Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 236 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #3526
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think we all can keep it positive even if this is how Caroline's form will be from now on.
It just takes a while to make the adjustment from a player who was winning a lot of titles and a lot of deep runs.
There was a shift, we have to accept that this is her form.

I agree that Caroline doesnt play to please fans' expectations.
Sorry for being so blunt with my earlier post,but there are a couple things that I feel are worth adding.I've made the mistake before in being caught up in a player's external appearance to where I'd believe too much of the b.s. that she and her camp put out.Even though Caroline is ALSO abundant in physical beauty,that's not what drew me to her and I think that I can still comment on her and her career with reasonable objectivity.

Simply put,I first noticed a player in 2009 who didn't have the raw physical power that others were born with,but she had the intelligence,strength and determination to often overcome that.Was I hallucinating or was Caro really like that(that was rhetorical)??Have said it before and will say it to my dying day: Those who are internally strong might have difficult struggles in life,but they don't 'become' fundamentally weak,barring an extremely rare set of circumstances(conversely,those who are feeble in character almost never become strong).Just picture whatever great leaders you admire and you'll know right away that NOTHING could've made cowards out of them,even when they had just cause to fear a potential outcome.

On a lesser scale,Caro will either GENUINELY decide--meaning 'NOT based on frustration from lack of success'--that she doesn't love tennis as much as other priorities...whether it be motherhood or joining up with the WS fashion business interests.......OR she will reach down within herself and,with the help of dedicated others,find her way out of this.Winning a slam??I won't make empty guarantees on that stuff or rankings,but she'll at least leave no doubt that tennis was better off with her in it by the time that she steps away officially

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #3527
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Can Caro win New Haven fifth time in a row this year? First round Makarova, second round Pavly again, QF most probably Domi or Petko, then Aga in SF and probably Petra in a Final. This looks like a very tough draw.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #3528
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I would say this is the only Premier Caroline still has an intimidation factor.
So this will be an interesting week. She made the Copenhagen final ( only 2012 final), so you expect her to be as focused as possible here also
Then Thursday is the US Open draw.
This is the time of year she has had her best results the last 3 years.

No matter what you think about Caroline's tennis future, these next 3 weeks will tell for sure where her hardcourt game is.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #3529
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
Can Caro win New Haven fifth time in a row this year? First round Makarova, second round Pavly again, QF most probably Domi or Petko, then Aga in SF and probably Petra in a Final. This looks like a very tough draw.
It would naturally be totally amazing ... but realistically speaking, it ain't gonna happen. Maybe first match is a sort of 65/35 in Caro's favour, but already from R2, it's 50/50 at best.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #3530
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It depends. Caro should be fresh. Petra is playing a lot, Aga has a shoulder problem. Nastia isnt a sure winner.
I think there is a chance. Also important is what her USO draw looks like.
After the last 2 majors Caroline played, you dont want a tough week 1.

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #3531
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It depends. Caro should be fresh. Petra is playing a lot, Aga has a shoulder problem. Nastia isnt a sure winner.
I think there is a chance. Also important is what her USO draw looks like.
After the last 2 majors Caroline played, you dont want a tough week 1.
In her current form any week 1 will be a tough week 1. It would already be a relieve if she makes it to week 2. As for New Haven, there's not much reason to be optimistic beyond the fact that we're fans. If we look at her results this year objectively I don't see how one could come to the conclusion that she's going to win this. But hopefully Caro will start winning again at some point and her feel good tournament is as good a place to start as any. But I fear that this will turn out be wishful thinking part 17 for this year.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Aug 18th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3532
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martn7 View Post
New Haven draw is out.

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v BYE
Q v Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Mona Barthel (GER)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v (7)Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

(3)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Ekaterina Makarova (RUS)
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Q v Andrea Petkovic (GER)
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v (6)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

(5)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v (wc)Laura Robson (GBR)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Agnes Szavay (HUN) v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
(wc)Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v (4)Sara Errani (ITA)

(8)Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Q v Q
(2/wc)Petra Kvitova (CZE) v BYE

Another Caro - Pavlyuchenkova match can happen, but I'm not sure Caro will beat Makarova in R1
No bye this year. I dont say for sure Caro is going to win, but she lost her 1st matches at Rogers Cup, Cincy to Vinci & Mchale, and still won New Haven.
Chances are she will take this very seriously & you'll see her Paszek/Wimbledon form.
Whether thats good enough, we'll find out

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3533
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Only in the most technical sense(that is,a D-plus being in the high 60th percentile).In tennis,having a winning % near 70 is fairly good and,if your pride hadn't been hurt at your dumb comments being refuted,you would've seen those stats
I didn't assign the grades based on winning % though.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #3534
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not expecting a title in New Haven this year. What I'm hoping for is solid/good form unlike Montreal and Cincy. It would be nice to come out of this tournament with some positive signs like after Wimbledon or the Olympics.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #3535
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Aside from her form, it all depends on how serious Kvitova and Radwanska will take the tournament. If they are focused on winning it Caro will have a very hard time winning it even if she's in good form.

The place has always done wonders for her, maybe it will do again.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3536
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Aside from her form, it all depends on how serious Kvitova and Radwanska will take the tournament. If they are focused on winning it Caro will have a very hard time winning it even if she's in good form.

The place has always done wonders for her, maybe it will do again.
Kvitova's played a lot the last 2 weeks. With a major coming up, I'm not sure she even needs this tournament.
Aga hasnt been playing near her best, but she would definately be a threat if she's in this to win it.
Then there's Cibulkova or Pavlyuchenkova or Petkovic. It wont be easy. But this is the court Caro seems most comfortable on. Obviously, 2012 is a new year, and tuff to make any accurate predictions

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #3537
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Petkovic is coming straight back form injury, I don't think she will be at her full level just yet.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3538
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Last year Caro lost to McHale in Cincinatti and then beat her the week after in NH. Let's hope Caro can do the same this time with Pavly. Makarova first, though. Caro beat her 2 & 0 a few months ago in IW and our girl didn't play too well at that time, either.
The only player in the field against whom Caro would be a heavy undedog, is Petra. But if Petra makes the final in Cincinatti, I don't think she'll play NH (or at least drop out before final).
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3539
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Last year Caro lost to McHale in Cincinatti and then beat her the week after in NH. Let's hope Caro can do the same this time with Pavly. Makarova first, though. Caro beat her 2 & 0 a few months ago in IW and our girl didn't play too well at that time, either.
The only player in the field against whom Caro would be a heavy undedog, is Petra. But if Petra makes the final in Cincinatti, I don't think she'll play NH (or at least drop out before final).
But if Petra withdraws does Caro get her spot in the draw? I never really understood/learnt the rules, I don't know if Caro takes the spot or the next seeded player who wasn't seeded or something like that.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #3540
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on when Kvitova possible withdraws, if she wd after tomorrow OOP are out ithink a Next In seeded take her place...

But with Byes to Aga and PK they both may recover and play here...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread