Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 207 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #3091
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

So she's playing the mixed now as well? I hope she arrives well rested in Montreal, this part of the year is crucial now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #3092
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline had no real chance against Serena on grass.
Its 5 time Wimbledon winner against a player who never won a round of 16 at Wimbledon.

Now that grass is over, Caroline has to really take this next part of the year seriously.
If she's still losing early and hanging around golf courses this hardcourt season, thats probably where her career is going to go to
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3093
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Before the match against Daniela, I saw a post in general messages that said that Daniela had stated in her post 2nd round match interview that she preferred to play Caro in the 3rd round instead of Wickmayer. I don't know if that was true, but it seemed an odd statement to me if it was. Daniela is 5-0 against Wickmayer with only 1 set lost whereas she was 1-3 against Caro with no sets won outside of the French Open match.
I think Daniela said that because she's good friends with Caro. I think she'd rather play a friend than Wicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
So she's playing the mixed now as well? I hope she arrives well rested in Montreal, this part of the year is crucial now.
What mixed? They didn't get the WC as far as I know

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3094
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, I'm pretty split about her run at the Olympics. Before it started I think any of us would be very pleased to be told that she would make the quarters. At the same time once she got there I had hoped that she would at least put up a decent fight. It's tough seeing her get bageled.

It's great that she can beat Keothavong, Wickmayer and Hantuchova but against Serena she showed that she still has a lot of room to improve when it comes to playing the very best. Of course Serena at her best on grass is a match that Caroline probably has no hope of winning no matter how well she is playing. I hope we get to see her play some of the top players on hardcourts this summer/fall, that should give us a better idea of where her game is at.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM   #3095
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

I only saw the second set, but Caroline was playing well. I guess she was not so good in the first one. No matter what, Serena is just the better player. It would have been wonderful if Caroline had beaten her today, but we could not expect it. It's still a good run for our beloved, and it seems she's finally finding her game.

Now get ready for the American season and bring us some titles
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3096
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Huh, I'm pretty split about her run at the Olympics. Before it started I think any of us would be very pleased to be told that she would make the quarters. At the same time once she got there I had hoped that she would at least put up a decent fight. It's tough seeing her get bageled.

It's great that she can beat Keothavong, Wickmayer and Hantuchova but against Serena she showed that she still has a lot of room to improve when it comes to playing the very best. Of course Serena at her best on grass is a match that Caroline probably has no hope of winning no matter how well she is playing. I hope we get to see her play some of the top players on hardcourts this summer/fall, that should give us a better idea of where her game is at.
Caro hasn't been doing so well (10-10 prior to the Olympics) against players ranked in the 11-40 range so beating Wickmayer and Hantuchova is a step.

If you want to see Caro play top 10 players, then she's got to do a better job against those 11-40 ranked players.

Last edited by Protoss : Aug 2nd, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarification of win-loss record
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3097
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro hasn't been doing so well (10-10) against players ranked in the 11-40 range so beating Wickmayer and Hantuchova is a step.

If you want to see Caro play top 10 players, then she's got to do a better job against those 11-40 ranked players.
You're right.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM   #3098
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post

What mixed? They didn't get the WC as far as I know
They didn't? Didn't somebody in here posted something about them playing mixed?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3099
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently in order to play Mixed you have to play singles or doubles and since Freddie was one spot off making into singles they weren't eligible for a WC. That said some of the WC choices were not to mention some countries having 2 teams in such a small draw.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM   #3100
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I made a comment the other day in the match thread, but only to high light how stupid some commentators are ... They were pointing out Frederik Nielsen in the players box and claiming Caroline would be playing mix ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3101
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Nice run,Caroline;this was a tough draw to win a medal in,but I suspect that stringing together 3 consecutive wins--the last two vs. decent opponents--should help her confidence at least somewhat

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3102
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I made a comment the other day in the match thread, but only to high light how stupid some commentators are ... They were pointing out Frederik Nielsen in the players box and claiming Caroline would be playing mix ...
Ahh, that must have been it then, sorry.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #3103
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Renne said caro father want her too retire early at a young age i hope that not true i think she can atleast play till she 29-30 yr old unless she pull off a kimmy and retire and come back strong lol

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #3104
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

i also think it time she get some help from the adidas camp again with Darren Cahill ‏& Sven groeneveld

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #3105
country flag Blu€

I think she should stick with Thomas at the moment, Sven & co deal with too many players. I prefer if she has someone focused on her exclusively.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Closed Thread