Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 292 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #4366
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Caro is exactly 400 points behind Marion Bartoli in the race for last YEC alternate.

Assuming Caroline wins Moscow and collects those 470 points (Her currently 16 result must be rather low?), how far would Marion need to go in Moscow to ensure her net new points (earned in Moscow - current 16th best) takes her out of Caro's reach ..

Anyone has a clue?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #4367
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Caro is exactly 400 points behind Marion Bartoli in the race for last YEC alternate.

Assuming Caroline wins Moscow and collects those 470 points (Her currently 16 result must be rather low?), how far would Marion need to go in Moscow to ensure her net new points (earned in Moscow - current 16th best) takes her out of Caro's reach ..

Anyone has a clue?
Sorry for my ignorance on this,TF66,but is this really a relevant issue for Caroline??Because of Moscow's poor placement on the schedule,top players have regularly been forsaking it to rest for YEC,so I'll grant you that that increases Caro's odds of winning a Premier again,finally.....but she would still need TWO players to bow out of YEC to get any court time....or are you only looking at the fact that she'd at least have a presence in Istanbul if she were an alternate??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4368
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Sorry for my ignorance on this,TF66,but is this really a relevant issue for Caroline??Because of Moscow's poor placement on the schedule,top players have regularly been forsaking it to rest for YEC,so I'll grant you that that increases Caro's odds of winning a Premier again,finally.....but she would still need TWO players to bow out of YEC to get any court time....or are you only looking at the fact that she'd at least have a presence in Istanbul if she were an alternate??
I don't know if it's relevant for Caro or not, but going from her comments, she's heading to Moscow with the ambition of winning the tournament and perhaps make it back into top 10 ..

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1842315.ece

So, I was just wondering, if anyone was on top of the detailed road to a re-entry into top 10 (and the last alternate spot at the YEC).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #4369
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Anyone has a clue?
Well, Marion is defending 280 pts from Osaka + 120 from Moscow. She'd need to do quite well in Moscow as she is not playing Osaka this year, which I guess means she is 280 pts short already. She's got 4010 pts so far.
Caro has 3585 points so if she won the event in Moscow and won/had a good run in smaller YEC she'd be back in top 10. Fingers crossed.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #4370
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Numbers to be read as: Last ranking + - 16th 17th
10 BARTOLI, MARION FRA 4010 450 280 125 120
11 WOZNIACKI, CAROLINE DEN 3585 140 0 175 125

Actual ranking with Osaka stripped and 17th result added - goes only for Marian as Caroline didn't play this week last year.

10 BARTOLI, MARION FRA 4010 - 280 + 120 = 3850
11 WOZNIACKI, CAROLINE DEN 3585

Difference 3850-3585=265 so YES Caroline has a big chance as she didn't play Moscau
Marion gains points IF she earns more than 120 points in Moscau
Caroline gains points IF she earns more than 125 points in Moscau

So by winning she'll get 470-125=345 points - get it? Then there is the YEC where Caro has points to defend - 370 in fact and Bartoli 230. Caro can still earn 375 points in Sofia.

Last edited by Hoergren : Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #4371
country flag TennisFan66

^Thank you very much!!

" You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hoergren again. "

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #4372
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know if it's relevant for Caro or not, but going from her comments, she's heading to Moscow with the ambition of winning the tournament and perhaps make it back into top 10 ..

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1842315.ece

So, I was just wondering, if anyone was on top of the detailed road to a re-entry into top 10 (and the last alternate spot at the YEC).
Well,I'm all in favor of Caro's getting whatever victories might help her--even Int. titles like Seoul--but she's only ranked #11 so I don't see where climbing one solitary notch to #10 will be any sort of confidence or psychological boost for 2013.She's so close to the 10th spot as it is that I can't imagine where she'd feel vastly inferior to Marion just because of a slight points deficit.To me,the bigger goal is to reach the top FIVE again and stay among the elite players as she did for so long

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #4373
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Ranking will take care of itself. I can't get excited about it and am not really interested in the arithmetic. But winning Moscow would be good. She should really try to win this. When she was #1 and holding 10 titles - she wasn't thinking of #1 ranking. She ws going all out to win each tournament she entered and winning those cups is what she was fighting for and enjoyed.

When she got to #1 and when she regained #1 after Kim took it for a week - both times she went on to win the tournament she was playing even though to regain it she didn't need to go all the way in those tournaments.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #4374
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Numbers to be read as: Last ranking + - 16th 17th
10 BARTOLI, MARION FRA 4010 450 280 125 120
11 WOZNIACKI, CAROLINE DEN 3585 140 0 175 125

Actual ranking with Osaka stripped and 17th result added - goes only for Marian as Caroline didn't play this week last year.

10 BARTOLI, MARION FRA 4010 - 280 + 120 = 3850
11 WOZNIACKI, CAROLINE DEN 3585

Difference 3850-3585=265 so YES Caroline has a big chance as she didn't play Moscau
Marion gains points IF she earns more than 120 points in Moscau
Caroline gains points IF she earns more than 125 points in Moscau

So by winning she'll get 470-125=345 points - get it? Then there is the YEC where Caro has points to defend - 370 in fact and Bartoli 230. Caro can still earn 375 points in Sofia.
Thanks for the explanation. I did not realise it was this complicated.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #4375
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Well,I'm all in favor of Caro's getting whatever victories might help her--even Int. titles like Seoul--but she's only ranked #11 so I don't see where climbing one solitary notch to #10 will be any sort of confidence or psychological boost for 2013.She's so close to the 10th spot as it is that I can't imagine where she'd feel vastly inferior to Marion just because of a slight points deficit.To me,the bigger goal is to reach the top FIVE again and stay among the elite players as she did for so long
I suppose there are different subjects involved and you can make a case pro and con on a number of these.

Both 10 and 11 are in same seed level (9-12). No difference.

Top 10 gives restrictions in your schedule, but also awards a year end bonus, if you follow said schedule. #11 is no restrictions and no bonus. Sorta like starting 11th on the grid in F1. You can chose your own tires

Commercially, I am sure TA would like her in Istanbul rather in Sofia and promoting a competing airline. There's probably also some sort of bonus for Caro, if she makes it to YEC (even just as 2nd alternate).

Further, winning Moscow would make a miserable season less miserable.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #4376
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

From looking at Caro's recent tweets, she really enjoys being at golf tournaments, and would probably be better off finishing at #11 and having more freedom in her scheduling.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #4377
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Top 10 gives restrictions in your schedule, but also awards a year end bonus, if you follow said schedule. #11 is no restrictions and no bonus. Sorta like starting 11th on the grid in F1. You can chose your own tires
Was surprised that Goldenlox didn't put the negative spin on this earlier but,as we can see above,it eventually came out.

I can picture two reasons why Caroline would prefer 11 to 10;the first would be Goldenlox's fave,that she just didn't care to raise her ranking(or level of play),and the 2nd would be that she wanted that flexibility in her schedule that you mentioned

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #4378
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was surprised that Goldenlox didn't put the negative spin on this earlier but,as we can see above,it eventually came out.

I can picture two reasons why Caroline would prefer 11 to 10;the first would be Goldenlox's fave,that she just didn't care to raise her ranking(or level of play),and the 2nd would be that she wanted that flexibility in her schedule that you mentioned
Stop trying to read my mind. I read enough of people with your views in GM, that Caro was never winning a major with a style that had aleready gotten her to a slam final, YEC final, 3 slam semis and 5 tier I titles.
I know you're all full of yourself now that Caro has dropped down, but leave reading my mind out of your bullshit

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #4379
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Stop trying to read my mind. I read enough of people with your views in GM, that Caro was never winning a major with a style that had aleready gotten her to a slam final, YEC final, 3 slam semis and 5 tier I titles.
I know you're all full of yourself now that Caro has dropped down, but leave reading my mind out of your bullshit
What a stupid,immature response!Why don't you stop and read your sig and then take your own advice...unless they were just empty words you felt like putting there.

Aye NEVER predicted that Caro wasn't going to win a Slam back in 2009-2011,so how could I take any credit for her not winning--or be 'full of myself'?You seem to asininely imply that I'm somehow HAPPY that Caro didn't win a Slam,even though I've spent a good while defending her from the constant carping from YOU that the Apocalypse has hit on her career.Why on earth would you even bitch and whine when someone suggested that her style had its limits when there is plenty of evidence to support that??Is it only because your pride is hurt since you predicted that she WOULD win(in THIS case,I'm genuinely asking because I can't see WHY the doubts would bother you.In MY view,it should bother you more AS A FAN that Caroline is struggling...rather than expending so much pointless energy trying to justify her old style.Personally,I care more about Caroline as a PERSON than I do about rationalizing her playing style)??

You make it sound as if it were a rock-solid bet that Caro would win a Slam with that passive style,which is also pretty stupid given that she had LESS Slam success than Dinara...someone who is less grounded than Caro in terms of mental strength...which is something you NEVER addressed,btw.For that matter,that passive style has brought MANY players to slam semis and finals yet has very rarely yielded the big title itself,so there is ample logic for why folks would have doubts that Caro would clear that final hurdle.The fact that ill-intentioned Caro-bashers jumped on the no-slam bandwagon doesn't automatically,forensically disprove the assertion--even a pathological liar can tell the truth sometimes

On principle,your displeasure with arrogant mind-reading is understandable,but it doesn't apply here b/c you've said on countless occasions--as if you were getting paid per post--how Caro doesn't care and that her future is doomed,so no mind-reading was necessary,was it?....Like I said,if you REALLY believe your sig,then why don't you try living up to it

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4380
country flag goldenlox

Quote:

You make it sound as if it were a rock-solid bet that Caro would win a Slam with that passive style,which is also pretty stupid given that she had LESS Slam success than Dinara..... it
I didnt know what would happen, but I know Caro was 21 last year when she was #1.
Safina was 22 the 1st time she reached a slam final. Then got to 2 more, then had back problems that drove her off the tour.

The comparison is nonsense, like just like your other bullshit

Closed Thread