Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 279 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #4171
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Though I understand the reserved celebration over the Seoul title,back-to-back wins over Li and Aga might signify a sort of breakthrough by Caro,right?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #4172
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though I understand the reserved celebration over the Seoul title,back-to-back wins over Li and Aga might signify a sort of breakthrough by Caro,right?
I for one am very happy with her win in Seoul and her showing in Tokio. It's the best she's done this year, and while one can always dwell on the negative, there's no point in being a fan if we can't enjoy it when she's doing well.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #4173
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

If someone makes a HL video of the CaroLiNa match showing only the winners, Caro winning the match must look a bit odd!
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #4174
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
If someone makes a HL video of the CaroLiNa match showing only the winners, Caro winning the match must look a bit odd!
Oddly brilliant you mean.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #4175
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

That was awful, that was just like her whole year.
She makes bad errors at key moments.
I want to see her win more than an Intl with this style. Though it night never happen
The Wozniacki of late 2010 early 2011, I think, wins this easily.
This Wozniacki cant wait to give a match like this away.
She ought to be embarrassed by that point she lost at 3-4 break point 2nd set when she missed the short overhead. Just win the point, dont try to be cute
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4176
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it stinks that Caroline lost today but I do think that heading in to the tournament most of us would have been happy if we were guaranteed that she made the quarters beating Na Li to get there. In Seoul she won her first title of the year. In Tokyo she had her first top ten win of the year. These accomplishments pale compared to what she did in 2010-2011 but it is progress (of a sort).

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #4177
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't count Seoul as much of progress, it's comparable to Copenhagen this year if you ask me. She played well there as well, the difference being that Seoul had no Kerber waiting in the finals. Beating scrubs at Internationals was never Caro's problem.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #4178
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Of course it stinks that Caroline lost today but I do think that heading in to the tournament most of us would have been happy if we were guaranteed that she made the quarters beating Na Li to get there. In Seoul she won her first title of the year. In Tokyo she had her first top ten win of the year. These accomplishments pale compared to what she did in 2010-2011 but it is progress (of a sort).
Caro's level of tennis was awful this week and a definite regression from Seoul. I don't think we should be happy about that.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #4179
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I honestly can't count Seoul as much of progress, it's comparable to Copenhagen this year if you ask me. She played well there as well, the difference being that Seoul had no Kerber waiting in the finals. Beating scrubs at Internationals was never Caro's problem.
Agreed. This is no progress. Li can lose to anyone. Its the way she was routined by Aga.
This style just makes her a weaker player. Its more of the same. You cant give away the most important points in a match.
Its why she only gets to finals in Intls. This is over 13 months now, with only Intl for finals. From a player who was #1 for 2010, 2011.
The crazy part is: she did this to herself. Self inflicted wound, that might be the rest of her career

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #4180
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The crazy part is: she did this to herself. Self inflicted wound, that might be the rest of her career
Which has now become 'death by a 1000 cuts' to us following her ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #4181
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Her FH & Serve Need to be Work On ASAP be I can't be too mad because she could lost too Na Li or the first round here but she lost too someone rank higher then her atm I still say Tj not the right coach for her but we see

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #4182
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

let's be all negative and say how she would never be the one we were cheering for etc. etc. this will help us to keep hoping and her believing in herself

I can't take it anymore, but the "it's the end of the world" atmosphere here it's just stupid

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #4183
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy about her first top 10 win of the season. I watched part of the second set and she was not bad. Was it not for a missed smash when she had AD at 4-3 I think she would be able to force a third and then who knows what could have happened. I agree it's stupid to create a doom-and-gloom atmosphere after she's won a first title and scored a first top-10 win in ages.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4184
country flag goldenlox

Its not all gloom and doom. And its not what it used to be.
She's been pretty much at the same level this past 12 months.
To me, Li is not a breakthru win when she beat Serena this year.
You want to look at Seoul as a breakthru, thats opinion either way. There were no top 10's there, and she won it
We'll see if it was a breakthru and she's better now, when she goes to Beijing

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #4185
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

TompaSthlmOpen Thomas Johansson
Tough match for @CaroWozniacki today against @ARadwanska in Tokyo but she is definitely on the right track!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread