Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #4006
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

If you use Google Chrome or translate it, there's a big article about Caro on the website, In the news flashing on the left, click her picture at the right time...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #4007
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

CaroWozniacki
Made it to Korea, time for some practice and then back to bed to get some rest!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4008
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
CaroWozniacki
Made it to Korea, time for some practice and then back to bed to get some rest!
Yeah,I didn't have any solid reason for denying Caroline's intentions to play Hansol,but 'Quickfound' is normally at least semi-reliable so I was wondering if he'd heard some rumor about Caro's changing her mind......It would be a harbinger of doom if Caro made the final vs. an overmatched opponent...and then a typhoon wiped out the entire stadium.....any loss of life would be far more serious,of course

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #4009
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Draw for KDB Korea Open: http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...2/1024/MDS.pdf
Rus in 1R, Kanepi/Goerges/Lepchenko/Paszek in the other half.

NB: Apparently they don't call the tournament Han Solo Pen anymore.
http://www.hansolopen.com/2011/
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #4010
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

$112k for the winner of an International event (normally $38k) .. still only 280 points though.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #4011
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
$112k for the winner of an International event (normally $38k) .. still only 280 points though.
To me - it doesn't matter about ranking points at all. Ranking points can take care of themselves depending on how she plays.

It's only an International she's playing but there's players there that can and have been beating Caro. This is simply a chance for Caro to play. Getting knocked out of tournaments early means she doesn't play much.

What I find really worrying and I am really not sure about right now is her hunger nowadays that goldenlox and others have alluded to. Sure she 100% hungry while she's actually playing and gives it her all then. But what about after a loss when she watches Rory playing golf, goes to PR events (and I'm not saying she shouldn't do that and sure she should have things to take her mind off it). But is she hungry enough away from the court with an attitude to do whatever it takes and hurt by it and constantly thinking what extra effort do I need to to turn it all around.

I always used to think she was so so much hungrier and dedicated than her bffs Aga and Vika. I remember Vika tweeting a about having to go on a run and thinking Caro would never do that. She relished practicing, training, running, whatever it took. When I went to Eastbiourne and she won the title - she had one out the way practice court and she always seemed to be on it. Other players had a practice dourt but when I came back an hour later - that was it. It seemed like Caro was always on that practice court when not playing - OK it can't have been all the time but still. I dunno.

She just looked really hungry to do whatever it took back then and I just don't get that impression now. Maybe not fair and it's easy for me to say this. I really don't know. But it just comes across to me she was far hungrier back then when she was climbing.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #4012
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

No, you`re right, she definitely lacks a bit of hunger and enthusiasm compared to the players ahead of her, it's not the same than 2 years ago. I don't doubt that she gives it all during the match and is pissed off after her losses but that isn't enough to be a top player in tennis...you have to want it all the time.

She always talks about how much she looks up to Serena, she should really take a page out of her book how to react to R1 slam losses. Serena used her RG fiasco to work even harder and be more dedicated, Caro hides from her problems on the golf course...

Whatever, this a favorable draw, all dangerous players are in the other half so she should really make the final here at least.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #4013
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
No, you`re right, she definitely lacks a bit of hunger and enthusiasm compared to the players ahead of her, it's not the same than 2 years ago. I don't doubt that she gives it all during the match and is pissed off after her losses but that isn't enough to be a top player in tennis...you have to want it all the time.

She always talks about how much she looks up to Serena, she should really take a page out of her book how to react to R1 slam losses. Serena used her RG fiasco to work even harder and be more dedicated, Caro hides from her problems on the golf course...

Whatever, this a favorable draw, all dangerous players are in the other half so she should really make the final here at least.
I'm not sure that the comparison with Serena is accurate. That loss at the French Open was a complete shock. Serena was having a great clay season winning Madrid (beating Azarenka [1], Sharapova [2] and Caroline [6]), making the semis in Rome and if you want to count Charleston she won there too. Heading into Roland Garros she was arguably having her best ever results on clay. Caroline is/was in a very different situation heading into Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. Her first round losses were surprising but she had also been having a very erratic season and has been steadily sliding down the rankings all year. Serena's game is very sound, I'm not sure what caused her to lose that first round match but she has rebounded spectacularly. Right now Caroline has some very basic problems with her game and she is in a much deeper hole than Serena was.

I guess what I am trying to say is that despite that shocking first round loss Serena is still the best player on the tour and the favourite every time she steps onto the court, Caroline is in a very different situation and these kinds of early losses are becoming alarmingly common.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4014
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

That is not the point though, what you say actually means that Caro should be more dedicated than her, not less. Because of the problems with her game she can't afford to be less invested in her career than the competition but she is.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4015
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Perhaps on the surface, but as we have come to understand, any player is dangerous for Caroline, so I wouldn't expect too much. Just sayin'

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4016
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its very hard to be that hungry. Its part of the mental toughness of champions.
They hate to lose, and do everything they can, not to lose.

I think its very worrisome that Caroline spends a full week standing around in golf galleries, and during week 1 of the last 2 majors.
She's not upset about 1st round losses?
Standing around in gold galleries all week is for retired men who golf or watch golf all day, because they're bored shitless.

Anyway, this is a very favorable Int'l draw, just like Copenhagen, and she should go far this week

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #4017
country flag goldenlox

I think her conditioning could be a problem.
Hard to be sure because she doesnt make deep runs in tournaments anymore, but the reason Sharapova & Azarenka are in so many finals is that they watched Caroline in 2010,early 2011 and realized they have to be super fit. Both of them last and last this year. Vika used to retire & Maria used to wear down.

Now it looks like Caroline wears down quickly. You have to be very fit in this game.
That offcourt work is also part of mental toughness. Its much easier to slag off

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #4018
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

it looks like papa wozniacki is not there in korea, i only saw mama wozniacki on pictures, no sign that papa is there
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #4019
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Perhaps on the surface, but as we have come to understand, any player is dangerous for Caroline, so I wouldn't expect too much. Just sayin'
I agree. You only have to look at the names of some players she's lost to this year. Was McHale ever remotely thougtt to be a threat? Was Begu a threat? I don't think we can take anything for granted just because the players she's lost to so far are in the other half.

Anyway - c'mon Caro and let's see you play well and get a title.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Sep 16th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4020
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
it looks like papa wozniacki is not there in korea, i only saw mama wozniacki on pictures, no sign that papa is there
I'm no big fan of Piotr but that wouldn't be a good sign. The last time she was without a coach at a tournament was Bastad 2011 and we don't really have to talk about her performance there, do we?

If he really isn't there it's another indication for her not taking this tournament very seriously, following the nonexistent preparation for it... which is a bit mind boggling considering it is her only realistic chance to take a trophy home this year.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Closed Thread