Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 267 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3991
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, it seems like she went from NY to a golf course, then sponsor stuff.
But Caro usually plays hard. Although its hard to imagine she's in shape for a tough week of tennis
I don't doubt that once she's on court she'll compete to the best of her ability, but she can't produce her best if she didn't put in the hours of hard work before, let alone if her mind isn't on the job. It sucks, but that's unfortunately just the way it is - no pain, no gain.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3992
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I could understand it if it had only been a problem for a few months. Maybe it's her first serious relationship and maybe the guy IS the love of her life. Maybe it turned her life upside down and had emotionally a big impact on her. But it's almost one and a half years now. One would think that by now the relationship would no longer be a distraction when it comes to her career. Rory doesn't seem to have any such problems - he's doing better than ever, yet he of course spends just as much time with her as she does with him.
Again, all other players are able to handle that. Since we're not 12, I guess nobody here wants to claim that Caro's relationship is "more real" than anything the other girls are having

She's the only one acting this way. Did Sharapova fly off to Turkey to see her guy in between tournaments at any given chance? No.

Is Vika followed around by Bubka Jr. all the time? No. They put tennis first and foremost and Caro isn't doing that...she's somehow trying to have it all and it is not working.

The clearest sign of her unwillingness to make a clear cut was the USO swing for me. That would have been 3 weeks she could have focused fully on tennis and nothing else but she is simply not willing to do that. She can't cut lose of him for three measly weeks to prepare for one of the biggest tournaments of the year.

Like you said, it has been almost 1 1/2 years now and I really don't think it's too much to ask for her to do what all the other girls are doing as well. She simply dosen't have her priorities straight, she's acting like a part-time player right now and she's getting part time results.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #3993
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, Maria and Sasha broke up months ago, so what kind of advice could she give Caro about relationships at the moment? And it appears that one of the reasons for the split was that they barely spend any time together.

And Serena's situation can easily end in disaster. Dating your coach? Good luck with that honey.

And I don't even know what Vika's man situation is right now. She's been hanging around RedFoo a lot lately and I don't remember seeing any pictures or sightings of Sergei with her lately. He's a tennis player too and had actually won a match at the US Open last year so where was he?

Each player's situation is different. I don't see anyone giving Caro advice right now on how to handle personal relationships and careers. She really does need to forge her own path. She became successful taking the non status quo approved method. Now if she wants to get back on top, she'll probably have to take another nonconventional method.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #3994
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
U

And I don't even know what Vika's man situation is right now. She's been hanging around RedFoo a lot lately and I don't remember seeing any pictures or sightings of Sergei with her lately.
Without taking this too far off topic: He was with her at the Wimbledon for the players party and a few weeks ago she tweeted something about being in love so I very much suspect they`re still together. She's just very private with that, they`ve been dating for a long time and when the BBC commentators mentioned that during the Olympics, even most people in GM were surprised.

That's my point regarding Caro and separating tennis from her love life. Of course the golfer is more famous and she can't keep it that private but it's a matter of distance, most other players are able to tune this stuff out and fully concentrate on tennis when it matters.

The only time the golfer isn't around is if he has commitments himself, she wants to have it all whenever possible and it's hurting her focus.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #3995
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She could really ask any girl on tour, I don't think any of these girls have ever allowed their private lives to derail their career this much.

They all have found a way to handle it, just Caro seems to be unable to.
Actually,there are plenty of disaster cases such as Szavay who was very serious with her coach and was crushed when he broke up with her,apparently.Caro has a healthy relationship compared with MANY gals but,as you and others have pointed out,that doesn't necessarily mean that she's giving adequate focus to her tennis career.Tbh,I haven't jumped into this much cuz I witnessed such a pathetic blow-off by another player a couple years ago(one who blew off or fired several coaches and trainers just to stroke her shallow,empty sex-based life with her sleazy bf),so maybe that's why Caro seems so much better by comparison to me

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3996
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when the draw come out for Hansol Korea Open

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3997
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Does anyone know when the draw come out for Hansol Korea Open
The draw comes out on Sep. 16!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #3998
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro were taking this tournament seriously, shouldn't she be be in Seoul by now? I haven't heard anything about her arriving in Seoul and it's early saturday morning in Seoul currently.

It seems to me that either Caro isn't taking this tournament seriously or she's going to withdraw from this tournament. A withdrawl would be a bad sign as her knee injury was supposed to be pretty minor and she'd be scheduled to play about 3 weeks since she last played.

I don't like that Caro was doing sponsor stuff the week before a tournament (unless she doesn't end up playing). I think that's a time she should really be using to get ready.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #3999
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro flew to Seoul yesterday! She's doing a kids clinic & an autograph session on Sep. 16.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Sep 14th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #4000
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro flew to Seoul yesterday! She's doing a kids clinic & an autograph session on Sep. 16.
Thats good. Last realistic chance to win a title in 2012
If she doesnt finish this year strong, there's reason to think her head isnt in it anymore. Physically she should be a lot fresher than players who were fighting deep into draws all year
She's only played a few matches since the spring
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #4001
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

the official web of the seoul open just announced that kirilenko had arrived, no news for caro yet
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4002
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

To me, the defining week of this whole year was after the AO. She fell from #1 to #4, after an historic run at #1, 67 of 68 weeks

Then she spent the whole week with Rory & lost her 1st match at a Premier 5 to Safarova.

This year's either beeen watching golf, then losing early. Or losing early then watching golf.
2 majors in a row where Caro spent week 1 watching golf.
More like Mirka Federer(watching her guy all major) than a (former) top player

This was the time of year in 2010 when she might have been at her very best.
After winning Rogers Cup & New Haven, semi in NY, she won Tokyo, Beijing then YEC final.
Thats 4 titles (3 Tier I's) a big final, SF in 6 tournaments. She was beating Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova, Dementieva, had a break in the 3rd vs Kim in the YEC final
Hard to believe a player can do that then have these last 12 months.

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #4003
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
the official web of the seoul open just announced that kirilenko had arrived, no news for caro yet
It's hardky an official site,of course,but 'Tennis Quickfound' didn't even have Caro on the entry list a couple days ago

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #4004
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

She is on the list on tournie´s official website
http://www.kdbkoreaopen.com/english/sub_02.html
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4005
country flag goldenlox

It might be better if she's not there

Sania Mirza-Malik@MirzaSania
Made it to Seoul and the first thing I hear,there's a typhoon coming monday morning! Life is just so exciting!!!!

Closed Thread