Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3706
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I find it kind of strange that Caro's not playing today.
Yeah, she won this final 4 years in a row.
But thats just a reminder of what is happening now. Not only is not holding any title for the first time in over 4 years, she has not been in a premier final since NH last year.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3707
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Sure, but I'm pretty sure the other girls have important relationships as well. I still don't understand why she can't show the same sort of restraint and focus than her peers... you don't see other players being followed by their boyfriends like lapdogs.

I still feel it's not unreasonable to ask for that, all the other top players are doing it.

Okay seriously now, just stop. Rory has not withdrawn from any tournaments to be with her. Hell just now he couldn't stay New Haven to see her play. He left to play in the Barclays tournament. He doesn't follow her around anymore than she follows him around. I can count on less than five fingers in which he's actually sat in her player's box and watched her play tennis and we know she's played in way more than five tournaments.

And a few of those top players like Serena and Maria have a lot of off court activities that can potentially be just as distracting. Serena and Maria are very much apart of the Hollywood/Fashion scene and get gossiped and papped alot. For all the talk about Caro and Rory "mediawhoring" their relationship, they have zero involvement in Hollywood and don't do many red carpet appearences together.

Here's a suggestion: how about we let Caro be her own person and let her figure out what works best for her? What might work for other players might not do anything for her career.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #3708
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Okay seriously now, just stop. Rory has not withdrawn from any tournaments to be with her. Hell just now he couldn't stay New Haven to see her play. He left to play in the Barclays tournament. He doesn't follow her around anymore than she follows him around. I can count on less than five fingers in which he's actually sat in her player's box and watched her play tennis and we know she's played in way more than five tournaments.
Sorry, that is just not true. Just during the past few weeks he has been in Eastbourne, Wimbledon, the Olympics, Cinncinatti and New Haven.

He may not be around for the full duration of these tournaments but he is there pretty much all the time. I can't think of many tournaments where he hasn't been around at all this year.

She already had a year to figure out what works for her career and this obviously isn't it. It's not like they have been together for two weeks, enough time has passed to draw a conclusion.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3709
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, that is just not true. Just during the past few weeks he has been in Eastbourne, Wimbledon, the Olympics, Cinncinatti and New Haven.

He may not be around for the full duration of these tournaments but he is there pretty much all the time. I can't think of many tournaments where he hasn't been around at all this year.

She already had a year to figure out what works for her career and this obviously isn't it. It's not like they have been together for two weeks, enough time has passed to draw a conclusion.
She's going to have to figure it out, because it looks like they're both serious about this relationship.

Has Caroline EVER not held a title (before now), between juniors or WTA? This is new ground to cover, and she's not the #1 trying to win a major. She's a big name with a big name boyfriend, trying to make her tennis results more relevant

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #3710
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I was off about the number of tournaments he's been at but my main point still stands. The way you put it, a person would've thought that Rory did nothing but go to tournaments with Caro all the time as if he had nothing else to do. I mean if that was the case, then God knows how he was able to win that second major just a few weeks ago. Or play in 11 other PGA tournaments this year.

Caro's problems started when she lost to Hantuchova at RG last year a month before she met Rory. Let's put her problems at her feet, not his. He's been nothing but supportive of her and her career. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Till it's golden again
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3711
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, I'm not saying he has bad intensions or harms her career on purpose but it does have that effect, whether you like it or not.

Her loss to Hantuchova was part of her normal slam struggles, she played well at Brussels the week after and played reasonably well at Wimbledon. Her downfall started at Bastad and the two US tournaments after, that was when she suddenly started playing shockingly bad all of a sudden.... I don't have to tell you what happened the weeks before, right?

It's her life and if she's not willing to cut down on her private life to get her career back on track then that's a decision we have to accept, I'm not blaming her for it. But please let's not be in denial about it...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #3712
country flag JadeFox

Quote:
For the record, I'm not saying he has bad intensions or harms her career on purpose but it does have that effect, whether you like it or not.

Her loss to Hantuchova was part of her normal slam struggles, she played well at Brussels the week after and played reasonably well at Wimbledon. Her downfall started at Bastad and the two US tournaments after, that was when she suddenly started playing shockingly bad all of a sudden.... I don't have to tell you what happened the weeks before, right?

It's her life and if she's not willing to cut down on her private life to get her career back on track then that's a decision we have to accept, I'm not blaming her for it. But please let's not be in denial about it...
I don't see how it's denial when I say Caro's problems are on her own feet. She's the only one who can pull herself out of this slump. To me denial would be to blame outside forces instead of her poor and inconsistent play. I want TJ to do more coaching and help her out of this slump. And I'm hoping her knee injury isn't going to linger around for weeks or even months. Those are the things that I'm hoping for now.

Till it's golden again
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3713
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

What's the deal with all the injuries/illnesses Caro has had this year? It seems like she's been getting them a lot more than in the past.

Did she have some big change in her preparations last off season?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3714
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's the deal with all the injuries/illnesses Caro has had this year? It seems like she's been getting them a lot more than in the past.

caro keep on getting injuries and illnesses this year, but i don't see big changes for her off season preparations, for the off season of the past few years, she still keep on travelling to different places for some exhibitions (maybe even more for the last off season)

if there are some more changes for the practice, that maybe becoz of sanchez, but of coz we don't know.

i really hope caro can play less exhibitions this year, put more time to build up her game, find her game, and learn more tactics.

it is not easy for a person to travel so much for a whole year, it is not just her, but every time when caro travel through timezone, she will get sick easily, is that her own problem, or they did not do enough precautions?

next year is important for her (even though this year is not over yet), she will be 23 next year, she is no longer a new comer, and she had gave herself enough time to build her game. if she can't get it together next year, it will be hard for her (especially that will hurt her confidence)

let's hope the knee injury is not serious, and she can play some good tennis at the us open.
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #3715
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well players do get injuries. And the older they get - the more injuries they get. I used to follow Kim and after her JJ.

I followed Kim when she was getting closer to actually beating Justine in a slam final after 3 out of 4 slam finals they played in 2003-2004. But then she got that wrist problem just as she was getting better that kept her out for a year. That was cruel and she was always getting injuries after that.

JJ seemed to be perpetually injured and played though her injuries most of the time. In 2008 - she picked up a nasty leg injury at Hopman Cup but played at the AO with her injury when she actually beat Serena. She had a nasty injury at Wimbledon. But got back to the Olympics where she picked up another injury and played on one leg. And that was the year she got to #1 and had a great USO.

Sadly injuries are part of the sport. I'm praying it doesn't happen to Caro. Yes Caro's picked up a few this year - but so far touch wood has avoided the injury problems most other players have gone through.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3716
country flag goldenlox

She had some little things this year. Wrist in Sydney. Respiratory in Rome. Knee in NH.
But she's been fortunate. Look at Serena, Maria, Dinara. They all had their careers stopped. Dinara is still off the tour. Venus still has that immune disorder.

I think overall Caro's been able to make almost any commitment.
I agree that she needs to review her schedule. Starting with December, January.
Probably has to do her schedule with Rory, & his schedule.
A lot depends on whether Caro stays in the top10

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3717
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

In every athlete's career there are always highs and lows. She has been the most consistent player on the tour for two seasons in spite of all negativity that media and some retarded fans tried to throw at her. What Caro achieved is special and it must have taken a lot of physical and mental strenght to do that. Now she is at the point of her career where she needs to recharge her batteries. Who knows, maybe she had some injuries apart from what was made public which affected her game,too.
The most important thing is that she takes a good care of her health. The success will follow. I think that her performance in New Haven has shown that she is getting there and there are still some opportunities for her to win a title this season,so it's not over just yet.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #3718
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Prety sure she has about four niggle injuries a year, not including the nasty ankle twist she Had a few seasons back. Nothing extra ordinary this season imho.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #3719
country flag goldenlox

That ankle injury was 2010 Charleston, & she still made Stuttgart.
That was the year she was on fire this time of year, beating Sharapova, Dementieva, Kvitova, Azarenka. Taking over the #1 spot

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #3720
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

At least one other poster mentioned Korea earlier;I think that even an MM title could be a token measure of success for Caroline.I'm not saying that it would give her a rocket boost for 2013,but the difference between winning zero titles and one title is,psychologically,a lot greater than the gap between one and two.....I hope that halfway made sense

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread