Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 217 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #3241
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Within 3 days the draw has turned this tourney from tough to very well winnable for her. This is the chance for her to get back to her winning ways, I don't think such an opportunity will come along any time soon again.
Petra & Aga could be tough, but yeah, much easier than having to beat Maria & Vika just to make the final. And Serena is back in Cincy.
Still, the way things are going, one match at a time. This next opponent is okay, and Caro cant be shanking forehands on key points
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #3242
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Cincy draw is out. Bottom half Caro/Petra, Serena/Kerber.
Top half is much weaker. So better play well here

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #3243
country flag goldenlox

Caroline is scheduled to play 2 matches Saturday, if the rain holds up.
Thats a health risk, but she should put her energy into this week

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/french/orderOfPlay8.php

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #3244
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline is scheduled to play 2 matches Saturday, if the rain holds up.
Thats a health risk, but she should put her energy into this week

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/french/orderOfPlay8.php
Caro's far too sweet to ever say this,but I'd love to see one of these incompetent idiot tournaments,that DESPERATELY need more indoor facilities(Montreal,Bad Gastein,Kuala Lumpur...there may be a few I'm forgetting),getting told off.Caro's idol might have said,in her heyday,'Go f--k yourselves!I don't respect you enough to pretend I have some minor injury;I just need to avoid playing 3 matches in one day before I compete in a REAL tourney that doesn't get pissed on from the heavens 16 hrs. per day.Go ahead and let the WTA douchebags fine me---seeya later,losers!'

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #3245
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Caro's far too sweet to ever say this,but I'd love to see one of these incompetent idiot tournaments,that DESPERATELY need more indoor facilities(Montreal,Bad Gastein,Kuala Lumpur...there may be a few I'm forgetting),getting told off.Caro's idol might have said,in her heyday,'Go f--k yourselves!I don't respect you enough to pretend I have some minor injury;I just need to avoid playing 3 matches in one day before I compete in a REAL tourney that doesn't get pissed on from the heavens 16 hrs. per day.Go ahead and let the WTA douchebags fine me---seeya later,losers!'
Martina Hingis: now and forever.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #3246
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well - all the tournaments manage to get the matches completed eventually. If we were getting tournaments where they didn't get a winner - the organisers would deserve the flak. But they always do.

Personally - I see it as an extra challenge to the players. Sure some players are great at indoors, no wind, no bad bounces, everything perfect situations.

Challenges of coping with wind. Mental challenges of coping with disrupted matches and rain breaks. Stamina challenges of two matches in one day. Sure it's difficult. Can be unfair - but where do yopu ever get complete fairness. Some players in these situations will cope better than other players.

I remember Eastbourne last year affected by rain and wind. Petra played SF and F in the same day - the last day there (but lost to Bartoli). We get Vika pulling out surprise surprise. But Petra just did her best and went on to win Wimbledon. Tournament directors must love players like Caro and Petra.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #3247
country flag goldenlox

Playing 2 full matches in one day is wear & tear on a player. Then they have a tough match the next day, and next. It could cause an injury.
The sport is more physical than it used to be with these rackets and strings.
So she's going to play, but if she feels something is wrong physical, she should retire from Montreal. Its not a major and its not her goal for the year and its not worth missing the next 2 months to give 5 hours of effort in one day because they dont have a roof in Montreal

Sometimes these things happen. You get a soft draw but bad weather screws up the week.
She has to leave here healthy. Thats #1 priority.

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #3248
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She has to leave here healthy. Thats #1 priority.
Definitely. Top priority. And as the organizers know, the winner of Lepchenko - Caro will have to play again later, why not schedule this match first ...

But nope, in order to give as much advantage to home gal Wozniak, Lepchenko - Caro is only 3rd match up and the winner will be forced to play again (likely against Wozniak) just a few hours later.

I think there's a case for saying some harsh words about the organizing of this tournament.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #3249
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Please guys, don't blow this out of proportions. Caro is physically more than capable of handling it. Of course she'll be tired, but so what? Hopefully she wins both matches and gets a good nights sleep.

Last edited by poulao : Aug 11th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #3250
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
PlPlease guys, don't blow this out of proportions. Caro is physically more than capable of handling it. Of course she'll be tired, but so what? Hopefully she wins both matches and gets a good nights sleep.
Is she? She was very much tired in the 3rd set against Paszek and her overall 3 set record for the year is poor. Plus Caro is sick which would likely stamina problems.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3251
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Well - all the tournaments manage to get the matches completed eventually. If we were getting tournaments where they didn't get a winner - the organisers would deserve the flak. But they always do.

Personally - I see it as an extra challenge to the players. Sure some players are great at indoors, no wind, no bad bounces, everything perfect situations.

Challenges of coping with wind. Mental challenges of coping with disrupted matches and rain breaks. Stamina challenges of two matches in one day. Sure it's difficult. Can be unfair - but where do yopu ever get complete fairness. Some players in these situations will cope better than other players.

I remember Eastbourne last year affected by rain and wind. Petra played SF and F in the same day - the last day there (but lost to Bartoli). We get Vika pulling out surprise surprise. But Petra just did her best and went on to win Wimbledon. Tournament directors must love players like Caro and Petra.
actually,Terjw,there WAS at least one tourney a while back where the two finalists simply had to split the winnings cuz the tourney couldn't get completed....IIRC,it was one of your Brit Wimby tune-ups.As others have said,forcing players to compete in 3 matches in one day is simply asinine and an injury risk,and the WTA should tell that tourney to f--k off and come back in 3 or 4 years once they've built indoor facilities to compensate.Caro's a smart gal,though;after one bad,memorable experience,she'll be disinclined to honor clown college tourneys with her presence

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3252
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Is she? She was very much tired in the 3rd set against Paszek and her overall 3 set record for the year is poor. Plus Caro is sick which would likely stamina problems.
Is she? Just because some dude says something on Twitter dosen't mean it's true.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #3253
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
No, it's that Irish guy that keeps her up all nights
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #3254
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Definitely. Top priority. And as the organizers know, the winner of Lepchenko - Caro will have to play again later, why not schedule this match first ...

But nope, in order to give as much advantage to home gal Wozniak, Lepchenko - Caro is only 3rd match up and the winner will be forced to play again (likely against Wozniak) just a few hours later.

I think there's a case for saying some harsh words about the organizing of this tournament.
But the winner of the first match on CC, Aga - Scheepers, will also be playing a second match later in the day. Same goes for the first match on BN, Li - Errani, and Paszek - Navarro on C9. They'd have to move Caro's match (or one of the others) to C5 in order for all the 'double players' to play their first match early.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #3255
country flag goldenlox

2 matches in one day could be 5 hours of singles. Then another match tomorrow against a good opponent.
Caroline just went a few months with only a few matches.

I see both sides. Its a great draw for Tier I points, but its a lot of tennis bunched together, and a lot more tournaments after this

Closed Thread