Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 189 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #2821
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

That's not a tennis phenomenon though, motorsports commentators usually have no clue what they talk about either. I guess that's just not part of the job.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #2822
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
That's not a tennis phenomenon though, motorsports commentators usually have no clue what they talk about either. I guess that's just not part of the job.
I will have to disagree. I've watched F1 on RTL / Sky from Germany and they're excellent (imho).

The British commentators / pundits are excellent too (imho). Martin Brundle, DC, Eddie ..

Granted, Sky also moved a pair of blond talking tits over from darts to now be incl in the F1 coverage, but at least she's not shown too often. And it's Sky (the TV version of The SUN) so ... expected.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #2823
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The tennis commentators who played tennis were pretty good.
Davenport & Navratilova were all over Caroline when she was #1 and winning a lot of titles. They said she had to change and look, she changed a lot.
They were right. She took a steep fall & now her game is in constant change

I thought she should keep the game she had and improve her serve. I guessed wrong, Caroline decided to stop playing steady. She's finished with the steady game. It never even occurred to me that she would drastically change her style of play
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #2824
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The tennis commentators who played tennis were pretty good.
Davenport & Navratilova were all over Caroline when she was #1 and winning a lot of titles. They said she had to change and look, she changed a lot.
They were right. She took a steep fall & now her game is in constant change

I thought she should keep the game she had and improve her serve. I guessed wrong, Caroline decided to stop playing steady. She's finished with the steady game. It never even occurred to me that she would drastically change her style of play
I don't believe that it is accurate to say that she decided to stop playing steady. Really all we can do is speculate. If playing steady was working why would she change? It's hard to say exactly when things went wrong, she did have a fairly good clay season (in 2011) and despite her early exits in Toronto and Cincinnati she did win New Haven and made the semis at the U.S. Open. Her "fall" was fairly gradual and drawn out, partially because she had such a huge lead in points. Did she start losing because she changed her style or did the other players just get better/figure out how to defeat her so she had to change her style? I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question but what we do know is that she is losing a lot more matches now than she did in 2010 and 2011. I wish we could just skip July and get right to the hardcourts, I'm anxious to see what she can do on her best surface. If by the end of the season she shows no major signs of improvement her game could be in big trouble.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #2825
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't believe that it is accurate to say that she decided to stop playing steady. Really all we can do is speculate. If playing steady was working why would she change? It's hard to say exactly when things went wrong, she did have a fairly good clay season (in 2011) and despite her early exits in Toronto and Cincinnati she did win New Haven and made the semis at the U.S. Open. Her "fall" was fairly gradual and drawn out, partially because she had such a huge lead in points. Did she start losing because she changed her style or did the other players just get better/figure out how to defeat her so she had to change her style? I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question but what we do know is that she is losing a lot more matches now than she did in 2010 and 2011. I wish we could just skip July and get right to the hardcourts, I'm anxious to see what she can do on her best surface. If by the end of the season she shows no major signs of improvement her game could be in big trouble.
Yeah, we all made our guesses, whether it was burnout, Rory, opponents playing smarter style against her.

Whatever it was, the former players who predicted this fall were right.
This is quite a crash & fall for a player who was heathy & playing her normal schedule.
A year ago she was holding 9 titles coming out of Wimbledon.
Look at the change in one year. She played a full schedule & only won 5 matches in months, no title in 10 months.

I didnt see this coming at all. Or this style she plays now where she makes a ton of unforced errors at the most crucial moments

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2826
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
+ a thousand ..... I mainly watch(ed) with British commentators and it has now come to a point, where I either mute them or desperately search the net for a non-English stream. Russian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish .. It all works, as I don't understand the commentators (heavenly break from the standard, fact sheet commentating), but I can still hear the court ..
Yes, they are so clueless that it's really laughable. Also,many of them are incredibly biased and unprofessional. They comment in favour of player whom they prefer.
When Caro was no.1 they were always happy when she made an error and annoyed when she was winning. When she hit a winner they'd suddenly go silent.
I speak several languages and,for example,Spanish commentators never do this, they comment on what is going on during the match and are quiet during the important points.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:21 PM   #2827
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys New too the Board I a HUge Fan Of Caroline & can't wait till she rebound
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2828
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #2829
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Welcome Jimmie48
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM   #2830
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I would also like to extend a warm welcome to you Trey. At the moment it is tough to be optimistic but I'm hopeful that she can turn her season around starting in August.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #2831
country flag Trey

Thanks DownInAHole for the Welcome, I know it been hard on all Caro fans but this happen too all tennis players for time to time, they have their up and down, Caro has been on top since 09-11 we can't excepted her too stay on top forever or in goat mode like the man on ATP side lol but she young and can rebound as we can see she already taking that first step with working with someone else as a coach, and too me Caroine have done so much in her career already at the age 21, that many who retire or still active haven't done, too me all she have too do is win a Slam and she will have really done it all really, but even if that not too happen I be a fan Forever same way I was with Lena D.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #2832
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a big drop compared to the fantastic 2009-2011 seasons but I completely agree that such runs won't last forever. I think Caroline needs to recharge her baterries and find her motivation and right winning formula again.
Oh, and I really liked Dementieva,too. She was also a sunshine.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #2833
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
It's been a big drop compared to the fantastic 2009-2011 seasons but I completely agree that such runs won't last forever. I think Caroline needs to recharge her baterries and find her motivation and right winning formula again.
Oh, and I really liked Dementieva,too. She was also a sunshine.
Very True she drop down low, But like we said how many player have had those kinda runs, all she needs too me is a Slam and she been in done it all, & look at it this way there alot other who struggling this year, Vera Z, Kvitova, JJ, Schiavone, Goerges, & Pavlyuchenkova just too name a few, and yeah I Was a huge fan of Dementieva
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #2834
country flag goldenlox

The good thing is that hardcourt is coming. Of course thats not a cure all. She played months of oudoor hardcourt this year without winning a semi. But its a lot better than clay or grass for Caroline

And she's not playing badly. AO, Miami, Madrid, Wimbledon. She played fine those events.
But she doesnt close out matches like she used to. I'm not sure there's any cure for that, besides improve your serve.

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #2835
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Hi Guys New too the Board I a HUge Fan Of Caroline & can't wait till she rebound
Welcome.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread