Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 273 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #4081
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Just browsed the live score thread and looked at the stats. I so want to be a positive, optimistic little rosy bunny cheerleader .. but I can't
I'm afraid I have to agree. Looking at the stats this week, all her usual problems are still there, her opponents have just been too weak to take advantage of them.

Winning the title would be good for her confidence for sure but I don't see any indication that her style of play is actually improving. She won't beat Top 10 players playing like this and that's what's needed if she wants to get back into the Top 10.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM   #4082
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Having read the comment it must have been a hell of a match. Too bad I missed it.
Anyway, I am now looking forward to the final against Kanepi. She'll be a big test for Caro and if she beats her it'll be a sweet revenge for RG.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4083
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think it was improvement. She has been losing close matches all year. It's a confidence boost to actually win one over a tricky opponent. She could have easily lost this, so take some positives from it. I think she should stick to her game against Kanepi and be aggressive when she can. oh, and keep the % of first serves high.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #4084
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I'm afraid I have to agree. Looking at the stats this week, all her usual problems are still there, her opponents have just been too weak to take advantage of them.

Winning the title would be good for her confidence for sure but I don't see any indication that her style of play is actually improving. She won't beat Top 10 players playing like this and that's what's needed if she wants to get back into the Top 10.
The good thing is that she's heading into Tokyo, Beijing. So if she's not improved she has no chance at a title. She won both of those and then was in the YEC final with Kim. Clearly the 2 best players the 2nd half of 2010.
Caroline was a young star on the rise then.
This is only 2 years later, and I am looking forward to see how she handles this final & these Tier I's
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4085
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrows final is hard to call. They're both trying to get back in the grove: Caro after months of bad play, Kanepi after months of no play. Still, if Caro can play two full sets at the same level she did the last part of the Makarova match, I think our girl will be victorious.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:55 AM   #4086

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope winning Seoul means that Caro is no longer just a shadow of her former self.

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4087
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Tomorrows final is hard to call. They're both trying to get back in the grove: Caro after months of bad play, Kanepi after months of no play. Still, if Caro can play two full sets at the same level she did the last part of the Makarova match, I think our girl will be victorious.
Good call She did.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4088
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

poetic much?

i like it

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:35 AM   #4089
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Something, which makes Caro's Korea title a little sweeter : Betwich (the resident gambling expert on Ekstrabladet) recommended to either back Kanepi out-right or bet on > 21.5 games ... He he ... suuuuucker

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #4090

1R of Tokyo PPO is already in full swing while our girl is tying up things in Seoul. Caro will probably be playing her first match (against Jovanovski) tomorrow evening. Fortunately there's only a little over 1000 km between Seoul and Tokyo. To put it into perspective (for Danes), that's approximately the same distance as between Copenhagen and Paris. Caro should be able to get to Japan without too much jetlag in her body. Of course it also helps that the final was the easiest/fastest of all her Seoul matches.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM   #4091
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Look, she cant salvage this year. No slam semis, 2 first round exits. Out of the top 10 from #1 in January.

But she can accomplish a few things.
1- Get to a Tier I final. Its a year and a half now.
2- Compile some points so she can make a run into the top 5 next spring on hardcourt.
3- Beat some good players, like Azarenka, Sharapova. Show she hasnt fallen way behind them

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4092
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Caro's been in 1 final this year, and 4 semi's. It hasn't exactly been a disaster. She had a ton of points to defend. Considering that she hurt her wrist in Sydney, ankle in Copenhagen and knee in Eastbourne in a year she's retooling her game, it really isn't that bad. C'mon guys and gals, look at it just a bit dispassionately.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM   #4093
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Caro's been in 1 final this year, and 4 semi's. It hasn't exactly been a disaster. She had a ton of points to defend. Considering that she hurt her wrist in Sydney, ankle in Copenhagen and knee in Eastbourne in a year she's retooling her game, it really isn't that bad. C'mon guys and gals, look at it just a bit dispassionately.
Certainly any fan can be happy with any results.
Lets hope Caroline is NOT happy about going from #1 in january to out of the top 10, no slam semi, but 2 first round losses at majors, and no Premier final all year.

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #4094
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a step in the right direction. Not exactly a big one but I'll take it for sure.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM   #4095
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

about 680.000 danish kroner won today, so she reach over 1 mill US$ won this year, not bad in a "bad year"

1 SF in Japan will pay less...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread