Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 09:38 PM   #16
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

All of them, Vika, Maria, Petra, have a lot less to defend.
A year ago this was when Caroline was playing great every tournament.
So the best she can do this year is stay close in the race. As long as she's right there in 2012 points, it will be a meaningful 2nd half of the year.

Besides ranking, the other issue is majors. She has to be more consistent match to match.
Li broke her 6 of 7 times after Caro was 1 point from a win. She was 2 points from beating Cibulkova.
The losses to Dani & Kim she started down 06 14, and 36 25.

She needs 7 good matches, start to finish. There's no magic to it. Be consistent for a full tournament
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM   #17
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Charleston ends on April 8th and Copenhagen starts on April 9th (though they will probably push Caroline's first match back to the 10th). I really hope she skips Charleston. If she does she will be going from Miami (hardcourt) to Copenhagen (hardcourt) to (presumably) Stuttgart (clay), that makes a bit more sense plus it will give her some rest. April actually doesn't look too hectic with her likely playing Charleston (April 2-8), Copenhagen (April 9-15) and Stuttgart (April 23-29), although if she does go deep in Miami things may get a bit dicey (she could play the final on March 31st). May could really be packed if she plays all of the following: Madrid (May 5-13), Rome (May 14-20), Brussels (May 21-26) and then Roland Garros (May 27-June 9). To give herself any hope at all at Roland Garros she really should skip either Rome or Brussels.
She should be skipping Charleston and Brussels. Yes - both tournaments she's won and this makes it hard for her to say no. But she needs to be hard-nosed about this and be sensible. The priority is to give herself the best chance at RG.

The two tournaments I will never ask her to drop though are Copenhagen and New Haven. In thinking about a good schedule - it is completely unrealistic to suggest a schedule that does not include these two. They are both very special to her. But she can't have lots of other very special sacred tournaments if she wants to give herself the best chance at the slams as well.

I think skipping Rome should be out thhe question. But I think serious thought ought to be given to skipping Cinci or Toronto - and not just this year.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 04:11 AM   #18
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one. It's not the most positive of times with Caro just losing the #1 ranking and firing her coach, but while there isn't much we can do about that we can at least try to keep a civil tone here, even if we're somewhat frustrated about the way Caro's career is going right now. Ok?

Volume 4
Volume 3
Volume 2
Volume 1
Should've praised it earlier,but this really is a lovely thread-starting pic

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 05:36 AM   #19
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Let just Hope and Wish For the Best I Hope she find another Coach and Get rid of her Dad as a Coach.
lang26 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM   #20
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
She should be skipping Charleston and Brussels. Yes - both tournaments she's won and this makes it hard for her to say no. But she needs to be hard-nosed about this and be sensible. The priority is to give herself the best chance at RG.

The two tournaments I will never ask her to drop though are Copenhagen and New Haven. In thinking about a good schedule - it is completely unrealistic to suggest a schedule that does not include these two. They are both very special to her. But she can't have lots of other very special sacred tournaments if she wants to give herself the best chance at the slams as well.

I think skipping Rome should be out thhe question. But I think serious thought ought to be given to skipping Cinci or Toronto - and not just this year.
Yes, given the option Brussels should be skipped over Rome but she likes playing the week before a slam so maybe it would be easier for her to skip Rome? Of course she very rarely misses any of the mandatory/premiere five events so that is probably not an option either. It's just kind of crazy that she could be playing five weeks in a row (depending on how deep she goes).

Maybe fatigue was a factor last year at Roland Garros but she did not want to say it? I think that is the only way she would consider trimming her schedule.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #21
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yes, given the option Brussels should be skipped over Rome but she likes playing the week before a slam so maybe it would be easier for her to skip Rome? Of course she very rarely misses any of the mandatory/premiere five events so that is probably not an option either. It's just kind of crazy that she could be playing five weeks in a row (depending on how deep she goes).

Maybe fatigue was a factor last year at Roland Garros but she did not want to say it? I think that is the only way she would consider trimming her schedule.
It had to be, she wasn't just playing, she was preseason fitness training as well as playing.
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM   #22
gdmirou

gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
There was articles suggesting Sanchez would be evaluated post AO. I personally expressed scepticism, but it must have been correct. If you know something isn't working, it's best to acknowledge this and act accordingly.

That other 'observers' will cry 'knee jerk reaction' and 'panic' etc etc shouldn't bare any weight. If Caroline didn't feel it was working, as she had hoped, no point in continuing.

If Caroline can find her form from 2nd half 2010, 1st half 2011, I'd personally be pleased.

Many posters and 'experts' want Caroline to severe ties with her father. It's not up to any of us though. It's up to Caroline and just because most of us don't live in a similarly tightly knit family, it doesn't mean the Wozniackis cannot have good family relations.

It's her life. It's her family. It's her business. Not ours.
Gotta agree.
gdmirou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #23
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

There might come a time when she separates with her dad. Sharapova did it around 21. Dementieva always kept her mom around.
Its important that she's comfortable with the situation, because the sport is very mental and she has to feel ready and eager to play with her coaching situation.
You can never totally evaluate it from the outside.

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #24
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

She don't want a new coach now, just dad and the Adidas team as before. After the departure from that other coach she will stay with her dad ithink some years now...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM   #25
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It had to be, she wasn't just playing, she was preseason fitness training as well as playing.
That fitness training idea of Piotr's in the clay season last year didn't work out very well though. She hasn't got very good results at RG. I think clay is her worst surface and so does she. She's got nothing to lose by trying something different like cutting down on her matches around then.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM   #26
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
That fitness training idea of Piotr's in the clay season last year didn't work out very well though. She hasn't got very good results at RG. I think clay is her worst surface and so does she. She's got nothing to lose by trying something different like cutting down on her matches around then.
I think they did it because of the fatigue she showed in Miami, but It was a near disaster indeed.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #27
country flag goldenlox

In 2010 Caro played Fran in the FO QF, and Fran won that title.
Losing to Hantuchova was a bad result.
I still think she can compete for the FO title. She beat Fran in Brussels, played okay in Rome, Stuttgart.

Maybe the heavy workouts were a mistake. But ultimately Caroline cannot start down 16 14 to anyone on clay, especially a noncontender. And Caro missed an easy shortball on game point early in set 2.
She has to be sharp each round at a major. She won 18 titles, play well every match at majors.

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 04:16 AM   #28
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

At a very minimum,Piotr bears--not 'bares'--some blame for the lousy scheduling;it's hard for me to believe that he couldn't persuade Caro to cut back a bit...and,as an ex-pro athlete,there's less excuse for him to be ignorant of the potential fatigue factor on Caroline.

It's kind of stupidly obvious to say that 'it's her life';who else's would it be?Though I'm very pleased that Caroline has a loving,stable family,I wouldn't seeing Pop step back somewhat if he can't plan her tour calendar any better

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 04:40 AM   #29
country flag Burisleif

^ Hard to plan against being a victim of your own success when your normally a slow season starter.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 04:59 AM   #30
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
There might come a time when she separates with her dad. Sharapova did it around 21. Dementieva always kept her mom around.
Its important that she's comfortable with the situation, because the sport is very mental and she has to feel ready and eager to play with her coaching situation.
You can never totally evaluate it from the outside.
If there is a new coach at some point, Piotr needs to not be part of the coaching process in order for it to work.

After Wimbledon last year it sounded like she wanted to move on from Piotr as her coach.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread