Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 198 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2956
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Like I said, the Olympics are different. I'm pretty sure she'll be keen to hang out with the other Danish athletes and enjoy the atmosphere. A lot can happen in four years, she should savor the event..you'll never know.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2957
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like I said, the Olympics are different. I'm pretty sure she'll be keen to hang out with the other Danish athletes and enjoy the atmosphere. A lot can happen in four years, she should savor the event..you'll never know.
Let's hope not. Logistically that'll be a complete nightmare. The Olympic village is deep into East London and Wimbledon is in the South West.

The London Olympics have already been mocked for poor organization and numerous miss-steps. Spending 4-5 hours in traffic jams going back and forth between the Olympic village and Wimbledon training grounds, is not productive. Alternatively, she could of course go down to the village parking garage and find a wall to hit against? ..

Anyhoo, the large majority of the top tennis players will stay closer to Wimbledon and not in the Olympic village. So will Caroline.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #2958
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

That kind of sucks for the tennis players then. If they don't get to enjoy the Olympic atmosphere and stay in Wimbledon as usual, it's really not that special, isn't it?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2959
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That kind of sucks for the tennis players then. If they don't get to enjoy the Olympic atmosphere and stay in Wimbledon as usual, it's really not that special, isn't it?
Read the latest Der Spiegel, Jimmie and if you then still think the 'Olympic atmosphere' out in East London is something you don't want to miss, get back to the board

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #2960
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Now Nadal has left the Olympics will it be the chance for a Danish mixdouble? - anybody know?
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #2961
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Now Nadal has left the Olympics will it be the chance for a Danish mixdouble? - anybody know?
You are right of course, Frederik Nielsen was the first WC alt. Hmmmmm.

They're unlikely to start the draw a player short, but .... doesn't it go the next Spanish player in line and not a WC?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2962
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Frederik Nielsen will only get In if a wildcard player wd, other Spanish player will replace Nadal...

Btw, Caro will stay in her ''normal house'' near Wimby...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #2963
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

Feliciano López will replace Nadal in the Olympics singles competition. As Jorn said, I think a WC player would have to withdraw for Nielsen to get in
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2964
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Read the latest Der Spiegel, Jimmie and if you then still think the 'Olympic atmosphere' out in East London is something you don't want to miss, get back to the board
Why on Earth did they not place the village in the South/West london Budget cuts?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #2965
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Why on Earth did they not place the village in the South/West london Budget cuts?
There simply isn't available land to built new arenas, stadiums in London anywhere but deep into East London ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #2966
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The draw will be very interesting for a tournament like this. A lot of players, like Aga, are medal threats if they have the right draw.
I'm not sure if Caro can be considered a medal threat in her current form. But eventually she has to get out of this slump
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #2967
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we should be asking for too much in this situation, 1-2 wins would already be an improvement to her current situation.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #2968
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think we should be asking for too much in this situation, 1-2 wins would already be an improvement to her current situation.
Yeah, especially on grass, cant expect much. But a lot of this field has no shot also, so draw is unusually huge here
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #2969
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

In the current state of things, I keep my expectations low, but we should keep in mind that Caroline can beat most of the players in this tournament. With a good draw, she could go reasonably deep. Even if she don't win a medal, she could at least earn some points. And her performance at Wimbledon allows me to believe in a brighter future
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2970
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
In the current state of things, I keep my expectations low, but we should keep in mind that Caroline can beat most of the players in this tournament.
On hardcourt, yes. But not on grass, there's a string of players she's pretty much helpless against and has been in the past at Wimbledon when her form was much better.

As soon as she faces Serena or Kvitova she's toast.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Closed Thread