Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 303 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #4531
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
After the fantastic play in the Vika - Angie and Masha - Aga matches, it's tempting to ask yourself if Caro could have competed at that level right now? Personally I doubt it. She's been moving in the right direction lately but I don't think she's top 5 level atm. She may be next year if she keeps improving, we'll see.
First, its still hard to believe she's not there. She was #1 seed the last 2 YECs.
But this year was a droppoff for sure. Next year at the AO we will start finding out if she can play, and win, at that level.
Maybe she needed some time off, mentally. Its hard to stay #1 for so long.
She played a lot of long grinding matches like Kerber-Azarenka.
Maybe she will be recharged for a good year in 2013. Its an important AO for Caro. Thats where the most hardcourt points are 1st half of 2013, and she has QF points to defend
And after the last 3 majors, she needs a good one
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #4532
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
First, its still hard to believe she's not there. She was #1 seed the last 2 YECs.
But this year was a droppoff for sure. Next year at the AO we will start finding out if she can play, and win, at that level.
Maybe she needed some time off, mentally. Its hard to stay #1 for so long.
She played a lot of long grinding matches like Kerber-Azarenka.
Maybe she will be recharged for a good year in 2013. Its an important AO for Caro. Thats where the most hardcourt points are 1st half of 2013, and she has QF points to defend
And after the last 3 majors, she needs a good one
I think some of the sponsors of the event were telling themselves the same thing...
But yes, you are right, to be a no.1 takes so much effort, especially trying to stay there. From her words it seems that she was pretty exhausted after 2010 & 2011 and is quite happy about being less in the spotlight.
I think it must have been a disappointment for her not to qualify but winning Moscow and qualifying for the smaller YEC makes up for that.
I think in 2013 we will see more of the 'old' Caro. I think the decision to just stay with Piotr is paying off.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #4533
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Early in 2012 I thought maybe its good thats she's not fighting with Vika for #1. Because she had played so many long tough matches to get to #1 and stay there.

This 2012 droppoff could turn out to be a positive in Caroline's career, if she comes back strong and mentally ready, because to be at the top, you have to play a lot of these long, grueling matches.
Vika didnt win a title from IW to Beijing. But she did cycle back to be ready for the 2 big year end tournaments.
Maria also hasnt been winning titles. She played a very light schedule since FO. Skipped USO series with an illness
Its very draining to win 12 titles in 2 years, plus all the finals and semis Caro was in.

Maybe now she's ready to do it again.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4534
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

svenja_sportch
Caroline Wozniacki practiced in Biel (Switzerland) for a few days. Maybe more often in the future? http://bit.ly/RiAQsZ (via @swiss_tennis)

Caro looks great, she is really in a great shape!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4535
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro in Warsaw during her physical tests!
some cool photos

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3D107&act=url

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 25th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #4536
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

She can't be in both Warsaw and Biel ? .. But great to see her working hard. So much better than being on a golf court

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #4537
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Good too see

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #4538
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
She can't be in both Warsaw and Biel ? .. But great to see her working hard. So much better than being on a golf court
She wasn't. On the 23rd she was in Poland and today (or maybe yeasterday the article was from today) in Biel (Switzerland) so no reason to panic - she's just preparing for the new season and Sofia of course.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #4539
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
She wasn't. On the 23rd she was in Poland and today (or maybe yeasterday the article was from today) in Biel (Switzerland) so no reason to panic - she's just preparing for the new season and Sofia of course.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #4540
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOW!! I didn't even know that golf HAD "courts";golfers have typically used 'courses' from as back as I can recall.....Is this some new hybrid sport where Caroline is at the forefront?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #4541
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
WOW!! I didn't even know that golf HAD "courts";golfers have typically used 'courses' from as back as I can recall.....Is this some new hybrid sport where Caroline is at the forefront?
Everyone knows the golf community has its own special golf courts for when golf players have broken rules/laws. In this case, Rory was accused of internet piracy and Caro was in court to support him!
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=#post22358370

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Oct 26th, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #4542
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Thanks for the update
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #4543
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Everyone knows the golf community has its own special golf courts for when golf players have broken rules/laws. In this case, Rory was accused of internet piracy and Caro was in court to support him!
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=#post22358370
Ok, you two jokers, you've had your fun. The term 'golf court' is a perfectly acceptable word to use. It is also a featured search on google and several golf clubs around the world use 'golf court' in their name.

Google, ffs.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #4544
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, you two jokers, you've had your fun. The term 'golf court' is a perfectly acceptable word to use. It is also a featured search on google and several golf clubs around the world use 'golf court' in their name.

Google, ffs.
Yes,"golf court" is PERFECTLY acceptable and commonly used----by guys who are three sheets to the wind from drinking too much ale to dull the awful taste of British 'cuisine'.

Let's hope and pray that sweet Caroline can avoid the sand traps and water hazards on the tennis "courses" in Sofia

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #4545
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes,"golf court" is PERFECTLY acceptable and commonly used----by guys who are three sheets to the wind from drinking too much ale to dull the awful taste of British 'cuisine'.

Let's hope and pray that sweet Caroline can avoid the sand traps and water hazards on the tennis "courses" in Sofia
Publish a poetry book of your modern metaphors and I'll be first in line at the checkout
Closed Thread