Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 250 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #3736
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, she might have made a few less errors but she was often overpowered. I think that her 'variety' game is a bit overrated, she is not using dropshots or volleys that much and those elements of her game are not enough to help her against players with a lot of power who can keep up with her during long rallies.
The sport did not suddenly improve from 1 year, 2 years ago.
When Caro was #1 for 51 weeks in 2011, the tennis was as good as this year. She dropped off, the sport didnt suddenly leave her in the dust. Errani & Radwanska were in the last 2 slam finals. Kirilenko was just in the Bronze medal match.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #3737
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, she might have made a few less errors but she was often overpowered. I think that her 'variety' game is a bit overrated, she is not using dropshots or volleys that much and those elements of her game are not enough to help her against players with a lot of power who can keep up with her during long rallies.
Well, her 'variety game' is not only about dropshots or volleys. It's also about mixing up the pace of her groundstrokes and mixing slices with coming over the ball. She is much more crafty, and yes, mixes up her game a lot more than most current players. Of course she's in trouble when the best power hitters are on, but so is Caro.

But the argument of many TF-ers that Caro or Aga will never win a slam because they can't beat the likes of a Serena, Sharapova or Kvitova when they are on because of their gamestyle always sounds a bit idiotic to me. Other power hitters also can't beat Serena or Kvitova when they are on and it's far better to be a first rate Caro or Aga than a second rate Maria or Petra.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #3738
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future

You guys always seem to be talking about the negatives. There are some positives you know.
For example, her serve has really improved. She was constantly getting serves around 110mph in New Haven.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #3739
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming she maintains her usual good fitness,I think that Caro will be able to take advantage of some easier draws in Internationals next year...and she'd probably be able to experiment more with her shotmaking and build up her confidence with some decisive wins

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #3740
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
You guys always seem to be talking about the negatives. There are some positives you know.
For example, her serve has really improved. She was constantly getting serves around 110mph in New Haven.
Eh, when she stops being broken in her first service game every other match then we can talk about her improved serve. Seriously, just about every other match she is broken on her first service game. Does that happen to anyone else in the top ten, or even the top thirty? It can't be good to be playing from behind right at the start of the match.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #3741
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, her 'variety game' is not only about dropshots or volleys. It's also about mixing up the pace of her groundstrokes and mixing slices with coming over the ball. She is much more crafty, and yes, mixes up her game a lot more than most current players. Of course she's in trouble when the best power hitters are on, but so is Caro.

But the argument of many TF-ers that Caro or Aga will never win a slam because they can't beat the likes of a Serena, Sharapova or Kvitova when they are on because of their gamestyle always sounds a bit idiotic to me. Other power hitters also can't beat Serena or Kvitova when they are on and it's far better to be a first rate Caro or Aga than a second rate Maria or Petra.
I think Caro does have more power than Aga though which was obvious in their matches. Also, Aga has a very poor record against a player like Azarenka. I doubt that Azarenka is on Serena's level in terms of power but Radwanska has not managed to beat her once this season.

The argument of TF-ers is more like an excuse for the loss of their favourite player to someone with less power Popular opinion in General Morons is definitely in favour of ballbashing and aggressive game.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #3742
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, when she stops being broken in her first service game every other match then we can talk about her improved serve. Seriously, just about every other match she is broken on her first service game. Does that happen to anyone else in the top ten, or even the top thirty? It can't be good to be playing from behind right at the start of the match.
I think that has more to deal with Caro's mental focus to start off matches than her overall ability to serve.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #3743
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Sorry to intrude, but does anyone know if they went back to Caro's original string tension?
I'm rewatching her matches from the Olympics and she had much more pace than she did in New Haven. I know it's grass and a hardcourt, but it seems too big of a change for it to just be the surface..
I don't know. I'd prefer they keep the string tension the same though as she could use a bit more pop on her shots.

If they did change the string tension back, it could be that they feel there's less of a need for it on hard court. It could also be that they wanted to reign in her errors from Montreal.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3744
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro & Serena, Federer & Tsonga will play an exhibition match in Brazil, in December!
December 6 (Thursday)
Federer x Bellucci
Mike Bryan / Bob Bryan x Bruno Soares / Marcelo Melo

December 7th (Friday)
Sharapova x Wozniacki
Bellucci x Tsonga

December 8th (Saturday)
Azarenka x Serena
Federer x Tsonga
http://esporte.ig.com.br/tenis/2012-...tros-tops.html

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #3745
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she enjoys Exibitions with Masha, doesn't she?

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3746
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think that has more to deal with Caro's mental focus to start off matches than her overall ability to serve.
The mental part of her game is gone at the end of matches. Thats why she's holding no titles for the first time since she was a junior.

She has to get mentally involved in these matches. Too many points she makes early unforced errors at key moments

I think she should watch tape of when she was winning and tape of her losses the past year.
Nobody else has this kind of dropoff where they hold 8,9 titles and defend none of them while playing a full schedule.
I cant think of anything like this. From winning the most titles to none, instantly.

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3747
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caroline should play more double, at one time she used too play double from time to time at some events but now it she doesn't enter no more hardly

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #3748
country flag goldenlox

Errani & Radwanska are not big hitters. They dont overpower anyone. And they were in the last 2 slam finals. Caro's been in a slam final before. Its no magic involved, just a lot of focus and solid play. Caro's very capable of being in several more slam finals.
Just needs better mental toughness than the past year. She definately can do it

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3749
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Errani & Radwanska are not big hitters. They dont overpower anyone. And they were in the last 2 slam finals. Caro's been in a slam final before. Its no magic involved, just a lot of focus and solid play. Caro's very capable of being in several more slam finals.
Just needs better mental toughness than the past year. She definately can do it
Definitely agree that the shift in physical power in the WTA had begun before Caroline even left Juniors---and that her potential to succeed,in THAT specific regard,is no worse now than when she started.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3750
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

http://i49.tinypic.com/23sc5qp.jpg

Caro's dress at the USO. Looks great, but black in heat and humity?

I'm really encouraged by Thomas J talking about being with Caro at the end of the season. I've really noticed the difference in her game.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread