Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 296 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #4426
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Have to be realistic.
---
Of course it would be better if she wins these 2 titles, then makes a great run in Melbourne.
I want to stay unrealistic then

Winning two Int is 560 points and $75k .. Frankly, peanuts for a girl who's made .. $40 mill or so in prize money and endorsement deals .. I'd personally prefer a Slam QF to winning 2 Internationals ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4427
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Winning two Int is 560 points and $75k .. Frankly, peanuts for a girl who's made .. $40 mill or so in prize money and endorsement deals .. I'd personally prefer a Slam QF to winning 2 Internationals ..
She's done both. I'd like to see 2010-11 results, and maybe playing Intls could help her find some confidence and get the right rhythm for her game, for when she steps into deeper waters
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #4428
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I beg to differ Having a good run at a slam brings less spotlight than actually winning tournaments. The person who got beaten at the tournament at some point is usually forgotten the next day. The wins of trophies aren't. Having said that, I don't mean she shouldn't aim for more than Intl events.
I don't consider such events to be 'MM' like GM trolls often put it,however, they serve or I guess should serve as a starting point for a player of Caro's level. After a few wins there hopefully she'll fine-tunes her game well enough to go for bigger trophies as well.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #4429
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
If the players don't understand how the ranking system works what hope do the fans have?
I think the fans should have a better understanding than the players on how the rankings work. I wouldn't dream of asking a player a technical question on something like the rankings. We seem to have more time to waste on message boards etc. to look those things up ourselves.

I don't think players should get into what ifs about their rankings at all. If they do well and win tournamnts - the ranking will follow and take care of itself. Players need to concentrate on things they do - their job. And that's their matches.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #4430
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
If the players don't understand how the ranking system works what hope do the fans have?
Could be completely mistaken here,but I suspect that any top player's team--unless that top player is a REAL idiot(and there've been a couple)--has either a modestly-paid assistant or friend of the manager who keeps stats both for on-court performances AND relevant ranking info so that the player needn't use a calculator.I'd be really surprised if Caro missed out on an opportunity by failing to compete in a tourney when she was still eligible for YEC

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #4431
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I think the fans should have a better understanding than the players on how the rankings work. I wouldn't dream of asking a player a technical question on something like the rankings. We seem to have more time to waste on message boards etc. to look those things up ourselves.
I prefer the ATP system where the ranking order of the most important events is much easier to figure out for the casual fans, and even for diehards.

-1 Grand Slams
-2 YEC
-3 Masters 1000
-4 Masters 500
-5 Masters 250

The WTA should do the same, or something similar and get rid of their premier mandatorys, premier fives, internationals and whatever other silly names they thought of for their tournaments that nobody can make heads or tails of.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #4432
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

It's a bit nerdy I agree but with a little effort you can manage. Let's have a look at #9 to #11 - here is the actual ranking stripped for YEC, Moscau and with their 17th result included instead of a zero in Moscau. Bartoli and Stosur have 120 and Caroline 125 included. That means they have to do more than these points - reaching the quarterfinal -to add points in Moscau to the rankings. Caroline is placed like this:

9 Samantha Stosur 3920
10 Marion Bartoli 3740
11 Caroline Wozniacki 3340

Caroline can't reach the 10th spot before YEC, but maybe she can get the rest in Sofia. Sofia gives 375 points to the winner + either 25 points for a lost game or 35 for a win. SO if she wins all matches in Sofia she will get 375+105-125(17th)=355 points. The 10th spot in the rankings also add a yearend bonus. She can hope that Bartoli is stopped in the quarter final in Moscau or she can do it herself in the semi. ANd then she has to hope that Bartoli won't play in Istanbul.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #4433
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
It's a bit nerdy I agree but with a little effort you can manage.
Honestly,stat keeping didn't seem nearly as dorky back when Caroline was racking up the achievements(sigh...)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4434
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

So far so good - Bartoli lost today and that means no extra points, no points in Istanbul as she stays as second alternate, so now it's up to Caroline to show her worth. If she plays at her best she will end at the 10th spot at yearend.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4435
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light

The WTA has announced that Petrova and Vinci have qualified for Sofia and that Kirilenko and Pironkova are the two wildcards. They say that the final four slots will be determined by this week's play. How is it that Caroline has not qualified?
AlanP is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4436
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
So far so good - Bartoli lost today and that means no extra points, no points in Istanbul as she stays as second alternate, so now it's up to Caroline to show her worth. If she plays at her best she will end at the 10th spot at yearend.
Caro needs to win Moscow and then either make it to the final of Sofia undefeated in round robin play or win Sofia (round robin losses don't matter) in order to finish the year at #10.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #4437
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanP View Post
The WTA has announced that Petrova and Vinci have qualified for Sofia and that Kirilenko and Pironkova are the two wildcards. They say that the final four slots will be determined by this week's play. How is it that Caroline has not qualified?
I think if Serena doesnt go to Istanbul and Caro goes as an alternate, she might not go to Bulgaria.
I think if she plays in Istanbul, even one match, she's not allowed to play at the other YEC
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #4438
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

She may not goto Sofia if she's an alt in YEC, but ithink she can play more matches in Turkey and still play in Sofia... as long she's an ALT there...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4439
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

BTW; I has been thinking... If she plays in Sofia she keeps her commitments in 2012, don't she get a big Bonus as the 2011 YE No. 1 player now?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #4440
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light AlanP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
She may not goto Sofia if she's an alt in YEC, but ithink she can play more matches in Turkey and still play in Sofia... as long she's an ALT there...
According tho the WTA rules for Sofia:

"The final two singles alternates in the Premier WTA Championships are eligible to play the tournament even if they participate in matches in the Premier WTA Championships."
AlanP is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread