Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #3436
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Thomas J has said he's ready to go full time, as much as his family will allow. It's all up to Caro.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #3437
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

The current match brings up memories of Beijing 11. Until that tournament Caro was 5-0 against Pennetta and I considered it almost impossible for our girl to lose against a player ranked in the 20s whom she owned so completely. Now another 5-0 streak is in danger of being broken, but let's hope Caro can turn it around.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Aug 17th, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3438
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Oh God. Yes, that horrible match against Pennetta. We've had so many low points this last year and we're still falling *sighs*

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #3439
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If I was Caro I would talk to other players about available coaches. Who is good with tactics & technique. And I would hire a full time coach, tell my parents I want to travel with a tennis only team. Coach, hitting partner, physical therapist. The parents can come to matches, but stay away from practices.
Yep that would be great, that's the way Vika is doing it for example. Only a few people who travel with her, no family, no boyfriend, just full concentration on tennis.

We often hear that Caro has the biggest entourage of all players and I honestly think it's not helping this situation at all, she needs to concentrate on the basics again.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #3440
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Adidas is losing faith in Caroline. The much talked about £3mill minimum a year, 5 year deal, was suppose to have been officially announced post the Olympics.

So far, she has managed to keep her sponsorship deals, but for how long?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #3441
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I wonder if Adidas is losing faith in Caroline. The much talked about £3mill minimum a year, 5 year deal, was suppose to have been officially announced post the Olympics.

Well, so far she was in an excellent spot as Adidas really has no other options among the top players. However, if she really falls out of the Top 10 I think Caro dosen't belong in that group anymore either.

Her private life has keeping her relevant but that wears down as well, sooner or later she'll feel a major hit on her paycheck if this continues. She still gets paid like a top player (I think she was ranked 3rd or 4th in earnings in 2011) but she's not delivering the results anymore.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #3442
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The sponsorship question is an interesting question.
I have no confidence that she will be relevant again. And as I've said many times, I dont think she cares enough.
She has to save her career, and I dont see anything going on to do that.
I see a sloppy, irrelevant player, who has money, and now has more free time. Because she loses early in tournaments a lot.

She just went about 2 months without a win, about 3 months with 2 match wins.
The old Caro would never do that in the middle of the year.

She had a style that worked, and she wanted to win matches. This player is like a different person than the old Caroline.
Very Kournikova-ish, towards the end of Anna's career. Famous boyfriend, shell of a once successful tennis player
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #3443
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The sponsorship question is an interesting question.
I have no confidence that she will be relevant again. And as I've said many times, I dont think she cares enough.
She has to save her career, and I dont see anything going on to do that.
I see a sloppy, irrelevant player, who has money, and now has more free time. Because she loses early in tournaments a lot.

She just went about 2 months without a win, about 3 months with 2 match wins.
The old Caro would never do that in the middle of the year.

She had a style that worked, and she wanted to win matches. This player is like a different person than the old Caroline.
Very Kournikova-ish, towards the end of Anna's career. Famous boyfriend, shell of a once successful tennis player
You really believe that things are that bleak? I remember that your posts in GM about a year ago regarding Caroline were much more optimistic. No doubt about it she is having a bad year but there is still an awful lot of time for her to get her game sorted and get back into the top five. I'm not sure that she will ever get back to number one but I think you are being much too pessimistic about her future.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #3444
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
You really believe that things are that bleak? I remember that your posts in GM about a year ago regarding Caroline were much more optimistic. No doubt about it she is having a bad year but there is still an awful lot of time for her to get her game sorted and get back into the top five. I'm not sure that she will ever get back to number one but I think you are being much too pessimistic about her future.
Maybe but I agree about the "not caring enough" thing. I'm not saying she's lazy, she's working pretty hard. But mindset-wise she's still oddly at peace with her situation, can you imagine 2010 Caroline being happy with this kind of results?

If she was really pissed and poised to get her game back on track she would act different. Having the golfer around wouldn't be a priority then but she's still looking for that comfort and distraction. And that's where the problem lies.

She's not missing much but it's that last 2-3% of dedication that are needed to make it back to the top and she's for some reason unwilling to go there.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #3445
country flag TennisFan66

^ Well, fact is it's been a year long slump now and I personally think, it's only natural to be concerned Caroline will never again regain her form. I can also personally follow the 'don't seem to care so much any longer' opinion.

It is what it is and maybe this is lacking towards the end .. I've followed Caroline since she was a young teenager wearing metal braces .. To see her rise to #1 in the world and finish as YE#1 twice, far exceeded my hopes for her. Je Non Regret Rien

It's good to be optimistic. Even better to be realistic. I think Goldenlux is just being the latter.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #3446
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

It's just odd how she can't seem to stay hungry enough. She still hasn't reached tennis major goal, it's not like she's at the end of her career with nothing more to do really.

God knows I don't like her but look at Sharapova, Caro could take a page out of her book. She has all the money and stardom in the world, won so much but she's still dedicated to her career and she looks hungry and determined.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #3447
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regarding a coach I was surprised when Carlos Rodriguez recently started working with Na Li. I had just assumed that he was finished with coaching. I wonder if Caroline ever approached him about coaching her?
He has a tennis academy in China, so working with Li Na is the best advert he can dream of for his academy, especially if she would start doing well again.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #3448
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think things are bleak as far as being a Hall of Fame player who spends years near the top of the sport.
I think its certainly possible she can hang around in the top 20
I dont see a happy ending to going for aggressive forehands. Goerges & Lisicki have excellent forehands, and they dont win anything.
This whole idea of being more aggressive to win majors, she has to do it in a way that she is capable of doing it. Aggressive forehand is her weakest shot. I dont see how she is going to win making lots of unforced errors. She doesnt have to weapons to overcome it

I hope I'm wrong. But I think a great player would have freaked out by Doha, Dubai and made real changes then.
Her summer was awful, and made no sense for a long term #1. There's only a handful of them in history
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3449
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I think Caro will keep being sponsored by Adidas. The amount she'll be payed will almost certainly be much lower though.

Caro may end up being dumped by Stella McCartney. Maria K used to wear Stella's clothes before Caro. But she went into a slump and ended up being replaced. Maria is still sponsored by Adidas though.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #3450
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Damn, people are so negative. The improvements aren't going to happen overnight. Her serve is in synch now. Next is the technical problems she's having with her forehand, not in practice but in matches. She still hits too much off her back foot.

C'mon people, cheer up.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread