Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 262 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #3916
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
No, surely not.

Looking at how the Top 3-5 play at the moment, I just don't see how she will fit in there again.

These girls have all passed her, not just in terms of game but also mental strength. If you look at how Vika handled herself after that poor first set, not panicking, having a plan B that she can execute...and that against the most accomplished player on the tour on the biggest stage.

I don't know, I can't even picture Caro doing something like that right now. She folds so easily nowadays..

I don't even think about the Top 5 in the foreseeable future, her goal has to be to get back into the Top 10. Not even that is a given right now.
I agree. We have to lower expectations a bit and if she would be in the top 10 by the end of 2013 I would consider it a success. If she would have a Kerber-like 2013 I think it would be huge. All talk about getting back in the top five or winning slams are at this point delusional.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3917
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

We could all see this happening almost a year ago.
But what she's doing recently, losing in round 1 of majors then spending that week at a golf tournament, look.. thats a part time player.
Its up to Caroline. Its hard work being near the top of tennis, and it will be interesting to see if she wants to get back near there or not.

I agree with Jiimmie48 and Chrissie-fan, that watching Vika & Maria & Serena, that Caroline is not close to them now.
The fighting, holding serve, its not there. We need lower expectations
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #3918
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jiimmie48 and Chrissie-fan lower expectations as well for 2013 hopefully 2013 can be a better year than 2012, I hope she work hard on improving during offseason this year

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3919
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Caro right now is way behind the top 5-10 but I don't see why can't she get her game together, some of you talk as if they were unreachable. I mean the way Vika played yesterday remind me so much of Caro a year and a half ago. Let's be honest, Vika didn't do anything incredible yesterday, in fact her stats weren't that good, Serena was dreadful after the first set, she couldn't rally at all, her forehand broke down to Caro's levels. But Vika is number 1 because she's very consistent and moves very well, like Caro, she takes advantage of when a player drops down their level and that's what she did very well yesterday. Unfortunately for her, Serena got her act together just in time.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #3920
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she needs to stick with him for now, there has been too much change the past 12 months, she needs to find stability again.
My concern is how available he is. I think she needs full time help beyond what Piotr is able to do.

Is Johansson going to be there for the Asian swing? They haven't worked much together so 3 tournaments could be a good period for trying to implement things from practice in actual matches.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #3921
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
My concern is how available he is. I think she needs full time help beyond what Piotr is able to do.

Is Johansson going to be there for the Asian swing? They haven't worked much together so 3 tournaments could be a good period for trying to implement things from practice in actual matches.
That my only concern is TJ going be there full time with her, and if not should she get a full time coach too be there too travel with her at all her events, but like jimmie said changing coach back & forward not that good, but I think having a full time coach will be better for her at this time

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3922
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

does it cost too watch it on Tennistv

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #3923
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
does it cost too watch it on Tennistv
Yes, it does. I pay 90 euros for a one year subscription. Quality is very good though (much better than the free streams) and there is no buffering. And if you can't watch because you have to go to work of whatever there is a catch up option for the matches you missed seeing. In Europe where I live the majority of it is ATP tennis since most of the rights for the bigger WTA events are with eurosport. But even here you nevertheless get to see quite a few WTA events (the smaller ones) that are not on eurosport. And when it comes to the ATP they cover pretty much every masters 1000, 500 and 250 tournament.

In the US the tournaments they cover are likely to be somewhat different, I'm not sure. Even so, if you don't like the ATP I can't really recommend it. Those smaller WTA tournaments are a nice bonus, but it's probably not worth paying 90 euros (or dollars) for. But if you like the ATP it's money well spend.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Sep 10th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3924
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't recall anybody mentioning or posting this tweet by Caro back on Sept. 8:

Looking forward to seeing my Danish fans on 11 September. Meet me in Fredericia at 10.00 or in Randers at 15:00. http://bit.ly/OiTL3h

http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki/sta...79725089738752
Caro plays in Denmark tomorrow, but who will be her Rival(s) (Hitting partners?)

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #3925
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/carowozniacki

Caroline has landed in Copenhagen.

Its seem to be Kid clinics she's playing tomorrow... and autograms writing...

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #3926
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Is media going to be there? Lots of questions to ask her as she leaves the top 10
About a full time coach, full time trainer, what her 2013 schedule will be.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #3927
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Likely she will be in the TV 2 Sport-News or other Channels...

Even she's now No. 11 she's still BIG news in DK

I read in Danish, she will play with kids in the streets...

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3928
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, surely not.

Looking at how the Top 3-5 play at the moment, I just don't see how she will fit in there again.
I honestly do not feel, Caro during her good patch 2010-2011 did play that different from say Vika in the USO final.

Personally, I am not so concerned about Caro being unable to compete again. I am more concerned about Caro ever really competing again.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #3929
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I honestly do not feel, Caro during her good patch 2010-2011 did play that different from say Vika in the USO final.
The bigger difference between Vika and Caro now is the attitude and determination. WIth Vika you can tell that she wants it badly, every match, every point..

Caro needs to find that mindset again, this "There's always next week" nonsense is what makes you drop the rankings like a rock. That's what I mean by she dosen't fit in the Top 3, these other girls simply want it more right now. And that's even though all of them have won slams and two of them have won everything there is to win. It's worrying that they`re still come off more dedicated than Caro these days...

I think Goldenlox said it before, it really feels like she's a part-time player now. She plays so little matches nowadays and even for those few she can't seem to find the same dedication than two years ago when she played 60+ matches a year.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #3930
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Is media going to be there? Lots of questions to ask her as she leaves the top 10
About a full time coach, full time trainer, what her 2013 schedule will be.
Given that it's kid's clinics, I don't think serious questions will be asked of Caro while she's there.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread