Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 219 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #3271
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Anyone know her 3 set record this year?
I'm far too lazy to check. D:
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #3272
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Anyone know her 3 set record this year?
I'm far too lazy to check. D:
11- 3 seters, lost 7 of them, 1 retirement, to Anabel Medina Garrigues in Rom.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #3273
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Those Canadians are doing everything they can to help the home girl :

Pas de matchs avant 20h. Wozniak-Wozniacki sera sur le central, Kvitova-Paszek sur le Court BN, et Safarova-Vinci sur le 9. #CoupeRoger

They are rescheduling Kvitova-Paszek to BN, so Caro's match can start at 8PM on time on CC.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #3274
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Back on hardcourt, back in a semi. She was in Miami semis & Copenhagen final before clay & grass.
Now lets see if she can play like a USO contender & YEC player from here out
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #3275
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Caro

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #3276
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
11- 3 seters, lost 7 of them, 1 retirement, to Anabel Medina Garrigues in Rom.
Dang. Didn't realize it was that bad. She's been doing better though.
Thanks!

I didn't get to see the match against Wozniak.. was Caro better against her than against Varvara? I watched the WTA highlights of the Wozniak match, but it doesn't really show too much.
Anyone else think she's hitting just a bit harder? Is her string tension back to the lowered amount?
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #3277
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,things at least halfway worked out today at monkey-f--k Montreal,den of Canadian Catholic inbreeding...I'll let OTHERS debate how well Paszek would've done with equal rest and,apparently,Li and Aga got about the same amount of rest as they each played two matches.My biggest question mark is the Vinci-Safarova match.Roberta had been playing fairly well this tourney and I wonder how much Lucie's 6-2,6-2 win was aided by fatigue;however,Vinci is a pretty fit gal who often plays singles and doubles the same day,so maybe I'm exaggerating the advantage....and that leaves Caro with the most impressive win of the day as she competed in 2 full matches and won the second vs. someone who barely had to break a sweat earlier.The SF will be a matchup of faves but,IMO,Caroline needs this victory a bit more so I'll....................leave the remainder to your imaginations in case any non-fans come lurking thru here

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #3278
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Dang. Didn't realize it was that bad. She's been doing better though.
Thanks!

I didn't get to see the match against Wozniak.. was Caro better against her than against Varvara? I watched the WTA highlights of the Wozniak match, but it doesn't really show too much.
Anyone else think she's hitting just a bit harder? Is her string tension back to the lowered amount?
Maybe she played marginally better against Alex than Varvara. They are different players. Varvara, IMO, played realy well, and should have beaten Caro in two sets, but then Caro got a break point and stole the second set, the third set was tight, but one had the feeling that it was just a question of time before Varvara made some more or less stupid mistakes. I think it was a very good match.

The match against Alex was altso pretty even, but I was never in doubt, that Caro was going to win it. Alex playes relatively long rallies and gives Caro rythm, so of course as the match progressed, Caro started to play better.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #3279
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro now 8-0 in Montréal!
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #3280
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the Wozniak match live but I just finished watching it. So happy that she was able to make the semis here. After the first set against Lepchenko a lot of people seemed to think it was hopeless and that even if Caroline won that match in three that she had no chance against Wozniak. Obviously Caroline proved those people to be wrong. Of course I want to see her beat Petra today but I really think that the tournament has already been a success for Caroline. Her draw really opened up and she took full advantage of it by beating the players ranked below her who she should be beating. If she can do that for the rest of the year and meet lots of top ten players (hopefully beating some of them) I will be happy. Now she has a match against a top ten player. Oddly both Petra and Caroline have yet to defeat a player ranked in the top ten in 2012 so assuming the match is played and completed one of them is going to get a top ten win this year.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #3281
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Oddly both Petra and Caroline have yet to defeat a player ranked in the top ten in 2012 so assuming the match is played and completed one of them is going to get a top ten win this year.
Bartoli is ranked #10 so Petra fixed that the other day.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #3282
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Darn you and your precious facts!

Obviously what I meant to say is that neither one of them have a win over a top nine ranked player.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #3283
country flag poulao

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Good for her
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #3284
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I didn't see the Wozniak match live but I just finished watching it.
They've been showing it on EU this morning and I've just finished watching some of it again. She seemed so much better in the replay winning long rallies when she always seemed to lose them when I watched her live. That last game when she lost a 40-0 lead on her serve - she didn't play nearly as bad as it seemed when I knew the result.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #3285
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

So far,no bitter comments from Wozniak after Caroline ended what WOULD have been a monotonous run of,"First Canadian to...",until she finally lost.The other SF just ended and,with that result,no one can rightfully complain about Caro's draw if she pulls this off

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread