Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 280 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #4186
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
TompaSthlmOpen Thomas Johansson
Tough match for @CaroWozniacki today against @ARadwanska in Tokyo but she is definitely on the right track!
I cannot help but wonder, what track that exactly is ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4187
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its not all gloom and doom. And its not what it used to be.
She's been pretty much at the same level this past 12 months.
To me, Li is not a breakthru win when she beat Serena this year.
You want to look at Seoul as a breakthru, thats opinion either way. There were no top 10's there, and she won it
We'll see if it was a breakthru and she's better now, when she goes to Beijing
I think there's a big difference between the win against Li and the win against Serena. Caro actually played reasonably well against Serena and horribly against Li.

Caro played a good level of tennis in Seoul as opposed to the general awful level in Tokyo. Tokyo was the 1st tournament where Caro beat 3 top 3 players since 2011 Indian Wells (the last time with the top 40 was 2012 Miami).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Sep 27th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4188
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she won that match, she would have had a bye in Beijing.
That will be an interesting draw. Possible that Vika withdraws, and that Serena plays
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #4189
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4190
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If she won that match, she would have had a bye in Beijing.
That will be an interesting draw. Possible that Vika withdraws, and that Serena plays
Serena & Venus have already WD

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #4191
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Someone should tweet him and find out.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #4192
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently Serena's withdrawal is all but official so I'm pretty sure she won't be there.

Vika is likely to retire, maybe she'll play 1-2 rounds before dropping out but I don't think she'll be very much committed to this, her focus will be on the YEC.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #4193
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd be only happy if he meant stop to trying to change Caro into a BBB. But with his opinions he already expressed I'm not so sure that is the plan
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #4194
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I'd be only happy if he meant stop to trying to change Caro into a BBB. But with his opinions he already expressed I'm not so sure that is the plan
Well, I think she definitely needs more pop on her forehand. That has nothing to do with becoming a ball basher (brainless or otherwise) but she should at least be able to put away midcourt balls with that forehand. Players like Radwanska, Jankovic or Kerber who are hardly big hitters are able to do it while with Caro the opponent more often than not still has a play on the ball. She puts the ball into the right spots of the court, she just needs an extra 10% of power from that side.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4195
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I think she definitely needs more pop on her forehand. That has nothing to do with becoming a ball basher (brainless or otherwise) but she should at least be able to put away midcourt balls with that forehand. Players like Radwanska, Jankovic or Kerber who are hardly big hitters are able to do it while with Caro the opponent more often than not still has a play on the ball. She puts the ball into the right spots of the court, she just needs an extra 10% of power from that side.
I thought that was a lot of the reason behind Caro's reduced string tension. Have they gone away from that?

Does the new Yonex racquet Caro's been using at least some of the time in Tokyo factor into this?
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #4196
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I thought that was a lot of the reason behind Caro's reduced string tension. Have they gone away from that?
I wonder about that as well. I could clearly see the difference in that Wimbledon match against Paszek, but in Tokio I didn't notice any of that.

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #4197
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I fully agree her Forehand need more work than anything that and she need too come inside the baseline more often, but that Forehand, I don't know if it the Racquet or what, to me she had more pop when she had the Babolat racquet, but during offseason she need too train hard for 2013

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #4198
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I thought everything needs work after this Aga loss.
Her baseline game wasnt strong. She couldnt hold serve late in either sets.
This was not a good effort. But typical, because both sets were close. Thats normal the last 12 months. She's in the match, but a flurry of errors and a loss.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4199
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I thought everything needs work after this Aga loss.
Her baseline game wasnt strong. She couldnt hold serve late in either sets.
This was not a good effort. But typical, because both sets were close. Thats normal the last 12 months. She's in the match, but a flurry of errors and a loss.
I think the serve is the part of her game that has actually improved a bit, at least the first serve. The fact that her problems always occur at key moments tells me that the problem is more mental than the result of her service action itself.

I have mixed feelings about todays match. I think Caro played very well at certain moments and poorly at others. The fact that the late 2011/2012 version of Radwanska is a better player than the one Caro always used to beat also played it's part. Even so, I wonder what would have happened if Caroline hadn't missed that smash.

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4200
country flag Trey

Quote:
I think the serve is the part of her game that has actually improved a bit, at least the first serve. The fact that her problems always occur at key moments tells me that the problem is more mental than the result of her service action itself.

I have mixed feelings about todays match. I think Caro played very well at certain moments and poorly at others. The fact that the late 2011/2012 version of Radwanska is a better player than the one Caro always used to beat also played it's part. Even so, I wonder what would have happened if Caroline hadn't missed that smash.
I Fully agree with Chrissie I think Caro just need too work some more on her Forehand more than anything and Come in More, But overall Her Serve has Gotten better and I think it mostly Mental as well

Closed Thread