Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 193 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #2881
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont see how the Olympics can be a serious goal when she's lost 5 of her last 7 matches.She has to rebuild her game, her confidence. Find ways to win. Improve her serve. Play smarter in crucial moments.This has become a long term project and she still hasnt shown she can win while being aggressive on her forehand when the match is on the line.Just imagine if after the Olympics she goes to the hardcourt season and she is still losing to Mchale, Kanepi, Georges, Ivanovic, Paszek, Safarova, plus Maria, Serena, Vika, Aga, Kerber.What she did still doesnt make sense. Most players keep what they do best and add to it gradually. What she does best is play steady and make her opponents hit a lot of winners. Now thats gone.
True, she's not playing great but you only get a chance to play in the Olympics every four years so I think that it makes some sense for her to focus on that.

Of course I would rather see her win than lose but if she is losing to players in the top five/top ten I would consider that progress and at least that would mean that she is going deeper and making the quaters/semis rather than losing her first or second match.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2882
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably a bit odd coming from me but this forum has seemed a bit too negative of late. I thought there were some positive signs from her match against Paszek.

Don't forget that Paszek had beaten two top 10 players in a row, who are arguably better grass court players than Caro, in Eastbourne prior to playing Caro.

I'd say there's a difference between playing poorly and losing and playing reasonably well but not finishing. Caro's recent losses against McHale and Kanepi fall into the 1st category, the loss against Paszek falls into the 2nd category.

If Caro were to have finished off Paszek or had a better 1st round draw for that matter, I think there's a pretty good chance that she would have made the quarters.

Caro needs to try to build upon this match. It's gonna take some time to find quite the right balance of defense and offense.

Last edited by Protoss : Jul 10th, 2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: forgot word "there" before "were"
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #2883
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It's probably a bit odd coming from me but this forum has seemed a bit too negative of late. I thought there were some positive signs from her match against Paszek.

Don't forget that Paszek had beaten two top 10 players in a row, who are arguably better grass court players than Caro, in Eastbourne prior to playing Caro.

I'd say there's a difference between playing poorly and losing and playing reasonably well but not finishing. Caro's recent losses against McHale and Kanepi fall into the 1st category, the loss against Paszek falls into the 2nd category.

If Caro were to have finished off Paszek or had a better 1st round draw for that matter, I think there's a pretty good chance that she would have made the quarters.

Caro needs to try to build upon this match. It's gonna take some time to find quite the right balance of defense and offense.
Well, its perspective. If you're happy she plays Safarova & Paszek close, then she's doing very well, because she usually is in all of her matches. rarely gets blown off the court.
But if you compare where she was (#1,winning the most matches, most titles on tour), losing early the way she consistently does now, its hard to get excited about being in a round 1 loss.
I expected Caro to be in that round 1 match, not get blown out, and I expected Paszek to lose as soon as she played a contender at Wimbledon

The discouraging part is being up a break every set & giving it right back, broken 3 times in set 3. 7 times in the match. Thats the play of someone with big problems going forward.
Thats after being down 1-5 all 3 sets to Kanepi. I mean, what is going on now? Her service games are much too fragile.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

Last edited by goldenlox : Jul 10th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #2884
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I'm just not excited about a single match anymore. yes, she played pretty good against Paszek but it may mean nothing. After the win against Serena, everybody thought this would be the turnaround... instead it got even worse since then.

Unless she strings at least 3-4 quality matches together and makes a semi-final or final, I don't trust that this is permanent.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #2885
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Personally, I'm just not excited about a single match anymore. yes, she played pretty good against Paszek but it may mean nothing. After the win against Serena, everybody thought this would be the turnaround... instead it got even worse since then.

Unless she strings at least 3-4 quality matches together and makes a semi-final or final, I don't trust that this is permanent.
We should be happy every time she wins a match. But its been 6 weeks now, since she won a match.
That's the bizarro part of this. She's playing a full schedule, but now thats only a few matches every month or 2.

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #2886
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

In order to put things in perspective, we should all remember that Wozniacki is still among the most succesful players on tour. 11th in the race, with 23 victories, still in the top10. Most players would dream to be in her shoes. Bartoli is among the best players on tour since the beginning of the year, and she has only 24 victories. 23 for Ivanovic, who has a really good year. we have been exceptionally blessed for about twelve months, but we could hardly expect it to last several consecutive years. No player wins 60 matches per year over a long period of time. I'm not saying she has a remarkable year, but she currently plays as a regular Top10 player.

Also, this is not the first time she has a bad sequence of losses. April 2010, Porsche Open. She loses in her first match against Safarova. Then she loses in her 3rd round in Rome against Martinez Sanchez. It's followed by another early exit, in Madrid, where Alona Bondarenko plays with her on court. Then she loses in her second match in Warsaw. Then she'll have a good showing in French Open...just to lose against Rezai in her first match in Eastbourne. The following events are history: she won 5 of the remaining tournaments and became number one. I'm not saying it will happen again, but things change quickly in tennis
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #2887
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post

Also, this is not the first time she has a bad sequence of losses. April 2010, Porsche Open. She loses in her first match against Safarova. Then she loses in her 3rd round in Rome against Martinez Sanchez. It's followed by another early exit, in Madrid, where Alona Bondarenko plays with her on court. Then she loses in her second match in Warsaw. Then she'll have a good showing in French Open...just to lose against Rezai in her first match in Eastbourne. The following events are history: she won 5 of the remaining tournaments and became number one. I'm not saying it will happen again, but things change quickly in tennis
She was injured back then though, so it's somewhat of an unfair comparison.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #2888
country flag goldenlox

Originally Posted by Achernar

Also, this is not the first time she has a bad sequence of losses. April 2010, Porsche Open.

When she was losing to Safarova, Goerges, and Ivanovic, supposedly she was working on things for the big events.
The big events came and its the same story. Caro loses to the 1st player playing top 30 type tennis. Not title contenders, just playing decent tennis.

If this keeps going on hardcourt, she could be losing early at the USO, where she was F, SF, SF the last 3 years. I want to see what happens on hardcourt. I already know that getting broken 7 times a match means no shot on grass. But hardcourt was always where she could hold off almost everyone.
Her recent USO/AO losses are to Kim, Serena, Li, Vera. Veteran players who wont be winning much in a year or 2. If Caroline can get back to where she was, she should be very formidable on hardcourt.
More of 2012 and she's not formidable anywhere

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #2889
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really would like her to play Luxembourg for totally selfish reasons
Can she play Luxembourg I thought U can only play two International tournaments a Year if U in the top 10 ? If that not true she should play Luxembourg

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2890
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

So will Her & Frederik Nielsen get an WC into the Olympic Games for the Mixed Doubles

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #2891
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
So will Her & Frederik Nielsen get an WC into the Olympic Games for the Mixed Doubles
Frederik is a wild card alternate, so they can if a male MD or WC withdraws.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2892
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Can she play Luxembourg I thought U can only play two International tournaments a Year if U in the top 10 ? If that not true she should play Luxembourg
She has only played one International (Copenhagen) this year if I'm not mistaken.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2893
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has only played one International (Copenhagen) this year if I'm not mistaken.
I believe she committed to playing Guangzhou between the U.S. Open and Tokyo.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #2894
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #2895
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

I'm totally with you on this Dreamer - nice birthday card - and many happy returns to her. Wonder what she gives herself this year. Last year it was a white motorbike with her signature in 24 carat gold + some other things. A racket with brilliants maybe ?
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread