618
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Rory plays in Singapore next week (After the plan) so will she travel with him? (It was said she will go far away...)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #4619
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The majors made this a bad year. Winning just 2 matches in the last 3 majors.
Right now, #1 and a slam final seem far away.
I think moderate goals is the way to think for next year.
If she can make the YEC as a starter & gets to 2 slam quarters, that would be better than 2012, and maybe thats a reachable improvement
I agree. If she makes the YEC and ends the year ranked somewhere between five and eight I'd be reasonable happy. But it won't be easy because it's crowded up there. On the other hand, there are so many tournaments she will play next year where she can improve on this year's result (including three of the four majors) that a higher ranking is well within reach if she's anywhere close to her best.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #4620
country flag bruce goose

This would've been a crappy last match of the year even if Caro had won 2 slams;however,it will soon be forgotten if she can right her ship and begin 2013 by getting back on track in the Aussie season

Closed Thread