Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 237 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #3541
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I really don't think it makes sense for Petra to play New Haven. She has had plenty of matches and is doing the best she has ever done at this time of the year, surely she doesn't want to have played three solid weeks of tennis going in to the U.S. Open?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #3542
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Been reading the comments on her loss. Just depresses me how good she used to be and what is happening now. And I don't know if she'll ever get better than this. I remember last year thinking after her loss to Georges in Miami last year - what if that level became permanent. Now I just don't know. That fear I had then seems all to real now.

The last thing on my mind now is having any problem with what she might say at her interviews about her play and her loss or thinking about her ranking or making / not making it to the YEC or thinking about any draws. I would just love to see Caro play well and I just miss the Caro who used to play so well.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #3543
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I really don't think it makes sense for Petra to play New Haven. She has had plenty of matches and is doing the best she has ever done at this time of the year, surely she doesn't want to have played three solid weeks of tennis going in to the U.S. Open?
Well she might withdraw. And if she was Serena, if she was Pova, if she was Vika - she would. I'm sure someone will quote me times to the contrary - but I can't remember Petra withdrawing on a whim so she can rest. One thing I like about Caro and Petra is that they both seem to think a committment is a committment. In life - if you say you'll do something - the expectation should be you do it. Not break your word whenever it's not convenient.

Now she'll probably prove me wrong by withdrawing. But so far from what I've seen - she doesn't. And this is one of the reasons I like Caro and Petra and Aga much more than the others.

And perceived wisdom was how clever and smart Vika was last year retiring at Eastbourne last year and avoiding playing SF and F on the same day. Petra honoured her committmment and I guess wasn't smart. But she then won Wimbledon.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #3544
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Been reading the comments on her loss. Just depresses me how good she used to be and what is happening now. And I don't know if she'll ever get better than this. I remember last year thinking after her loss to Georges in Miami last year - what if that level became permanent. Now I just don't know. That fear I had then seems all to real now.

The last thing on my mind now is having any problem with what she might say at her interviews about her play and her loss or thinking about her ranking or making / not making it to the YEC or thinking about any draws. I would just love to see Caro play well and I just miss the Caro who used to play so well.
I think you mean Petkovic, not Goerges unless you are thinking of Stuttgart or Madrid.

Things do look fairly bad at the moment but you just never know what might happen tomorrow. I don't expect much for the rest of this year but next year she could have her best ever season. If her game clicks and everything comes together we will all quickly forget the rough results over the last year. If her game doesn't click and come together...well, that would be unfortunate but all we can do is sit back and watch what happens.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #3545
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We've been discussing this all year. Its was obvious by Doha, Dubai, that this was a different year than the last couple
Its very hard to get to the top. The few who spend years and years at the top are the alltime greats
From AO 2011 to Stuttgart final she was 31-3. New year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #3546
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to consider is how serious Radwanska is taking the chance to become #1. If that's a goal of hers she will play NH in full force I think.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #3547
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think you mean Petkovic, not Goerges unless you are thinking of Stuttgart or Madrid.
Oops . I'll edit my post.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #3548
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Panorama News@TennisNewsTPN
Pavlyuchenkova has withdrawn from #NHO12 @NewHavenopen

Lucky loser from qualifying will replace Pavs

Its possible this field gets a bit watered down. Its hot in Cincy

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #3549
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's good news then!

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #3550
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Oops . I'll edit my post.
Not a huge mistake to make. I only noticed because that match is burned into my brain. One of the worst tennis matches I have ever seen. I never would have kept watching if Caroline had not been involved.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3551
country flag goldenlox

Tennis Panorama News@TennisNewsTPN
#NHO12 (3) Caroline Wozniacki plays 1st match vs Ekaterina Makarova on Monday Night at 7 p.m. -K

New Haven Open@newhavenopen
Sunday's Stadium OOP (Play starts @ Noon): Qualy Final; (8)Safarova v. Lepchenko; Stephens v. Paszek; (5)Bartoli v. Robson. #nho12

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3552
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Aside from her form, it all depends on how serious Kvitova and Radwanska will take the tournament.
I'm sure it's a goal for Aga to get to number one and that she'll be very motivated. Even though she probably won't be able to hold on to it for very long, and even though the media (and the TF clowns) would be on her case, nobody can take the achievement from her cv once it's on there.

Kvitova - I'm not sure. Since she's played a lot of tennis already in Toronto and Cincinnati, and since she struggles with the climate it may not even be a good idea for her to compete in New Haven. On the other hand, now that she's found her mojo again and is in the winning mood she might want to keep it going.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #3553
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

You may all know this already. I didn't. Only 3 players have ever won a tournament 5 years in a row. Chris Evert in Charleston, Steffi in Hamburg and Navratilova in Eastbourne, Wimbledon and Chicago.

Winning NH for a 5th time would almost make this terrible 2012 season, not too terrible.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #3554
country flag goldenlox

Yeah, and winning this week would show again how its all on Caro. Its not her dad, its not Rory.
She has to play steadier. That doesnt mean float in short balls, but she has to keep the ball on court. Not give the points away.
She has to be mentally into the match and compete for every point. Stop trying to win the point on your 1st forehand.
But she knows what she did when she won. Its not some mystery. She just would rather be aggressive and make 21 errors in one set

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #3555
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, and winning this week would show again how its all on Caro. Its not her dad, its not Rory.
She has to play steadier. That doesnt mean float in short balls, but she has to keep the ball on court. Not give the points away.
She has to be mentally into the match and compete for every point. Stop trying to win the point on your 1st forehand.
But she knows what she did when she won. Its not some mystery. She just would rather be aggressive and make 21 errors in one set
I don't believe that is true at all. If she knew how to get back to the way that she was playing circa August, 2010-April, 2011 she would do so. She's not happy losing early and making more errors than she used to. I think that the problem is that it is not easy to get to the level she had when she was at her best. She didn't win a slam but she really did have a phenomenal run. It is unrealistic for us to expect that she can get back to being that good and winning that often but she certainly is capable of playing much better than she has been over the last year.

Closed Thread