Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 299 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #4471
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

The surface is great for both of them really. Sam can't be TOO rushed on her backhand, and Caro has time to scramble and neutralize rallies. I think it depends on how good Sam's serve is, and how deep Caroline can get her balls.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4472
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Sofia is now an 'official' punchbag: H2H 7-2 Caro.
But considering how tough their latest matches have been, Sofia doesn't feel much like a punchbag to me!
I count it as 8-1. Caro won a FedCup match against Arvidsson in 2010 that isn't counted in the Wta's stats plus I don't the Bastad retirement an actual loss given that Caro was up a set there.

I'd say the toughness of their recent matches has much to do with Caro's drop in her level of play compared to the past. For instance, Caro played a horrible match in Indian Wells against Arvidsson but still won in 3.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4473
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stosur is 55/45 favorite in my eyes.
Interestingly enough, punters have Caro as a very small fave.

GO PUNTERS GO

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4474
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The surface is great for both of them really. Sam can't be TOO rushed on her backhand, and Caro has time to scramble and neutralize rallies. I think it depends on how good Sam's serve is, and how deep Caroline can get her balls.
Maybe not by someone like Caro but I think players like Vika can still rush Stosur's backhand though. Basically someone who hits sufficiently big and or takes ball relatively early is who I have in mind.

I think that a medium pace to medium fast hard court is Caro's best surface. The court speed helps out her offensive game and her serve but the conditions aren't so fast as to prevent Caro from running down a lot of balls.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 07:00 AM   #4475
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

An important factor about Caro's game but which is rather difficult to measure from outside, is how easy she is to read. One of the reasons why Caro has been losing to Aga lately is that when Caro tries to finish off a point, Aga almost always goes to the right side and often manages to save the point. She simply KNOWS Caro, she can read her game.
I think it's also part of the reason why there was so little bite in Caro's serve in the SF yesterday. Sofia has known Caro since she was barely a teenager and I think she can often read from Caro's motion how she's going to serve, and then it's no wonder the serve doesn't make much of a dent.
A main reason why Serena's serve is so good, is that she makes the exact same motion whether she serves down the T, to the body or OOC. I think it would be a big step to get back into the top of the game, if Caro could learn to disguise her strokes better, not just on the serve but all around.

In the final today, I have hopes that Caro will get more out of her serve than she did yesterday. She hasn't played Stosur for two years and it's not my inpression that they hang out together or practice together. In short, Stosur doesn't know Caro anywhere near as well as Aga or Sofia, so I'm hoping Caro will be able to take her by surprise more often than she can her close friends.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 10:59 AM   #4476
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, same time as today and yesterday.

I just came across and article saying Rory wanted to follow Caro in Moscow but he couldn't get a visa!?
Thanks for the input here and in your following posts...some good insight in those other ones.Had already left by the time you replied,then came home late after a night with my gf...and then woke up in time to catch the 2nd half of the match but couldn't get a clear live feed for my slow PC.

As you likely already know,Caro was 2 games away from winning,on serve,in the 2nd but is now down a break in the 3rd as of this post.....Still not an insurmountable deficit,of course,and am hoping for the best

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:27 AM   #4477
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline wins her 20th title, coming back from 1-3 in set 3.
62 46 75.
A very good sign that she stayed in the match after Sam had won 6 of 7 games to turn the match around.
Caro is getting there. I think a good sign going into 2013 AO
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM   #4478
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, great week for Caro. When she's confident she plays so much better, Sam has beaten some really good players this year and she gave Azarenka a really hard time at the US, so I'm very pleased Caro managed to keep focus in that 3rd set, considering her poor record this year in 3 sets matches, winning 3 of them this week is a really good sign. Glad she didn't have to play a tie break

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4479
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Yes, great week for Caro. When she's confident she plays so much better, Sam has beaten some really good players this year and she gave Azarenka a really hard time at the US, so I'm very pleased Caro managed to keep focus in that 3rd set, considering her poor record this year in 3 sets matches, winning 3 of them this week is a really good sign. Glad she didn't have to play a tie break
I think you are speaking for all of us.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM   #4480
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post

Me too, I think my nerves would be able not take the tiebreak after 2hr of this
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4481
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Now the BIG Question, will she play in Sofia, now she can get back into TOP 10?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM   #4482
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
The even bigger question is, what exactly are the rules?

If she is qualified and doesn't play, will she then get a zero pointer?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4483
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Could only catch live scores for the finale and noticed that Stosur fired an ace on that 1st MP...but then Caroline closed it out right afterwards.Indeed,regardless of her Sofia decision,it's hard to imagine that this Moscow win WOULDN'T help Caroline,at least SOMEhow,as she moves toward 2013

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4484
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
In her speech she said "a nice way to end the year"... ?
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM   #4485
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I can't find the quote but I'm sure she recently said that if she didn't qualify for the YEC that she would be playing in Sofia. It was fairly recently, if you dig through the "articles and interviews" thread I'm sure you will find it.

I'm assuming that she will be playing there.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread