Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 252 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #3766
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

So any comments from Johansson or Piotr?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #3767
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Okay give it to me straight: How badly did Caro play? And I know it has to do with her awful playing cause Begu isn't anything special outside of clay.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #3768
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
I heard that during the press conference someone asked her about her knee & she said she won't know anything until the end of the year? Is it really that bad or what does that even mean?
I had a bad feeling that it might be still bothering her. Realistically, there was not that much time for recovery.
Oh well, let's hope she will have a good Asian swing. Plenty of time for preparation
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #3769
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I had a bad feeling that it might be still bothering her. Realistically, there was not that much time for recovery.
Oh well, let's hope she will have a good Asian swing. Plenty of time for preparation
They probably won't tell us how bad the knee is. Remember at the beginning of the year she suddenly started to wear wristbands and many people here figured out that she was trying to hide her wrist injury?

Maybe a few days off will do her knee some good.

Till it's golden again
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #3770
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
They probably won't tell us how bad the knee is. Remember at the beginning of the year she suddenly started to wear wristbands and many people here figured out that she was trying to hide her wrist injury?

Maybe a few days off will do her knee some good.
She had a few days off already though. The New Haven semifinal was in the early afternoon of Friday.

It's about 3 weeks til Seoul. Caro's knee should be ok if it's not serious like she says.

Off topic, you ever consider making your avatar a Caro one?
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #3771
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Mentally she isnt the same player anymore. That's much bigger than her knee.The game is mental, and that used to be her strength. Now she's a sloppy player who doesnt seem hungry enough. Now the last 3 majors are 3rd round, 1st round, 1st round. Those are very weak results.Her year is over know. They'd better start to schedule for next year.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #3772
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Things change, there are always ups and downs. Her year is not over yet,though. Asian swing is still ahead of us.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #3773
country flag JadeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
She had a few days off already though. The New Haven semifinal was in the early afternoon of Friday.

It's about 3 weeks til Seoul. Caro's knee should be ok if it's not serious like she says.

Off topic, you ever consider making your avatar a Caro one?
it could be a lingering injury though. the type that needs more than a few days to heal. I doubt she'll need surgery but resting her knee for a while and plenty of treatment can help.

And I have been looking for a new avatar but I can't find one that I like. any suggestions?

Till it's golden again
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #3774
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
I heard that during the press conference someone asked her about her knee & she said she won't know anything until the end of the year? Is it really that bad or what does that even mean?
I think someone misunderstood or misinterpreted something. Here's part of the Wta article on the match:

"The Grand Slams this year haven't been great for me," the former World No.1 said. "After the year's finished I'll evaluate what was good and what wasn't so good, and we'll work from there. But I have plenty of years left in me. And this year isn't even over yet. Hopefully I can turn it around and play even better."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201208...256076_2903412
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #3775
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

I've posted a few things in Articles and Interviews.

Last edited by manixdk : Aug 29th, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #3776
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

There was some talk recently that Cincinnati was a new low for Caroline. I disagreed and defended her. However, I think that inarguably this loss is definitely a new low. Yes, at the moment she is still technically a top ten player but this is rock bottom. First round exits at back to back slams? That is extremely embarrassing for any top ten player and even more so for one that was ranked number one at the start of the year. This year has pretty much been a disaster.

I don't think she should stop working with Johansson. They haven't been together very long and it is not fair to blame him. Caroline was playing poorly long before he entered the picture.

I also don't think that it makes much sense to skip the rest of the year and I really can not see her doing that. If the knee isn't completely healed/healthy then I do think she should stop playing until it is but I don't think it helps her to give up on this year. The more matches she plays the more chances she will have to turn her game around. If she skips the rest of the year to work on her game in practice then she will still need to start implementing those changes in match play at the start of 2013. She only has three events scheduled for the rest of the season (well, four if you count the YEC but unless she makes it as an alternate it seems unlikely she will play there), I think that as long as she is healthy she should, and will, play out the rest of the year.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #3777
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
it could be a lingering injury though. the type that needs more than a few days to heal. I doubt she'll need surgery but resting her knee for a while and plenty of treatment can help.
Though it may sound morbid,one might hope that she DID have a slight injury as that would better justify such a poor showing at the USO.Still,until Caroline shows signs of not caring at all(which I don't anticipate at all)...such as being visibly out of shape while publicly proclaiming to train hard...then she still deserves my/our support.VAMOS,Caroline

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #3778
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

I think when Caro and Thomas J and Piotr sit down together and look at the Begu match, Caro will have to be blind not to see that Thomas and Piotr are right. She has to commit herself 100%.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #3779
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
I think when Caro and Thomas J and Piotr sit down together and look at the Begu match, Caro will have to be blind not to see that Thomas and Piotr are right. She has to commit herself 100%.
But shouldn't she have come to that realisation over a year ago when she lost early at Roland Garros and Wimbledon? What about the stunning losses to Vinci (Toronto) and McHale (Cincinnati)? If not then how about when she lost the number one ranking and quickly fell out of the top five? The somewhat worrying thing is that there have been flashing red lights regarding her career for well over a year now but her game doesn't appear to be getting any better.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #3780
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

for once Caro has 3 terrific outfits
last night the only thing working was the view on her boobs, which were incredibly great

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread