Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 231 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3451
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

chill out people, Kirilenko was never a top 10 player, she was chosen by obvious reasons, so I don't think they care too much about whether Caro drops or not a few spots. Caro is sucking major time, that forehand is just too big of a liability these days I don't understand why isn't she hitting forehands 5 days a week 2 hours, I mean it needs serious work, forget about the rest, get that forehand to a decent level!
That said, just look at the top 20-30 so many players are slumping, despite Caro's slump she is still 11th she can drop a few more places but that's about it, I don't think she can suck anymore right?

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #3452
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Damn, people are so negative. The improvements aren't going to happen overnight. Her serve is in synch now. Next is the technical problems she's having with her forehand, not in practice but in matches. She still hits too much off her back foot.

C'mon people, cheer up.
Lots of players are a lot better in practice than in actual matches.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #3453
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont see a happy ending to going for aggressive forehands. Goerges & Lisicki have excellent forehands, and they dont win anything.
Indeed. And also they have better serves than Caro. Still don't win anything of any importance. But the German player, who's most like 'old' Caro, she's moving up and up and further up.

We have been over it before, but time line with Rory fits her slump. It also fits the debacle about new 'video' coach and Piotr's famous 'Now she'll swing wild at every ball' comment ..

Whatever was behind it, they caved into 'experts' advice and this is where we are now. 12 month wasted and a slump with no end in sight.

I hope tennis academies will use Caroline as an example, why you need to be strong and raise your middle finger to media pundits and similar 'experts'. Each player is different and must adopt a style, which suits her the best.

No going back now and new style isn't working. Rock. Hard place.

Her family and Piotr was - imho - never the problem. On the contrary. They were the solution. Stability and solid surroundings.

Neither is the Yonex racket the problem. It worked fine up to and incl USO 2011. If it's however not suited to new playing style .. ? I suppose then it is part of the problem.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3454
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
But the German player, who's most like 'old' Caro, she's moving up and up and further up.

We have been over it before, but time line with Rory fits her slump. It also fits the debacle about new 'video' coach and Piotr's famous 'Now she'll swing wild at every ball' comment ..
Yeah, that really is the bitter part. Kerber has exactly the game Caro is theoretically striving for. She can receive very well but she can be aggressive when the time calls for it as well, she has both strengths combined.

As far as the golfer goes, I don't think anybody can seriously argue that he plays a major role in this. It all fits perfectly.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3455
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yeah, that really is the bitter part. Kerber has exactly the game Caro is theoretically striving for. She can receive very well but she can be aggressive when the time calls for it as well, she has both strengths combined.

As far as the golfer goes, I don't think anybody can seriously argue that he doesn't play a major role in this. It all fits perfectly.
The sentence needed a double negative .. Had it not been Rory though, it could have been someone else. Miss C was ready for luuve and found it.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #3456
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Had it not been Rory though, it could have been someone else. Miss C was ready for luuve and found it.
It's being in a relationship as such that's the problem, it's the nature. I'm pretty sure she had guys before but it had no major influence on her.

But all this high-profile celebrity/media relationship bullshit, it's distracting. Whatever, I hope it's worth it for her. God forbid Mr hotshot golfer decides one day that it would be much more fun to have an actress-girlfriend and she has to look back at all the precious career opportunities she let slip away because of this.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3457
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The sentence needed a double negative .. Had it not been Rory though, it could have been someone else. Miss C was ready for luuve and found it.
Actually,Jimmie's grammar was just fine there...better than YOURS.A double negative only exists when the two negative components are within the same clause.However,Jimmie typed 'doesn't' after he began a separate,dependent clause that began with the word 'that',so he was perfectly all right

I also agree with his mentioning of Kerber as a fine example of what Caroline could strive for(while still being her own person,of course).That style of play shows the counterpunching that Caro used to do so well,prior to her slump,while still allowing for the kind of aggression to finish off points quickly when the opportunity arises

EDIT:Oops,sorry....I need to read more carefully as I didn't notice that you had altered Jimmie's post in that way.I'd thought that you were only commenting on it....still,it's NOT a double negative if you place the components in separate clauses

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3458
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Sorry,Protoss,I tried to find it but only got 'TBA' for the NH MD.As you might have known,the Q-draws have already been released for NH and Dallas,too,and the Dallas site claims that they'll release their MD on Saturday.Play in NH begins tomorrow at 10am while Dallas waits for the heat to subside at 5pm...they also only have 16 in their Q-draw.My guess is that NH will release their MD sometime after their first round of qualies ends cuz I think they've done it on Friday in previous years.

While we're speaking of upcoming events,USO qualies run from August 21st to the 24th and there are 128 players instead of 96.I just can't recall: Do they run the men's and women's qualies over the first 2 days or do they start with the men first on Tuesday and then the gals on Wednesday??
Thanks anyway. Singles main draw starts on sunday in New Haven so I think it'll probably released today.

I checked and the Atp and Wta qualies started at the same time last year.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #3459
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed. And also they have better serves than Caro. Still don't win anything of any importance. But the German player, who's most like 'old' Caro, she's moving up and up and further up.

Whatever was behind it, they caved into 'experts' advice and this is where we are now. 12 month wasted and a slump with no end in sight.

I hope tennis academies will use Caroline as an example, why you need to be strong and raise your middle finger to media pundits and similar 'experts'. Each player is different and must adopt a style, which suits her the best.

No going back now and new style isn't working. Rock. Hard place.

Her family and Piotr was - imho - never the problem. On the contrary. They were the solution. Stability and solid surroundings.

Neither is the Yonex racket the problem. It worked fine up to and incl USO 2011. If it's however not suited to new playing style .. ? I suppose then it is part of the problem.
The commentator's job is to give their opinion. I dont blame them. They didnt like Caroline's game, and they were right. Caroline didnt like it either, or she would have kept it.

I agree that Caroline's last 12 months, and however long it takes to get good results again (if ever) is a warning to young players.
Build on what you do best. Stay with what got you to this level, otherwise you'll have no confidence.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3460
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
He has a tennis academy in China, so working with Li Na is the best advert he can dream of for his academy, especially if she would start doing well again.
I was not aware of that.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3461
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

New Haven draw is out.

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v BYE
Q v Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Mona Barthel (GER)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v (7)Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

(3)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Ekaterina Makarova (RUS)
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Q v Andrea Petkovic (GER)
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v (6)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

(5)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v (wc)Laura Robson (GBR)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Agnes Szavay (HUN) v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
(wc)Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v (4)Sara Errani (ITA)

(8)Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
Q v Q
(2/wc)Petra Kvitova (CZE) v BYE

Another Caro - Pavlyuchenkova match can happen, but I'm not sure Caro will beat Makarova in R1
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #3462
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

and Petkovic or Cibulkova in R2.... we might be looking at yet another early exit, both have beaten her before when she was playing way better.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #3463
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Katya, Nastia, Domi, Aga, Petra.
Thats her possible run, and all of these players can beat Caro.

For a while I though if Caro got embarrassing results, it would wake her up.
Now I think she almost prefers losing early. Now she can hang with Rory. Have a few days off after a short week.
Thats her 2012 year.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3464
country flag TennisFan66

^ The way Caroline plays at the moment, she should be pleased if she makes R2 ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3465
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Oh Lord Hopefully there some more Pull out
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread