Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 241 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3601
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

While Hopefully she do alot of training during offseason

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3602
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
It really doesnt't matter who she draws because in her current form she can lose to almost anyone! So I don't care what her US Open draw will look like.
Yep - I agree. The more you look at draws with who would be easy - the more you become frightened of every player. Whatever the draw - I just want Caro to play well.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:26 AM   #3603
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Have two dreams for the USO: The OFF-court one,as some of you may have guessed,is to finally see that perfect sporting headline---VANDALS DRAW ON DRAW IN MAGIC MARKER(though any visible writing utensil print would be fine)...the ON-court dream would be Caro's going one step further than 2009

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM   #3604
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

It's practice and practice and matches and matches for Caroline. The good news is she seems to like and listen to Thomas J. The fact she put into practice his serve and restringing suggestions shows that things are looking up. If she doesn't win a tournament the rest of the year, but goes deep, and plays the right way, I'll be more than satisfied.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:34 AM   #3605
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

honestly if Caro can make it to the SF again it will be a huge surprise IMO...

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:01 AM   #3606
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska is out, Caro's chances are looking much better all of a sudden.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM   #3607
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Unjinx ...

Aga has played with that shoulder taped for quite a long time now. Maybe it wasn't a brill idea to even start in NH. 0-6, 1-2 ret.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:40 AM   #3608
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I felt pretty good about Caro's chances of beating Aga in SF. My main worry was it would be a repeat of Stuttgart 11 where their match was so exhausting that Caro was tired for the final next day.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM   #3609
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
The drop in her level of play has much to do with the rise in the level of other players. And other players began to suss out her patterns. Now she has to raise the ante. There are many encouraging signs: a vastly improved serve, where she now is winning more easy points, and where she's following aggressively up on it. She's going to the net much better now. She's getting much better at doing it at the right time. She occasionally trusts her forehand, makes the right grip change and hits off her front foot. But it's still not instinctive, and if she's just a bit rushed, she reverts to her old style and hits loopers. That's what happened against Pavs.

She still doesn't see her openings often enough. She'll always be a counterpuncher, but she has yet to learn how to be an aggressive one, jumping at the first opportunity to pressurize her opponent.

She's getting there, though, and, like I said, practice and matches.
I moved this here to keep things on topic.

Regarding her serve, what do you make of her pattern of being broken on her first service game of the match? That probably happens in every other match that she plays. Against "lesser" opponents it may not be a huge problem but it is never good to start from behind right out of the gate. I haven't done any analysis into when it actually happens but it seems like against higher ranked players it happens less often which maybe suggests that she is having trouble staying focused in the early rounds.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM   #3610
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I need a bit help. I'm not really fan of Caro but I'm writing one arcitle about tennis parents so I would like to know who is her coach now and what kind of role Piotr have in her team now. Please, please, I need help.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:30 AM   #3611
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by igralec33 View Post
Hey, I need a bit help. I'm not really fan of Caro but I'm writing one arcitle about tennis parents so I would like to know who is her coach now and what kind of role Piotr have in her team now. Please, please, I need help.
I am not 100% certain about this but I believe that Piotr is still very much involved in coaching Caroline. She recently started working with former ATP player and grand slam winner (Australian Open) Thomas Johansson. It is probably safe to say that Thomas works primarily on her technique/tactics while Piotr is primarily there to serve as motivation and inspiration. Currently it seems that Thomas is involved on a part time/interim basis. Thomas was with Caroline for Eastbourne, Wimbledon and the Olympics but he hasn't been with her in Montreal, Cincinnati and I don't think he is in New Haven. He will be with her for the U.S. Open.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:54 AM   #3612
country flag betowiec

betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all betowiec is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I am not 100% certain about this but I believe that Piotr is still very much involved in coaching Caroline. She recently started working with former ATP player and grand slam winner (Australian Open) Thomas Johansson. It is probably safe to say that Thomas works primarily on her technique/tactics while Piotr is primarily there to serve as motivation and inspiration. Currently it seems that Thomas is involved on a part time/interim basis. Thomas was with Caroline for Eastbourne, Wimbledon and the Olympics but he hasn't been with her in Montreal, Cincinnati and I don't think he is in New Haven. He will be with her for the U.S. Open.
you are wrong
betowiec is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM   #3613
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't think he is in New Haven.
TompaSthlmOpen Thomas Johansson
Great day of practice with Caro. Really looking forward to the match tomorrow against Sofia.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #3614
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro was 3-1 (the loss was back in 2007) against Cibulkova before she changed her coach to Krajan shortly before New Haven in 2010. Krajan turned her from a player who played somewhat like Caro to one of those go for broke type players. Caro has gone 4-2 against Cibulkova since that coaching change with Caro winning the 1st two and them alternating wins since then. Caro had to come from down 4-0 3rd set to win their last match though.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #3615
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Krajan no longer coaches Cibulkova, they have played a lot against each other. I think Domi will go for it a lot, Caro needs to avoid letting her soft balls on her forehand and she has to really attack Domi's serve, which is weak.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread