Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #4156
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree, but I think I'm the only Hingis fan here, so I don't think many here will like that idea. But to she (or her mum) has always sounded like a logical candidate to be her coach or to at least advise her a bit.
Martina H is one of my true loves, along with Martina N, Justine, Virginia Wade and Yvonne Goolagong.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #4157
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Martina H is one of my true loves, along with Martina N, Justine, Virginia Wade and Yvonne Goolagong.

Can Hingis coach though? Or does her ego get in the way?
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #4158
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I guess it is too early for some HL or video uploads right? uni studies made me miss the match
HL video on the WTA site now. It mostly shows the BPs, sadly, not the good points.
http://www.wtatennis.com/video/20120...256553_2930870
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4159
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post

Can Hingis coach though? Or does her ego get in the way?
That's always possible, but the same would be true if one employs another great from the past. On the other hand, Hingis' pride might motivate her to achieve something great with Caroline. And it wouldn't necessarily have to be Martina - Melanie Molitor would be just as good.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #4160
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Cool.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #4161
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think she'll get into the top eight, but she might get in if one of them gets injured or sick.
She can still get there if she's had a great run during the Asian swing. If she adds Moscow and has a good run there she should have enough points. Well,even if she takes part at the 'smaller' YEC this year it's encouraging to see her improve and finally be able to beat all levels of competition.
In General Morons the thread about this match has almost 3 times as many entries as a thread about Azarenka's match and many old haters are back on her case so that clearly means improvement
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #4162
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
during the Match one of the tennis commentators said it might be a good idea during offseason too visit Mouratoglou and work with Hingis and Mouratoglou for a while and get tips, what U guy think. I think It be a good idea
I think that would end up similarly as it did with Ricardo Sanchez. As far as Hingis is concerned, she's shown quite a contempt for her game. She would probably try to remake Caro's game to her own. But Hingis herself struggled with the big hitters so I doubt that she'll be able to help Caro much when it comes to competing with the likes of WS or Sharapova.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #4163
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's always possible, but the same would be true if one employs another great from the past. On the other hand, Hingis' pride might motivate her to achieve something great with Caroline. And it wouldn't necessarily have to be Martina - Melanie Molitor would be just as good.
True, hence why I ask if she does/can coach... Not many can/do. Great player doesn't guarantee being a great coach. Tactical advisor would seem a better role?

No denying she has a large personality.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4164
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I think that would end up similarly as it did with Ricardo Sanchez. As far as Hingis is concerned, she's shown quite a contempt for her game. She would probably try to remake Caro's game to her own. But Hingis herself struggled with the big hitters so I doubt that she'll be able to help Caro much when it comes to competing with the likes of WS or Sharapova.
Hingis struggling with the big hitters is somewhat of a myth. Check out her stats against them. But that's OT for here. And remember that Martina N. suffered a rather dibelitating foot injury, and sued her footware supplier, who settled out of court. Fair is fair, and context is important. Back to Caro OK?
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #4165
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro seems to have developed a habit in Asia: if a match goes the distance, she wins the last set 6-4.
I guess a girl could have worse habits.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #4166
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

So happy for Caro! The point she won to save the first BP in the last game of the match was amazing

I hope she will beat Aga tomorrow
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #4167
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
... I think I'm the only Hingis fan here
No you're not.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4168
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, everyone struggles (and struggled) with the likes of the WS or Sharapova, but she nevertheless had a respectable h2h against all of them (11-10 vs Venus, 6-7 vs Serena, 1-2 vs Sharapova).

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #4169
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Have shot stats been ratified recently then? It's my understanding is that what a shot is counted as varies from country to country, tournament to tournament, and statistician to statistician... Thats why I always have to smile when fans break down sport into stats...

However, that's my understanding too regarding unreturned serves.
From what I've read (can't remember where now), stats like unforced errors and service winners are very subjective, and definitions vary from tournament to tournament. One of the slams (the Australian, I believe) never counts an unreturned serve as an unforced error, even if it's a cream puff 2nd serve. The writer compared UEs to assists in basketball. The joke was that John Stockton, the NBA's all-time assist leader, got twice as many assists on his home court based on the hometown "official" scorer.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #4170
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
From what I've read (can't remember where now), stats like unforced errors and service winners are very subjective, and definitions vary from tournament to tournament. One of the slams (the Australian, I believe) never counts an unreturned serve as an unforced error, even if it's a cream puff 2nd serve. The writer compared UEs to assists in basketball. The joke was that John Stockton, the NBA's all-time assist leader, got twice as many assists on his home court based on the hometown "official" scorer.
Quoting myself here, but give me a break because I'm new here
The stats I'd like to see are:
# balls long
# balls wide
# balls into net
# balls unreturned (winners against whether ball touched raquet or not)
# balls in play (players like Caro, Aga, and Eranni would probably shine here)
# balls in play per point (this could be deduced from above stats)

I think having these numbers would give you a pretty good idea of what happened in match. Plus, no subjectivity. Also would like to see game-by-game sequential results (I.e., break or hold for each game like the baseball scoreboard). I've seen this on the tennis channel recently.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread