Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 274 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4096
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Caro's been in 1 final this year, and 4 semi's. It hasn't exactly been a disaster. She had a ton of points to defend. Considering that she hurt her wrist in Sydney, ankle in Copenhagen and knee in Eastbourne in a year she's retooling her game, it really isn't that bad. C'mon guys and gals, look at it just a bit dispassionately.
Personally I've just found it all very tough to take this year - she's gone so long without a title and yet she was winning P5s and PMs them on the trot before.

Anyway - right now is not the time for that. I'm just so happy for her win at Seoul. Hoping she'll play well at Tokyo.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #4097
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Personally I've just found it all very tough to take this year - she's gone so long without a title and yet she was winning P5s and PMs them on the trot before.

Anyway - right now is not the time for that. I'm just so happy for her win at Seoul. Hoping she'll play well at Tokyo.
After a disappointing season like this one we should appreciate a tournament win even more than we otherwise would. It's so easy to take success for granted, but each win is an achievement, even if it's 'only' an international. All these girls can play irrespective of ranking. Great to see Caroline lift throphee number nineteen.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4098
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

OK, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and those in between, here are my homemade stats:

1st set Forehand: Caro 2W, 7 UE. Kaia 4W, 15 UE. Backhand Caro 3W, 7 UE. Kaia: 1W, 5 UE.
2nd set Forehand: Caro 4W, 2 UE. Kaia2W, 4UE. Backhand Caro 1W, 0 UE Kaia 1W 5 UE.

Caro pinned Kaia constently to the baseline with hard heavy shots every time Kaia tried to sneak in. She mixed speeds really well, especially with her forehand, and she returned serve exceptionally well. The number of winners Caro hit is deceiving, because she hit a lot that Kaia barely got her racquet on.

I just hope today gave Caro confidence in her forehand. This was practice Caro playing a match.

I'm just afraid she'll forget all about it tomorrow.

Here are a couple of graphics they threw up on the screen.

1 set Caro's shot distribution:

Her return of serve at 2-0 in the second set:

manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #4099
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

This is the 12th time Caro has won as the #1 seed in a tournament.

Korea is the 10th different country she has won a title in.

Kanepi is the 3rd player Caro has beaten twice in a final. Vesnina and Zvonareva are the other two.

This is the fewest games Caro has lost in a final. Her previous record was 2 games against Dushevina in the 2008 Stockholm final.

I'm really glad Caro continued her 4 year streak of winning at least 1 wta singles title.

Congrats Caro on winning your 1st title of the year and 19th of your career!!!
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #4100
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw for Caro. Hopefully she continues her form and momentum from Seoul into this tournament.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4101
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Long matches against Makarova & this one.
Most players dont play an Intl before 2 Tier I's, but Caro is scrambling to get to Istanbul

This will test her fitness. But certainly good to see a winning streak. Already by far her longest in 2012
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #4102
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Long matches against Makarova & this one.
Most players dont play an Intl before 2 Tier I's, but Caro is scrambling to get to Istanbul

This will test her fitness. But certainly good to see a winning streak. Already by far her longest in 2012
Korea has been on Caro's calendar since the beginning of the year. It wasn't some 'spur of the moment' decision, why the reason for playing Korea 'to scramble to Istanbul' is .. pardon me, Golden, but bull.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #4103
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I think playing Korea was largely a business decision, it was rumored that the new sponsor shed out a lot of money to attract good players.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #4104
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Korea was planned. But its still a scramble to get to istanbul, probably as a reserve.
She didnt win more than 4 matches in a row all year, so this is an accomplishment, even if she's not playing any top 20 players, still 6 wins in a row

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4105
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This guy are saying Caro changed her racket model from Vcore 100S to Vcore XI 100!

avatunkk
Wow!!!!!! @CaroWozniacki change her racket from "Yonex Vcore 100S" to " Yonex Vcore XI 100" time to buy a new one.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #4106
country flag Protoss

Is this new racquet she's supposedly using a new or upcoming racquet from Yonex? I'm wondering if it might just be a paint job on her old stick.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #4107
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Is this new racquet she's supposedly using a new or upcoming racquet from Yonex? I'm wondering if it might just be a paint job on her old stick.
You mean the old Babolat with a Yonex paint job?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4108
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I`ve heard that the rackets of the top players are taylor-made models anyways that are painted to look like the ones you can buy in a store.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #4109
country flag goldenlox

Thats something players have to look at their whole careers. Best racket/string combination for them.
The technology changes. If you watch old tennis tapes, in 1980 USO SF Connors was using T-2000 & McEnroe used wood.
In 1984 USO SF Connors & McEnore both had oversized rackets.

Now the recent technology is strings, and some strings go better with some rackets (like Babolat & their synth)

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #4110
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You mean the old Babolat with a Yonex paint job?
No, I meant her Yonex she was using at least prior to this tournament.
Closed Thread