Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 232 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3466
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

EDIT:Oops,sorry....I need to read more carefully as I didn't notice that you had altered Jimmie's post in that way.I'd thought that you were only commenting on it....still,it's NOT a double negative if you place the components in separate clauses
While I don't wanna argue gramma with you, Bruce (... and here I am ), here's a brief copy / past from Wiki.

"A double negative occurs when two forms of negation are used in the same sentence. Multiple negation is the more general term referring to the occurrence of more than one negative in a clause."

As it was inside same sentence, the correct term is double negative

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3467
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if losing early in New Haven would be the thing that finally wakes her up and makes her realise how far she has fallen? For the last four years she has won there, there must be some part of her that expects a title there. That's the only title she is currently holding and if she loses there this will be the first time that she has been titleless in years.

I still don't think that things are nearly as bad as some of you. Talking about her retiring is ridiculous, but she needs to do some serious work on her game and she has got to do much better next year. Otherwise she will become a bit of a joke on the tour.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3468
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I wonder if losing early in New Haven would be the thing that finally wakes her up and makes her realise how far she has fallen? .
I don't think "waking up" is needed, more and more I get the feeling that these are conscious decisions she makes.

She must be clever enough to understand that having the golfer around hurts her focus and yet she decides so. It's her decision and it's an unfortunate one but I highly doubt she hasn't figured out the mechanics in the past 12 months..

Like I said, it's all about being unwilling to make sacrifices. She takes these losses as the price she pays for her lifestyle right now. Getting better results would require cutting into that and she's not willing.

No one can blame her, it's her life... but I don't think it's anything she needs to be waken up from.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #3469
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder if losing early in New Haven would be the thing that finally wakes her up and makes her realise how far she has fallen? For the last four years she has won there, there must be some part of her that expects a title there. That's the only title she is currently holding and if she loses there this will be the first time that she has been titleless in years.

I still don't think that things are nearly as bad as some of you. Talking about her retiring is ridiculous, but she needs to do some serious work on her game and she has got to do much better next year. Otherwise she will become a bit of a joke on the tour.
Cuz losing in straight sets to someone you were 5-0 and had never lost a set to and has been slumping badly isn't a pretty big wakeup call?

I guess it depends on what sort of tennis future people think is ok for Caro. At the moment she's a long way from the top 5. At the same time it looks like she'll hang around in the top 15/top 20 range.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #3470
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I don't think "waking up" is needed, more and more I get the feeling that these are conscious decisions she makes.

She must be clever enough to understand that having the golfer around hurts her focus and yet she decides so. It's her decision and it's an unfortunate one but I highly doubt she hasn't figured out the mechanics in the past 12 months..

Like I said, it's all about being unwilling to make sacrifices. She takes these losses as the price she pays for her lifestyle right now. Getting better results would require cutting into that and she's not willing.

No one can blame her, it's her life... but I don't think it's anything she needs to be waken up from.
I agree.
She just doesnt care or she would have had a full time coach a long time ago.
She likes having parents around, she likes Rory fawning over her after she loses.
Its much easier on your body to lose early every tournament.

She's in a comfort zone where she enjoys this. Otherwise, she'd be training every day with a proven coach
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #3471
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Cuz losing in straight sets to someone you were 5-0 and had never lost a set to and has been slumping badly isn't a pretty big wakeup call?

I guess it depends on what sort of tennis future people think is ok for Caro. At the moment she's a long way from the top 5. At the same time it looks like she'll hang around in the top 15/top 20 range.
I was thinking that New Haven is the last title that she has. Since the slump started she has done worse and worse but in the back of her mind maybe she was thinking "at least I have my New Haven title." Once she loses there (which seems extremely likely) she will be holding no titles since what, 2008 maybe? That's quite a while.

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #3472
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline was just too Passive really & her FH need work ASAP

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3473
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Thomas J has said he's ready to go full time, as much as his family will allow. It's all up to Caro.
What I want to see is Johansson is New Haven and Rory nowhere to be seen until after the US Open.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3474
country flag Protoss

Quote:
I was thinking that New Haven is the last title that she has. Since the slump started she has done worse and worse but in the back of her mind maybe she was thinking "at least I have my New Haven title." Once she loses there (which seems extremely likely) she will be holding no titles since what, 2008 maybe? That's quite a while.
There would still be other things she could cling to: made a grand slam quarterfinal at the Australian Open, beat Serena in Miami, and so on.

It would be since Stockholm in late July 2008.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3475
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Caro being passive isn't news, but before she used to run down almost every ball. These days, there are times when she doesn't bother at all, and I don't blame her because she runs down the ball just to hit an UE with her FH. That forehand is worse than ever, and until she fixes it, there is nothing to do, it's just too easy for her opponents to pick on it. A bit of power on the FH side and she struggles to control the ball.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3476
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Razzano beat Serena as well. It might be ha harsh comparison but she shouldn't rest on such fluke wins too much. Her record against Serena is still terrible.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #3477
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Razzano beat Serena as well. It might be ha harsh comparison but she shouldn't rest on such fluke wins too much. Her record against Serena is still terrible.
And you cant have an easier draw R16 at a major than Jankovic. So the AO was a soft draw.
We are talking about a player who was #1 for 2010 & 2011. Her 2012 looks similar to Makarova.

She has real problems. The biggest is hunger. Her career has to be more important to her than having fun
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #3478
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
I think that the consensus is that the win over Serena was only meaningful if she was able to use it to propel herself to greater success. That didn't exactly happen. She essentially just went back to losing early.

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #3479
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Well at AO she wasn't playing half as bad as today and JJ wasn't "that" pathetic back then, she actually was unlucky there, she draw Clijsters in her quarter as top seed, Maria was lucky that Serena crumbled on the other side and Vika got Aga.

Anyway that's long gone, I think her problem has an easy solution. Work, work and work on that forehand. I don't even care right know about her mediocre serve, it's that wing that's bringing her completely down. 28 UE (I'd say more) is just unacceptable.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #3480
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why you guys are getting upset with Caro today. It's Jimmie's fault that she lost today. Blame him this time!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread